BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9  
Author: Subject: Baja coastline is eroding. PROFEPA to move Federal zone back?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 01:23 PM

"The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on. And all your piety nor your wit can scarce erase a line of it".

...... from Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam.

Another version:
“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 01:57 PM

Good Lord...I did not post this so it could be all about David K.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 02:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

It's not, NORTE, other than in a few peoples mind who appear to be obsessed with damaging David K for reasons only they really know as their points are lost on many, including me. . :?:
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 02:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
DK,

Why do you think so many scientists are saying that global warming and subsequent sea-level rise is due to the burning of fossil fuels? Are they mistaken or are they lying?

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by SFandH]

I don't know what they are thinking in their minds... It surely will keep them funded .................

So you think scientists around the world and venerable organizations such as the American Association for the Advancement of Science have conspired to produce mountains of data to perpetuate a hoax for the purpose of producing paychecks?

Is that it?

I'd really like to know how you can just dismiss what the vast majority of scientists have to say.

[Edited on 7-23-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Clearly, the goal is to make the central government more powerful, get votes from the sheep that follow them, and that means you will have less freedom, less money.

I found it. This is why the scientists are perpetuating the global warming hoax.

Of course!

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 02:35 PM

Duh.

It's a worldwide conspiracy to get you to vote Democrat.

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Quote: Originally posted by norte  

It's not, NORTE, other than in a few peoples mind who appear to be obsessed with damaging David K for reasons only they really know as their points are lost on many, including me. . :?:

I think Michelle outlined it pretty clearly....:rolleyes:
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 04:39 PM

x 2 wilard.

Not all of us belong to the DK Fan Club. Seems some think it's a prerequisite of membership here. He sticks to maps and his missions, fine. When he ventures into his politic/science drivel he borderlines demagoguery and martyrism. The guy really needs and craves attention at any rate. "Me, My and I" get really old after a while. Bajafam is SPOT ON.

Reminds me of a 'soapbox' story of Tijuana I heard somewhere down the line (no, I don't have a LINK for those anal sticklers here). Seems back in the early 20th century... and I mean EARLY.... Tijuana was a playground for the Hollywood elite as there were much fewer rules and laws, so partying dawgs could get away with mucho.

In those days budding American politicians would go down, find a 'venue' and set their (litteral) soapbox up, and practice their stump-speech talents for their upcoming election runs. As the story goes, one-such BLOW-HARD found a nice hotel with a courtyard to 'orate his political position'.

Apparently the Barrymore Bro's and William Claude Fields were staying at that well-known hotel. They were totally unamused by the stumping of the huff'n'puff politico a story below their rooms, so being rather..... well toasty, they stood at the balustrade and urinated down on the hapless jerk.

Apparently la policia stormed the hotel, a great fracas ensued, and the boyz prolly spent a little while in the Tijuana slammer, palms eventually greased.

Ah, for the good ol' daze. :spingrin:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JohnGaltSpeaking
Junior Nomad

Mood: where have all of the smart people gone?

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 05:55 PM

the validity of climate change is a not an issue. most of the climate deniers in the government and the private sector know that climate change is real and man-made because they are educated. they just won't admit it because it isn't in their interest to do so. the private sector denies it because doing so will allow them to make more money and the politicians deny it for the vote.
the real issue is the amount of people who don't understand the true intentions of the climate deniers that hold any real position of power. why? because that amount of people is what doesn't allow for any change in policy. a businessman will change if there is any money in it and a politician will change if the vote does. as hard as it might be for people to accept, nobody in power is really to blame. it is the willful ignorance of the people who choose to believe in those with power. many issues in history are non issues today just because the people changed, not because a change in business ethics or a new awareness in politics. child labor, segregation, women's suffrage were all issues, until they weren't. did those in power all of a suden wake up? have a change of heart? no. people did. and those in power were right there to accomodate.

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by JohnGaltSpeaking]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
x 2 wilard.

Not all of us belong to the DK Fan Club. Seems some think it's a prerequisite of membership here. He sticks to maps and his missions, fine. When he ventures into his politic/science drivel he borderlines demagoguery and martyrism. The guy really needs and craves attention at any rate. "Me, My and I" get really old after a while. Bajafam is SPOT ON.

Reminds me of a 'soapbox' story of Tijuana I heard somewhere down the line (no, I don't have a LINK for those anal sticklers here). Seems back in the early 20th century... and I mean EARLY.... Tijuana was a playground for the Hollywood elite as there were much fewer rules and laws, so partying dawgs could get away with mucho.

In those days budding American politicians would go down, find a 'venue' and set their (litteral) soapbox up, and practice their stump-speech talents for their upcoming election runs. As the story goes, one-such BLOW-HARD found a nice hotel with a courtyard to 'orate his political position'.

Apparently the Barrymore Bro's and William Claude Fields were staying at that well-known hotel. They were totally unamused by the stumping of the huff'n'puff politico a story below their rooms, so being rather..... well toasty, they stood at the balustrade and urinated down on the hapless jerk.

Apparently la policia stormed the hotel, a great fracas ensued, and the boyz prolly spent a little while in the Tijuana slammer, palms eventually greased.

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT which is described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! Pee on them (literally)!! It is so tragic that they do this,, but I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.

Carry on!!! (We sure see things differently)

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by Barry A.]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:08 PM

x 2 wilard.

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! (It is so funny,, and I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.)

Carry on!!!

damn those "eletes"!
bajafam
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:11 PM

Dear Lord.
Did you mean elotes??? I freaking love elotes.

[Edited on 7-24-2019 by bajafam]

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:13 PM

"Damn" them?? Well, no. But I have always been sad that they act like this, and hope they never achieve any real power.

Remember to vote!!!!!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:20 PM

the heat in Redding WILL cook your brain I suppose...........
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:22 PM

Barry, have your great-grandkid install a spell checker on your computer.

bajafam
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:23 PM

I think he just hates corn.
Sad.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:33 PM

now davids gonna want us to apologize?:P
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 06:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafam  
I think he just hates corn.
Sad.

And don't anybody bring up those fish eat'n peoples...

"Though I don't fry fish as they're sentient beings and I don't eat'em anymore." (Bajafam)

sentient
[ˈsen(t)SH(ē)ənt]
ADJECTIVE
able to perceive or feel things.
"she had been instructed from birth in the equality of all sentient life forms"
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 07:55 PM

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT which is described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! Pee on them (literally)!! It is so tragic that they do this,, but I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.

Carry on!!! (We sure see things differently)
[Edited on 7-24-2019 by Barry A.]

Sound off all you want Barry. If the conservative POV you're writing about involves morality, then put a lid on it. Don't give a F' about your morals whether it's conservative or liberal.

You probably share DK's POV here paraphrased: I choose the side of patriotism and the side that doesn't kill babies.

This might be the wrong forum for conservatives. Enemy of the US. Enemy of the people.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2019 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
x 2 wilard.

----and some (few?) on this forum think THAT described above is just fine, but God forbid that somebody sounds off from a Conservative point of view------THAT is not tolerated by the self-appointed "eletes", oh noooo!!!! (It is so funny,, and I appreciate that they commit moral suicide like this.)

Carry on!!!

damn those "eletes"!
[/rquote

AND their "uppity " educations!
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.