BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  10
Author: Subject: Baja coastline is eroding. PROFEPA to move Federal zone back?
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 06:36 PM

Or think they are

sold out and got out !!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 07:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

The case of a man-made or natural rise in sea level has no merit, only predictions.

I dont think you state such out of stupidity, i think you are just rigid and inflexible, and have a closed mind. Or Perhaps you are fooled or brainwashed by the partisan media you listen to.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 07:39 PM

says the goat who refuses to admit what his eyes show him...
The king (sea levels rising) has no clothes!

Even you David K said you at least agree with nature caused global warming. So where do you think all that arctic melting ice goes?

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 08:04 PM
Melting Arctic Ice will raise the Sea-Level ...............

[Edited on 7-11-2019 by MrBillM]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

according to who?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 08:16 PM

Floating ice that melts has no effect on sea-level. There's no land mass at the north pole.

It's the land-based ice that melts or breaks off into the sea that's the problem, like the Greenland glacier.

However, a continual decrease in arctic ice is indicative of a warming climate and subsequent land-based ice melt.

Here's something new, published today:
https://phys.org/news/2019-07-ice-edges-greenland-sheet.html

[Edited on 7-11-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 09:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
according to who?

Anyone with a basic understanding of physics. Like they taught us in junior high school science class...

Though I realize at this point many of us can't remember back that far. :rolleyes:

good job, you figured out how to quote!:lol:
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 10:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Floating ice that melts has no effect on sea-level. There's no land mass at the north pole.

It's the land-based ice that melts or breaks off into the sea that's the problem, like the Greenland glacier.

However, a continual decrease in arctic ice is indicative of a warming climate and subsequent land-based ice melt.

Here's something new, published today:
https://phys.org/news/2019-07-ice-edges-greenland-sheet.html

[Edited on 7-11-2019 by SFandH]

who said "north pole"? maybe some need a better understanding of the Arctic"?

[Edited on 7-11-2019 by Don Pisto]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 05:11 AM

Started surfing in 1963 in OB San Diego. Spent the 70's surfing north county mostly alone. When I finished making a new board mom would let me ditch school and surf all day without seeing another soul out in the water.
Then the crowds grew over many years. More kooks out in the water. Then came the bathtub effect... more bodies in the tub and the water rises.
Global Kookism is the problem.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 05:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Started surfing in 1963 in OB San Diego. Spent the 70's surfing north county mostly alone. When I finished making a new board mom would let me ditch school and surf all day without seeing another soul out in the water.
Then the crowds grew over many years. More kooks out in the water. Then came the bathtub effect... more bodies in the tub and the water rises.

Global Kookism:lol:
Your story about no. county in the 70s is pure b.s.:light: I graduated from San Dieguito high in mid 70s. I was surfing NC since I was 11.
Nice fantasy though.

[Edited on 7-11-2019 by chippy]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 08:14 AM
'60s Surfing

While I can't say what (generally) SD North County was like during that time period, living in the South Bay (Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo Beach) and often going as far south as Oceanside, there were many solitary weekdays and many more where there were only a few others in the water and there were few weekends that saw the sort of crowds seen today.

In nostalgia, one tends to focus on the GOOD times so it's not surprising that those solitary and uncrowded days would be remembered.

And, there were plenty of those in the '60s into the '70s.
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 09:19 AM

Finally a logical explanation that is factually correct !! ;);)
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 10:31 AM

for all the Davids out there who don't grasp the concept of climate change - and whether we are involved in causing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU&list=PL16649...

and as a bonus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZb2_vcNTg&list=PL16649...

Harald Pietschmann
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
for all the Davids out there who don't grasp the concept of climate change - and whether we are involved in causing it:

and as a bonus:

Thanks, interesting videos. That's a good youtube channel, over 6 million subscribers.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 12:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Global Kookism:lol:
Your story about no. county in the 70s is pure b.s.:light: I graduated from San Dieguito high in mid 70s. I was surfing NC since I was 11.
Nice fantasy though.

[Edited on 7-11-2019 by chippy]

Not so Chipman...you must have been surfing Swami's on a weekend. Even Pipes had a few guys out only most of the time and they were from San Diego State.
I mainly surfed 6th street reef Del Mar and we kept most anyone away. Remember all the vibes when you went somewhere you weren't a local at? Or maybe you hung out with the bowl hair cut blonde crews from La Jolla...
I was a soul shop (garage) board maker and got to know some of the guys I punched out in the water for paddling up to my break...still good friends. :)
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 03:34 PM

Is it hot out here or is Al Gore just blowing hot air
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 05:27 PM

The second video of a tree growing from CO2... who is saying that isn't true? Not me.

that is the point with science - there is no choice between true or not. It simply is.
But since we still have some freedom, you can become a member in the flat earth club.

Harald Pietschmann
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 05:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

and as a bonus:

All the Davids??? Seriously Harald, picking on me? Is my proving the sea has not risen the past 80 years with photos that effective?

I agree that the climate is changing. It always has and it always will. The sea level is also changing as it has in the past.

It is just changing at such a tiny rate, especially when the alarmists are saying we are polluting so much more.
Just when will the sea actually rise a full foot or more and flood the salt flats, put the palm tree in water, flood the street that beach homes are on?

The second video of a tree growing from CO2... who is saying that isn't true? Not me.

Reminds me of the 50's song...."Why is everybody always picking on me"

David is coming around...used to be no climate change. Now there is a little and the sea is rising a little. Houses are falling in the ocean... a little.

The article pointed out the streets flooded that have beach homes on them... Did you read the article David? or immediately go to tRumps talking points?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 07:47 PM
Palm Tree Science

Having missed much (most ?) of the ongoing Palm Tree Palaver ................ WHAT is it supposed to prove ?

IF the daily conditions on the two dates and times were (impossibly) exactly duplicated (including tidal state), given the incremental (in millimeters) "claimed" rise per decade, the apparent visual difference would likely be ???????

Have I missed something significant in the Palm tide saga ?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 08:19 PM

Nothing has changed in what I know to be true.

that will become a classic

Harald Pietschmann
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.