Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sometimes I hate Mexico
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 06:56 AM
Sometimes I hate Mexico

Did he look injured? Passed out? Sucidal?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 06:58 AM

So why didn't you stop and render first aid, and move the man out of danger and/or see if he was still alive?

I guess it was more important to you to ger to work and write on Baja Nomad how you sometimes hate Mexico.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 07:51 AM

Dead bodies lying around in northern Baja is almost a common occurrence, unfortunately. The 911 operator probably gets such reports daily, therefore her nonchalance.

In TJ in 2018 there were 2519 murders, that's 7 per day.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 07:51 AM

some years ago a guy came to my gate looking for work. i told him i didn't have any work for him and handed him some pesos as he looked like he could use a meal. several hours later while i drove into town i saw him passed out in the road about a half mile from my house. i stopped to get him off the road. by the time i reached him a speeding car came up behind us, in a big hurry to get around this delay, almost ran over the guy. i pulled him into the shade of a tree and offered him water. he was having none of it, and demanded beer. i left him and the bottle of water in the shade of the mango tree and went to town.

[Edited on 6-10-2019 by pacificobob]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 08:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Is insulting someone who freely shares with us necessary with you? Would you rather not read or see anything from Luke or others, because that is what could happen.

Thank you, Luke, for sharing what you saw.

The correct response to someone laying in road is to stop and assist/pull person to the shoulder, or alert/wave off oncoming traffic. In this case, urgent response is required to prevent person from being hit by next car traveling the road.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 08:24 AM

The correct response is to suspect a scam and a robbery attempt, ONLY upon verifying this will not occur would I stop to render aid.

Suicide by cop is not easy in Baja as in the states, thus laying in the middle of the road is the adapted behavior in Baja for the same result.
Anthropology 101

Es Todo Bueno
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
The correct response is to suspect a scam and a robbery attempt, ONLY upon verifying this will not occur would I stop to render aid.

Suicide by cop is not easy in Baja as in the states, thus laying in the middle of the road is the adapted behavior in Baja for the same result.
Anthropology 101

i hope i am never in need of help when you are passing by ted. i might not be able to regain consciousness in time to pass your strict security criteria.or, would i have an advantage being white skinned? what is it like to live with that much fear?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 08:58 AM

Is insulting someone who freely shares with us necessary with you? Would you rather not read or see anything from Luke or others, because that is what could happen.

Thank you, Luke, for sharing what you saw.

Sorry, David K, but when members around here start a post, taking about hating Mexico, it draws my attention, because we have too many posts around here, that like to bash some aspect of Mexico, like a piñata, or engaging in fear mongering, or ugly American behavior, if some aspect of Mexico, is not just like America.

I also understand the visceral feelings, and frustrations of seeing a possible dead body, and that you wish others to see the emergency and take care of it, but you need to control those emotions.

However, I stand by my post, a true good Samaritan, of any nationality would have stopped their car before the injured or dead person, and would have rendered first aid, call 911, and stay there until help arrived, and if the person, was dead, a good Samaritan, would have at least moved the body off the highway, and only then after they helped do they have a right to criticize the Mexican response, or lack of response.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 09:08 AM

He clearly said what the hate was about... Is the fact that police ignore the efforts he made at pleading them to help weigh into your thinking?

From what I read, it seems the police were ignoring LukeJobbins, for sure, but he is not clear, if the police were also ignoring the injured or dead man on the road.

However, we see these kinds of posts all the time on "Baja boards, or social media, where some person, either a Mexican, or tourist, is getting the beating of his life, and the poster say, " and those Mexicans, saw the beatings but stood their and did nothing at all....shame shame shame....." Yet the person who is reporting the beating, did nothing either!

David K. go back and read the title of the thread, it says, " Sometimes I hate Mexico," period.

[Edited on 6-10-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 10:13 AM

could it be Luke was being ignored because the police had been notified and were enroute to the scene:?:
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 10:20 AM

"Sometimes"

Like in 2006, when Antonio's police lieutenant brother-in-law was assassinated in Tijuana following an error printed in the newspaper.

Sometimes is quite okay. Luke lives in Mexico, as well... He has every right to speak about what he does.

David K. Do you sometimes hate Mexico over the behavior of a few Mexicans?

If so then you are engaged in negative racial stereotyping because your temporary hatred towards Mexico over the actions of a few Mexicans.

I also hate the behavior of a few Anericans, the President for one, but you won't hear me saying I hate America, although some of you claim I do hate America.

You do have a right to feel anyway you want, and I suggest when it gets that bad you can always move back to America and this advice is for anybody who is living in Mexico and hating it.

solosancarlos
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 11:04 AM

I will guess not many of you would have stopped in Paramount/Compton, etc. for the same type of situation nor would you have called 911.

just a guess

Luke, your info is helpful and heartfelt. I hear you.

Mexico is not all hugs and alma. I really think many of you do not get that part
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 11:48 AM

If you are wearing the wrong color clothes, you better not stop in certain parts of Compton and Paramount.

lets discuss the unspoken cultural behavior's that are destroying L.A.

The dumping of trash everywhere by the majority ethnic residents.
Street vending that multiplies the problem, same ethnic group
Preying on the homeless cuz they can by selling them junk and RV's that don't operate, new local twist on Ejido's.
Every homeless person has to answer to a Patron that run's the hood, virtual slavery in America

Es Todo Bueno
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 12:37 PM

I could go on and bash racist white trailer trash types, living in US and even Mexico, but I think I will just rest my case, as I made my point, how these threads degenerate into Mexico/Mexican bashing, to all out racism against Latinos, blacks, and other non white people.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 01:38 PM

The point I did try to make in a culturally insensitive manner is that
CULTURE DOES COUNT.
Decades of cultural repression agreeably does bad things as illustrated by your classic response.
So much for a civil discourse, pure machisimo when in doubt.

Es Todo Bueno
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-11-2019 at 08:26 AM

Since the original post has been deleted, perhaps this whole thread should go away!

Luke's posts on this forum have always been appropriate, and no doubt useful to some Nomads. We need more folks like him on this site, and a few less 'special prosecutors'!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2019 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
I could go on and bash racist white trailer trash types, living in US and even Mexico, but I think I will just rest my case, as I made my point, how these threads degenerate into Mexico/Mexican bashing, to all out racism against Latinos, blacks, and other non white people.

well said joe. i think there are plenty here who love baja, but just don't "feel it" for the residents. i know some of my neighbors who fit that category.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 6-11-2019 at 08:57 PM

Only thing I hate is trying to find a cup of coffee at 5am. I always bring my own coffee maker now.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 06:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

You apparently can't differentiate between criticism of the situation that exists in Mexico, mostly created by their government working hand-in-hand with their legal and black market oligarchs, and what you term racism for said criticism.

But, then, you have no real Mexican perspective except from a computer keyboard.

My Mexican friends have the same criticisms I have of the situation in Mexico. Any rational, first-hand observer would.

That leaves you out, of course................
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
6-13-2019 at 07:16 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.