Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Ranchito for sale in Bahia Asuncion
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-1-2019 at 09:00 PM

People have invited me in the past. I found time to visit a few and it was well worth it.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-1-2019 at 09:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TookieTreeTop  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Is the house next to Campo Sirena still available to rent. That would be fun...

that house and lot next to the campground are for sale for $20 grand...be nice if someone would do something with it.

Baja Gyspy has a compresor and we have wetsuits and snorkel gear for rent as wel as boogie boards, surf boards and kayaks. It's the tourists that are lacking.

Anyone who wants to plan a trip to Shari's can stay at my house free (tip the housekeeper;).

Must have prepaid stay at Shari and Juans to qualify.
I f you split a boat with me also stay free. (+housekeeper tip.)

Same deal you share of boat cash money up front.

why would one pay to do that to themselves?

The only person that will take fishflocks deal is someone equally crazy.

I feel sorry for fishflock’s neighbors.

Does sq have an asylum they can lock up fishflock when he goes off his meds?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-1-2019 at 10:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by TookieTreeTop  

that house and lot next to the campground are for sale for $20 grand...be nice if someone would do something with it.

Baja Gyspy has a compresor and we have wetsuits and snorkel gear for rent as wel as boogie boards, surf boards and kayaks. It's the tourists that are lacking.

Anyone who wants to plan a trip to Shari's can stay at my house free (tip the housekeeper;).

Must have prepaid stay at Shari and Juans to qualify.
I f you split a boat with me also stay free. (+housekeeper tip.)

Same deal you share of boat cash money up front.

why would one pay to do that to themselves?

The only person that will take fishflocks deal is someone equally crazy.

I feel sorry for fishflock’s neighbors.

Does sq have an asylum they can lock up fishflock when he goes off his meds?

You guys are hilarious...
You got anything else....
I love it here in BajaNomad...:cool:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 04:58 AM

Fishbuck is one of the more colorful people on this board! He's multi-dimensional as opposed to the more one-dimensional people that have a hard time with him.
He's the color that fills in the black lines although some of it spills outside of others comfort zone.
Pay attention: HE'S YANKING YOUR CHAIN!
At least part of the time...because it gets your goat (yep that one)
In my travels, I have had some interesting characters walk up to my campsite and leave me with memories I still chuckle at. If Fishbuck ever did, I know instantly I would want to have him stick around for a while. If he never does that, I might have to go looking for him.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 06:23 AM

I think you nailed it, paranewbi.
We met Fishbuck (Mike) at a Pyramid Resort book signing event.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 08:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Fishbuck is one of the more colorful people on this board! He's multi-dimensional as opposed to the more one-dimensional people that have a hard time with him.
He's the color that fills in the black lines although some of it spills outside of others comfort zone.
In my travels, I have had some interesting characters walk up to my campsite and leave me with memories I still chuckle at. If Fishbuck ever did, I know instantly I would want to have him stick around for a while. If he never does that, I might have to go looking for him.

Yeah right, but I don't see you signing up to pay Fishbuck, to stay with him and go fishing for a few days.

David K. seems to think one superficial visit in passing is enough to get to know someone. It's not, although it only takes seconds to usually get a sense about someone, but that's largely unconscious and not always accurate.

Now staying with someone on a weekend trip, you will get a better idea.

David K has also met other Nomads, that he said are OK, but I consider some of them off their rocker!

My advice is that anybody you meet off the internet and will spend considerable time with them is do a background check. Sometimes doing something as simple as a Google search will at times turn up a wealth of information about someone.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 08:22 AM

Nomads are all great people... a few are sometimes off their meds, however! LOL

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

Yeah right, but I don't see you signing up to pay Fishbuck, to stay with him and go fishing for a few days.

David K. seems to think one superficial visit in passing is enough to get to know someone. It's not, although it only takes seconds to usually get a sense about someone, but that's largely unconscious and not always accurate.

Now staying with someone on a weekend trip, you will get a better idea.

David K has also met other Nomads, that he said are OK, but I consider some of them off their rocker!

My advice is that anybody you meet off the internet and will spend considerable time with them is do a background check. Sometimes doing something as simple as a Google search will at times turn up a wealth of information about someone.

Do you ever post anything positive about anyone or anything? You seem to have a pretty miserable empty life spent continually trashing and “investigating” others.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Baja Gyspy has a compresor and we have wetsuits and snorkel gear for rent as well as boogie boards, surf boards and kayaks. It's the tourists that are lacking.

Is this the stuff that has been donated over the years?

NO Norte...these are all things we have bought...all donations went to the surf club or who they were donated to. So dont believe rumours that we keep the donations. Yes one donator gifted me a boogie board a couple years ago.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 02:03 PM

I think I'm into something...
Gypsy has a garage pub and the compressor. And miscellanious dive gear.
"Gypsy's Dive Bar":coolup:

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Shari, How would the fishing co-op member feel about putting a bunch of tourists on the abalone and lobster grounds? If I got the information correct, the local quotas are pre sold, and there is no way to accommodate sport divers.

Even if everybody plays by the rules, I could see where it could be a consideration to the local fishermen.

Spearfishing is legal and many people do it here as is sport diving. The cooperativa knows that tourists arent going to take abalone and if we take divers we always make sure they know the regulations. Nobody can take any abalone at all apart from the cooperativa fishermen.

It is a touchy subject as I understand that some divers are paid to go and find healthy patches of abalone and mark the areas on the GPS and they pass the coordinates to the poachers which is why some areas wont allow diving.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2019 at 02:38 PM

This thread turned into the whos who if who got banned lately Eh!
adios fishy & Joe
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2019 at 04:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Would it make a good spot to make into a small RV / trailer park? How's the road to the place?

the road to it is short and excellent...the owner had a plan to put in some RV sites. Me, I would just plant organic produce and fruit trees and have animals to sell for food too like rabbits, goats, sheep with a couple burros and horses for fun!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2019 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Would it make a good spot to make into a small RV / trailer park? How's the road to the place?

the road to it is short and excellent...the owner had a plan to put in some RV sites. Me, I would just plant organic produce and fruit trees and have animals to sell for food too like rabbits, goats, sheep with a couple burros and horses for fun!

Oh, I can't wait to have your rabbit mole again!!! That was to die for! :bounce:

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 08:28 AM

An update on the status of the Ranchito...today we begin laying the 3/4' water pipe directly to the ranch!!!

I envision a sweet little intentional community where folks can spend time there, lease or rent either short or long term.

I see space for RV's, maybe build a few little cabins for those who dont want to buy a place but do want their own little home to come to either to get away from the heat or the cold!

I see the main house as a commons area for gathering, eating, games, crafts etc. I see a common use garden and orchard. I see animal raising, horses, burros, rabbits, goats, chickens etc.

Oh the things I see...and dreams I dream!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 10:32 AM

Hola Amiga,
Is it possible to see some pics of the ranchito's current building{s}?

Don't believe everything you think....
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 11:25 AM

this is the rustic ranch house..solar powered...one bedroom...open kitchen, living room area...the bedroom

the communal garden, orchard area fenced off

the view from the front of the house of the ocean and the pueblo...at night is it magical!

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 12:41 PM

Shari, does this mean that you bought the place? Or, are you laying pipe for other reasons?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 12:41 PM

Shari, did you buy it???

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 02:43 PM

so...I have lent money to Rodolfo to get out of a tragic event in his life and have showed the ranch to some folks but havent yet found the right person/people to buy it. Rodolfo wanted to split it up and sell lots in order to pay me back but I feel it should be kept in tact as one big lot so asked him to give me some time to find the right folks to either buy it or we can form a group of investors to get it up and running.

Those who know me, know that I believe everything has it's time to shine and one must be patient for the right moment when all will be revealed. I feel like many of my amigos want to have a piece of Asuncion, but dont necessarily want to buy something and be here full time.

Whatever happens to the Ranchito, it will be easier to sell or develop if it has good water so I have put up the funds to get it installed.

In good faith Rudy has offered to sell it to me in installments. So 5 grand first then another 5 next year etc. I really dont need another project but it is just such a beautiful spot, it is very hard to resist.

It has always been a dream of mine that someone would come to Asuncion and start growing organic food. I am coming to realize that it is just alot of work and many dont want to put the effort in when they come to retire. BUT....if there were a handful of us, we could share the work and produce, have somewhere for our animals, have a sweet place to gather and an option to living in town.

So no I havent bought it but would be certainly interested in being one of the investors if others shared my vision.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.