Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Great house in La Salina
Ricky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2019 at 08:45 PM
Great house in La Salina

The wife want to be 30 minutes closer to San Diego, so, we are selling our vacation home in La Salina.
Here’s the Craigslist listing with photos:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/reo/d/san-ysidro-on-the-...

It’s on a land-lease, and I can fill you in on the details. In addition, it’s on Airbnb, and two weekends a month has been covering everything.

I’m a little flexible on price, but there’s a 10% transfer fee on the land lease that’s rolled into the asking price.

Here’s the ad copy:

Only 40 minutes south of the border. This charming house with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms located in La Salina, a gated private community. Only 90 steps from the white sand of the semiprivate beach. Enjoy the incredible sunsets from your private rooftop terrace. With the 2 private bedrooms and two bathrooms, the master features an en-suite bathroom. Full kitchen complete with everything you need. The equipment included are: refrigerator, washer / dryer, on demand water heater, large propane tank in the backyard. The house is completely furnished. The tile roof is less than a year old. Short 5 minute drive to Bajamar, world-class golf course. This incredible location in northern Baja California, surfing, horseback riding, paragliding, fishing, golf, hiking and wine tasting. The house is halfway between Rosario and Ensenada at Km. 73 on the toll road. For more details, drop me a line.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2019 at 10:06 PM

Some would argue that a land lease is not a bad way to buy a home in Baja.

A gringo owning a home with a land lease has no recourse if/when the lease is cancelled. At the land owner's discretion, ''24 hour notice to vacate'' is a possibility. Since the home owner cannot move the home, the home will become the property of the land owner.

This high risk investment would serve someone willing to walk away from their investment -- in this case, $125,000.00.

Renting land to park an RV on is a better investment.

Baja has horror stories of gringoes who thought they had long term leases (10-20 years). Buyer beware in Mexico.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Ricky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2019 at 10:21 PM

La Salina has been in operation since the 1960’s. Now ran by the gringo children of the founders. There was a panic five years ago, but the principals of the firm that own the land, went to court and won. Your statement is fair about land leases, of course, but only if one want to live in a trailer. We wanted a real house, and have enjoyed it.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 6-13-2019 at 10:41 PM

It looks great, The first rule of owning mexican property is," Never invest more than you can walk away from. I looks very cool, but better than me and my budget. I wish you well at selling it. I have leased land twice and done very well.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2019 at 08:42 AM

La Salina is a stable community with good security and has been around for a long time.
If the Marina ever gets dredged out and resolved long term, it has a great upside.
The surrounding development will dictate the future of the land lease.
Across the highway is a big development underway.

Es Todo Bueno
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-14-2019 at 09:22 AM

Bernie Swaim (Baja Bernie here) had a home in La Salina and wrote about the experiences there in his books...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ricky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2019 at 08:41 AM

Hi to those who know the area, and responded positively, thanks! Our current situation is that we want to spend more time in Baja, but the wife’s San Diego office is a bit farther than she wants to drive, so, we need to move 30 minutes or so north. But, everyone who qualifies for global entry, should get it, generally 10 minutes to cross! Regarding the Marina, as I work in the marine industry, if the breakwater was redesigned to curb the shoalng, it would be a great place to dock a boat. Like I said, it’s a fabulous place, we had it for years, it’s just a situational change requires the sale. Thanks
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2019 at 04:29 PM

Is this the old club house? Empty lot behind you?
Ricky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2019 at 07:52 PM

No, that down the street. I happen to have a double lot. Have for years thought of putting a trailer on it, charging $225 month, that would cover the land lease. Just never got around to it.
Ricky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2019 at 11:21 PM

Sold to a lovely couple as their dream retirement home! Maureen Merson from Rosarito Beach Reality was the realtor on the deal, highly recommend!
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 07:33 AM

Congrat's to all.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.