Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Sea turtles slaughter in San Juanico
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-4-2019 at 01:03 PM

Arguing over climate change is just a distraction allowing the planet's abusers

to rape and disrespect our environment and its inhabitants for power and profit.

As long as we are distracted by shiny things it will remain unchecked and our

descendants will curse their ancestors.

Lionel :cool:
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 07:49 AM

It was 90 degrees in Anchorage Alaska, yesterday!

Now one weather abnormality either to the hot or cold side usually don't signal anything unusual and are just part of a long pattern within the standard deviation of weather temperatures that can change over a long period of time.

However, for the last few years, we have seen very wild swings in weather temperatures, heavy rains, hurricanes, droughts and wild fires. These are patterns that can no longer be ignored and written off as just part of the normal natural cycle.

What people like David K and his fellow deniers continue to ignore, is global is accelerated closer to the poles at a much faster rate than the rest of the world. In Alaska, the ocean surface temperatures are upwards of 10 degrees higher and more, which is driving these high temperature changes.

Anchorage was 90 degrees on July 4. That's not a typo

Alaska's heat wave continued through Independence Day, and in Anchorage, the temperatures shattered an all-time record.

The temperature at the airport was 90 degrees Thursday, besting June 14, 1969, for the highest mark ever reached in the state, according to the National Weather Service.

Across south Alaska, the mercury was expected to rise to record or near-record levels on the nation's 243rd birthday and continue at above-average levels through next week, the National Weather Service reports.
Last month was the warmest June on record, with an average temperature of 60.5 degrees -- 5.3 above average

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/04/us/alaska-record-heat-trnd-wx...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 07:58 AM

I don't deny facts... I have denied fanatical predictions... all of which have not come true. You want photos proving the sea level has not risen?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I don't deny facts... I have denied fanatical predictions... all of which have not come true. You want photos proving the sea level has not risen?

You are delusional! Talk your doctor, there is treatment for your disorder, therapy and anti-psychotic meds.

For chits and grins, why don’t you post those palm tree pictures that disprove the researchers, eh?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 10:25 AM
In the Heat, Never will the Twain Meet !

ACCEPT the one true FACT !

Among the Fuhrer Following, nary a varying word will be heard.

It is (and will always be) as the Orange One utters and there can be no question or doubt.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 07:11 PM

Among the 20+ climate "models" in use only one has actually shown any parallel to what is actually happening, Ironically its the Russian model!

Shields are up.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
aburruss
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 10:37 PM

But what about the turtles in San Juanico?

;)
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 01:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by aburruss  

;)

They’re dead!

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 05:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by aburruss  

;)

Exactly. Pretty typical of this site for posts to go completely sideways. Especially when people like Jay Salman, aka JJJ get involved and starts his delusional rambling.

Making America Great Again
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 07:23 AM

There is also some recent evidence from NASA that shows that the earth is more "green" due to the raising CO2 level. Plant Biology 101- plants use CO2

Shields still up.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 08:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
There is also some recent evidence from NASA that shows that the earth is more "green" due to the raising CO2 level. Plant Biology 101- plants use CO2

Shields still up.

Yeah shields are up because you can't possibly back up what you say with legitimated links from real scientists that are not on the payroll of Exxon, where the polluters who are paid big money to confuse the issue, just like the tobacco industry used to do to deny that smoking causes cancer.

We know why the tobacco industry, the oil industry, and others deny or confuse the issue of the pretty much irrefutable evidence that tobacco, causes cancer, or that the oil industry, and other companies pollutes the planet, and cause global warming, it's to save themselves from costly lawsuits that may put them out of business........the question to ask, what's your excuse Cliffy?

IF you also noticed David K. linked some foreign page from Italy that made a case for deny global warming. The deniers do that because they know any links from the US they put up can be fact checked, and ties to big oil could be found, but it's much harder to review foreign links. Nice try David K.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 08:59 AM
It is SAD .....................

............... To hear of Turtles DEAD without someone (or some creature) being FED.

A tasty treat gone to waste.

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 09:02 AM

Shields still up.

I like this.

Making America Great Again
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 11:16 AM

Ya, I did have fried turtle once at Papa's (with Papa) in Gonzaga many decades ago. It was real good as I remember.

When predictions on short term data for long term effects are the only thing to go on, I'm skeptical.

When the models cherry pick data for prognostications, I'm skeptical.

When the problem is renamed 3 times to recycle the argument because the reality doesn't follow the prediction, I am skeptical.

When every climate model used but one is way off on what is actually happening, I'm skeptical.

I'm old enough to remember a time when an Ice Age was predicted in the near future. I'm old enough to remember a famous politician saying the world would end 10 years ago if we didn't pay attention to "global warming". Now we recycle to "climate change" as the narrative. In my life time we've gone from glaciers in the mid-west to worry about to the end of the world, now, in 12 years. AND the one making the loudest noise about the end of the world wasn't even alive when we were worried about glaciers in OHIO. I've got shoes older than her. (They are probably smarter than her also) Things like this make me skeptical.

Follow the money! Famous old phrase.

Kool-Aid can be drunk on both sides of any argument.

I'm still here and I don't worry about my kids after me either.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 02:36 PM

Ya, I did have fried turtle once at Papa's (with Papa) in Gonzaga many decades ago. It was real good as I remember.

I recall There was a thread on baja nomad many years ago about a restaurant on beach at bahia concepcion that serves turtle soup. I think they got in trouble, they should serve a mock turtle soup with stew beef.

Seriously, you can find some good mock turtle soup recipes on line for creole style.
Speaking of soup/stew, time for some pepper pot or mulligatany... sometimes mexican food gets boring, eh?
Summer is here, time for gazpacho!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 04:39 PM

At that time, way back then, I was in Papa's house eating with his family and playing with his grandkids. I brought down lots of balloons for them to play with. The kids loved it.

Back then there wasn't so much of an issue eating turtle. Wouldn't do it today though.

I'd do some pickled herring and brunost cheese

[Edited on 7-6-2019 by Cliffy]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2019 at 04:52 PM
No Issue Back in the Day ..................

In the early (and mid [?]) '80s, there was Turtle meat for sale at the Calimex in Mexicali.

Times change.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.