Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: fireworks
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 05:18 PM

I´ve seen palapas,cabañas and Guadalupe canyon burn down due to azzhats with fireworks. Not cool in populated areas.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 05:23 PM

A deserted Baja beach
A roaring bonfire
and a few bottle rockets launched out over the Sea of Cortez
It don't get no better:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 05:34 PM
Let 'er RIP!

Baja Fireworks Shows in Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo, and Todos Santos

Weddings, Birthdays, Holidays, & Special Events!

Whether you are planning a wedding, party, celebration, or any type of event, Baja Fireworks gives it the special bang that makes it pop. Manufacturing fireworks for over 10 years, they specialize in wholesale fireworks packages for sale, as well as pyrotechnic shows and displays to the public. they are equipped to do your show anywhere on the Southern tip of Baja California including Todos Santos, San Jose del Cabo, Cabo San Lucas, and the East Cape. Operated by owners Alberto Jose Alberto Zavala, Robert Quirk, and their crew of pyro technicians, they have done the New Years Eve show on the beach in El Pescadero every year since 2009. Their main webpage with photos, videos, and prices can be viewed at: Baja Fireworks Shows. More photos and info can also be viewed by clicking Fireworks in Cabo, Todos Santos, and Baja. They have a wide selection of firecrackers, rockets, sky bombs, mortars, roman candles, and much more.

Wholesale Prices
3-minute Fireworks Show…….$1500-$1950 usd (price depends on event location)
4-minute Fireworks Show…….$2000-$2450 usd (price depends on event location)
5-minute Fireworks Show…….$2500-$2950 usd (price depends on event location)

Larger shows available-call for free quote!

Video Clip of Fireworks Show at Casa Tomas, July, 2018

We accept MC, Visa, AMEX, Paypal, and cash

Contact fireworks@todossantos.cc or Mex: (612) 141-7026 or U.S. (760) 494-1113 (message only).

Baja Fireworks puts the bang in your event!

Serving Todos Santos, El Pescadero, San Jose del Cabo, and Cabo San Lucas!

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 05:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
A deserted Baja beach
A roaring bonfire
and a few bottle rockets launched out over the Sea of Cortez
It don't get no better:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Con cervezas y ceviche fresco es aún mejor.:yes::yes:

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DanO  
I love fireworks, especially the big skyrockets, but there is a danger factor there that I long ignored until I was forced to be more careful. A friend and I used to put on a real extravaganza he started with another friend every New Year's Eve at La Bocana de Santo Tomas -- skyrockets, mortars, girandolas, missile blocks, bottle rockets, fountains, roman candles, m80s, m1000s, black cats, etc. If they sold it in Ensenada, we blew it up. A few times we even worked a nice dry Christmas tree festooned with firecrackers into the show.

For those who don't know, the area is very sparsely populated. It's a couple of miles from the fishing port at Puerto Santo Tomas, which is the only "populated" area around there, with maybe a couple of dozen permanent residents. A number of folks from the few houses in the surrounding area would come to my friend's house to watch the fireworks, and those who had dogs that were bothered by fireworks were sensible enough to leave them at home, locked up.

Anyway, a few years ago we had a premature explosion of one of the really big rockets while it was still in its tube on our launch deck, about 4 feet in front of us. I suffered some permanent hearing loss and received a lifetime gift of tinnitus. My friend had similar symptoms. Fortunately, those were the only physical injuries we suffered. My eyeglasses took a piece of the rocket dead center in the right eyepiece and likely saved my right eye. My sweatshirt took a few hits and had a few burn holes as well. The spectators thought it was all part of the show and loved it, but my friend and I agreed that we were damn lucky not to have been more severely injured.

I still do fireworks, but I deal with them more deliberately in preparing and lighting them, and I get out of the launch area completely after ignition instead of standing just back of the blast zone. I wear gloves, safety glasses (those prescription eyeglasses are expensive to replace), fire-resistant clothes, and earplugs, and I always have a fire extinguisher and a hose at hand and make sure that water pressure is good before starting. Fireworks can and should be both fun and safe. BOOM!

ya ive had some sketchball MX mortars blow up in the tube, or barely launch out and blow up 2ft above the deck, that combined with the .0001 second speed fuses they put on everything makes it a game of life and death every new years and 4th of july!

still hell of a lot of fun though, be safe out there! :coolup:

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 06:35 PM

I believe they outlawed them for sale in all of BCS a while, at least I haven't seen them for sale anywhere, theres an old abandoned cohete shack on the side of the road in Mulege

[Edited on 6-29-2019 by defrag4]

UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 6-28-2019 at 09:59 PM

Having a home with a palapa roof I have found spent bottle rockets in my yard after celebration events. Keep it safe and realize what it could do to ones living near by, they could lose everything from one miss guided bottle rocket.
Beach over water is a good plan for any aerial fire works. Have a great 4th. Keep your pets inside. ;D:cool:
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 12:27 AM

i agree, shooting them out in the middle of nowhere is the only way to fly! plus they look cooler shot out over the sea

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 07:43 AM

My dog is afraid of both fireworks and thunder, but I agree that with a little timely redirection he could be trained to ignore both. There's no limit to what he'll do for a treat!

As someone with tinnitus 24/7, I love the flash of fireworks, but not so much the noise. I can appreciate them in the context of a festive celebration, particularly when done by professionals.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 07:59 AM

The Puget Sound area beaches are non stop fireworks until around Oh dark thirty in the morning. High quality Chinese fireworks, a stacked wood pallet of fireworks costs about $400

Es Todo Bueno
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 08:08 AM

There are several venues along San Diego Bay too. A few years ago there was a screw-up and all the fireworks at all the venues went up at once. Spectacular show..........for a minute or two. My dogs were happy about it. ;)

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 08:19 AM

This time of year, the sun doesn't even set in Anchorage until about 11 PM, so things start late. One year just as it was getting less that full daylight, a fog bank rolled in!

The show must go on, so thousands of dollars worth of sky rockets were nothing more than a dull glow with a muffled bang! The ground display was OK, but very few people had a good view of it.

My good old dog used to be terrified of anything that made a bang. The one I have now seems to be amused by lightning or fireworks, and it was not because of anything I did!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
This time of year, the sun doesn't even set in Anchorage until about 11 PM, so things start late. One year just as it was getting less that full daylight, a fog bank rolled in!

The show must go on, so thousands of dollars worth of sky rockets were nothing more than a dull glow with a muffled bang! The ground display was OK, but very few people had a good view of it.

My good old dog used to be terrified of anything that made a bang. The one I have now seems to be amused by lightning or fireworks, and it was not because of anything I did!

This happens more times than not on the Central Coast of Ca. A couple of yrs recently this were barely visible, just a faint glow.

Making America Great Again
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 02:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

only one place to be in Alaska for 4th of July, Glacier view baby!!

let em flyyyyyy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMYzMUu06Q

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 02:51 PM

Cars jumping off a cliff... because we can... Yep!! good clean fun.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 04:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bobrehfuss  
If your going down Hwy 1, go past Ensenada and turn on the street that goes to Estero Beach (Lazaro Card##as). There are two shops that sell fireworks on the right hand side of the road as you are going toward the ocean. Look for the signs that say “Cohetes”. They are only a couple blocks off the Hwy and you can usually park right in front of the store. Super easy, super quick and no hassle like downtown Ensenada. If you wanna drop a little coin just ask the person at the counter for the better stuff in the back. They will have El Jefe bring out the real deal stuff but it’s more money.

If you like mariscos keep going down Lazero Carrdenas until it dead ends into Lupita Novelo. Look for Gustavo’s mariscos stand. He makes some of the best civiche and a double decker tostada that is unique. thanks

[Edited on 6-28-2019 by bobrehfuss]

[Edited on 6-29-2019 by 4baja]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 04:34 PM
Being Neighborly

I found long ago that the best recourse for victimized neighbors is a bit of (creative) tit-for-tat when the offending rat is away for the day.

Patience and prudence is always rewarded with opportunity.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 04:37 PM

thanks guys, leaving tomorrow and will try estero beach. if not fire crackers then fire cracker yellowtail will do if not bigger.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-29-2019 at 09:17 PM

Ask 'em for some seal bombs......red, about the size of a tennis ball.

Quote: Originally posted by 4baja  
thanks guys, leaving tomorrow and will try estero beach. if not fire crackers then fire cracker yellowtail will do if not bigger.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-30-2019 at 11:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
I live close enough to a 5 star hotel that when they celebrate with fireworks (weddings, parties), the ground shakes. I wouldn't call this stuff fireworks. Tubes like 81mm mortars. They go all out and it's always a spectacular event.

Trust me when I write that all dogs can be trained to be OK with fireworks and loud noises. It takes time and patience and failure is only an option for the dog owner.

I love fireworks. More the better. Loud is great. I like setting them off on the beach. Fortunately, I don't have neighbors with pampered and coddled dogs.
. True buttcrack of year come over here with your fireworks. Will see who is pampered . Real low Life.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.