BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  10
Author: Subject: Baja coastline is eroding. PROFEPA to move Federal zone back?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2019 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Nope, not what I said at all.
That's okay Ged.
I hear pot is legal in your country now.
Have a nice day my friend.

Medical pot legal in California for 23 years.

Recreational pot legal in California for 3 years.

Canada behind the curve on this.

What's your point, DK?

(Always get the impression you have some heavy judgment about pot.)

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 7-8-2019 at 09:53 PM

I suggest lighting up and mellow the hell out... that's all. Peace, love, and fish tacos!

Been doing that all day here in San Felipe with some oil my buddy left here last trip, thanks Jerry:bounce:. Trying to get used to the heat, waiting for my fishing date to show up so we can post some dead fish pics later in the week. Sounds like it may be epic so beware.

On a side note, you can always tell when DK has had enough, always outs with the peace, love and fish tacos mantra.:spingrin:

Now back to your regularly scheduled sea level rise debate.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-9-2019 at 10:54 AM

Don't believe everything you think....
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2019 at 07:18 PM

Nope, not what I said at all.
That's okay Ged.
I hear pot is legal in your country now.
Have a nice day my friend.

Some think that managed retreat means changing the subject...Hint....read the article David
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 06:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
From the article: " California coast is disappearing under the rising sea."

Wait a minute, David K. says the sea is not rising, according to his Palm Tree, 1970 and current photos, showing no changes.

Funny how the editor totally ignores the contents of the article to push the sea level fear. Karl Marx had said if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes truth. Clearly, the article says 'erosion' and not sea level rise.

Erosion is the weathering away of the beach, coast, cliffs, etc. from storms, waves, currents. This does happen and we can see it all over. The sea is virtually unchanged in its height (maybe a cigarette's length or two higher) the past 100 years as photos clearly prove.

So 2 things here! Mr trump is obviously a protogee of Mr. Marx, or goebbel, or Lenin - some communist dictator - how quaint! as he clearly demonstrates every day that he believes repeating lies will make them truths!

And David, as I have asked before - I would like to see documentation on those photos - you know - date and time - that way we could actually account for tides! I'm sure you understand thats just a simple way to stop individuals from cherry picking data (in this case photos) to "prove" their point.

And I'm sure thats the way you would want it - right David, after all - whats to stop someone from going to the sacred palm on an extreme high tide, and take a photo then! And then where would you be - you would have unwittingly provided the baseline data proving sea level rise - based on your photo and one other!

sucks when it bites both ways eh David?

and while you are at it David, can you provide me a source of the liberal Media saying the Maldives would be under water by now? I would really like to fact check that story!

[Edited on 7-10-2019 by caj13]

[Edited on 7-10-2019 by caj13]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 08:45 AM

Of course the science is clear that during the last 100 years of so, the sea level has really been increasing compared to the previous 2000 years, but we are all supposed to not believe it, because all the climate scientists are lying, and David K, has the smoking gun, that lone palm tree photo in Baja, that supposedly disproves the seas are rising.

I'm almost speechless to think David K, believes his palm tree is evidence that the sea is not rising due to global warming.

The ocean never stops moving. When you visit the beach, waves roll in and recede and the tides rise and fall. These are small daily changes that balance out over time. But over the past century, the average height of the sea has risen more consistently—less than a centimeter every year, but those small additions add up. Today, sea level is 5 to 8 inches (13-20 centimeters) higher on average than it was in 1900. That's a pretty big change: for the previous 2,000 years, sea level hadn't changed much at all.

https://ocean.si.edu/through-time/ancient-seas/sea-level-ris...

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 09:17 AM

I am curious as to how many nomads in DK's fan club also deny the effects of global warming/climate change affected by human behaviours....:coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 10:21 AM

Why can none of you explain why the sea level has not risen in over 80 years toward the palm trees shown above. You keep blasting David but no one has an explanation.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Why can none of you explain why the sea level has not risen in over 80 years toward the palm trees shown above. You keep blasting David but no one has an explanation.

Without tidal data the photos are meaningless.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 10:41 AM

Clearly there is evidence that humans contribute to green house gases that may affect the environment though their contribution is quite minimal at .04% of total CO2. CO2 is also a minor gas of green house gases which represents only about .04% of total environmental green house gas. Obviously H2O is the most significant at bout 70%.

So, while it is clear that humans do contribute to the atmosphere, their contribution is practically insiginifant. Calls of coming catastrophe are clearly demonstrated to be exaggeration, often assicatiated with proven economic motivation. All research has errors and group motivations can push in ways that in crease errors.

Looking at the past decade of research it is demonstated that Michael Mann and the authors of IPCC as well as it directors were involved in conflating data of various sources and exaggerating the human affect on climate with the "hockey stick" graph that is demonstrably wrong.

So, yes, humans contribute to the environment. it is not clear that human contribution to CO2 drives any change in temperature or change in the atmosphere. In fact temperate leads CO2 changes by hundreds of years.

Moreover, our current measured CO2 parts per million (PPM) in the atmosphere is histrocially lower than prior to the industrial revolution. USA and many developed contries have reduced CO2 output year to year. We still have work to do in China and India.

The greatest influence on temperature is the Sun. Surprise! The sun is more than a millions times larger than the earth and it's minor changes can affect us significantly. Today we have no Solar Sun spots for about 50 days which is a solar minimum, this is itself is significant and will result in some percepatbale change, though it I snot clear what that will be until time has passed to measure the influence.

It is absurd to continue to believe the discredited previous 10-20 years catastrophic IPCC predictions, though things are improving with increased transparency.

Of course over fishing, poisoning of water sources, abusive factory and manufacturing do cause pollution and this must be stopped. It can easily be stopped by changing your buying habits, but no you can not stop breathing and eating to change the climate. Nor does population seem to have a significant affect. One volcanic eruption is more significant that any thing we can do.

If you fly in a plane the CO2 is at 10,000 plus, if you go to meetings the CO2 in the office is 10,000 plus But people don't have measurable negative affects. Growing houses inject CO2 to increase plant growth and overtime our earth has had more diversity and greater plant life resulting in increased animal life diversity with higher CO2 on earth in the past.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/06/08/the-perils-of-science...

[Edited on 7-10-2019 by gnukid]
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:02 AM

I have a honest question. I'm not up on all the scientific data with regards to climate change and the effects that human behavior has or doesn't have on the climate. I do think that we should do more to help protect the environment and I have become more aware of this in the past 20 years and have made changes to help.

If I make changes and all others in the modern world make changes will those changes offset the damage that all the other countries continue to do by not making any changes?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:08 AM

Sea Level Rise varies per area depending on many factors. No overall global acceleration has been demonstrated.

https://climateadj.wordpress.com/2019/05/14/kriged-sea-level...

"The overall linear trend is 2.3 [2.2 to 2.4] mm/yr. The trend from 1960 onward is 2.5 [2.4 to 2.6] mm/yr. The linear trend since 1993 is 2.5 [2.3 to 2.7] mm/yr. This is significantly less than the 3.3 mm/yr trend estimated by satellite altimetry data. No significant acceleration or deceleration was found in either regression."

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaRun  
I have a honest question. I'm not up on all the scientific data with regards to climate change and the effects that human behavior has or doesn't have on the climate. I do think that we should do more to help protect the environment and I have become more aware of this in the past 20 years and have made changes to help.

If I make changes and all others in the modern world make changes will those changes offset the damage that all the other countries continue to do by not making any changes?

Short answer, No. But you should still take local personal steps to improve your behavior. The problem is that China and India have much larger populations and they are the worst and don't have a culture that appreciates long term gains, they prefer to gain more today in profits than worry about the future.

Though if we don't buy their products that harm the environment we can help, for example, reduce all plastics, don't buy crap, processed and manufactured foods are bad for you and for the environment.

Grow your food, compost, recycle and know the source of foods and products and know how your garbage is managed and do what you can to reduce the negative impact and increase the positive impact.

It's a garbage and waste war, poisoning of our ecosystem through abusive practices, but good things are happening everywhere.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:24 AM

Try try Gnukid, but like most global warming deniers, who actually try to back up their denier theories and science with links, they usually fall flat on their face, where their science sources that turn out to be frauds or they work for big oil for big money to deny global warming or that tobacco causes cancer.

Willard Anthony Watts, from "Watts Up With That" is nothing but a college drop out, former radio and TV weatherman, who joined the "Heartland Institute" which is a right-wing think tank, that works to protect big business from lawsuits, for example, the "Heartland Institute" also worked for tobacco company Philip Morris to attempt to discredit the health risks of secondhand smoke and to lobby against smoking bans.

Willard Anthony Watts is a former radio and TV weatherman and notable global warming denier. He has joined the denialist Heartland Institute as senior fellow for environment and climate.[1] He claims to have subscribed to AGW years ago before he saw the light and became a denier. He also claims that he is (otherwise) an environmentalist. This makes him something of an AGW concern troll.

lthough Watts has made appearances on both Glenn Beck[2] and Sean Hannity's[3] shows, he is, dangerously, among the less nutty of the prominent deniers. Mostly he just repeats the same tired old denier talking points, or pulls out some random data and says, "Look, it's cold somewhere!"

As is typical of media weathercasters, Watts (a college dropout) has no academic training in the physics of climate or related disciplines. Unencumbered by scientific expertise he works by intuition, and intuitively he could not bring himself to accept the documented increase in the U.S. surface temperature record. There had to be a problem with the instrumentation or book keeping — somewhere. Watts explained his story to Glenn Beck. At first he speculated that the composition of new weather shelter paint had interfered with the measuring system:[4

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Anthony_Watts

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:26 AM

What's quite interesting is that the polar extemes are quite dynamic and always have been. The general population may be unaware of the highly dynamic and rich environment.

The Antarctic has hundreds of under water volcanoes that create hot water spots resulting in year round warm underwater environments that are rich with sea life, as well as hot pools at the surface.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:31 AM

When one discusses a topic, it is reasonable to offer differing theories, data, facts, and opinions. Those engaged in discussion may use logic, facts, data, and various forms of critical thinking e.g. logic, grammar, rhetoric, arthritic, geometry, astronomy, music in arguments to further their point and disagreements may remain. But, personal attacks are not logical argument, they present no weight nor should be considered as evidence in discussion. A personal attack is evidence that the proponent doesn't have any logical argument and is using "logical fallacy" in this case a "Ad hominem" attack which must be disregarded.

For example, if I said I saw JJJ drunk in Zone Norte with prostitutes so don't believe him, that would be a logical fallacy carrying no weight in argument.

http://criticalthink.info/$trivium/advresearch.htm

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I am curious as to how many nomads in DK's fan club also deny the effects of global warming/climate change affected by human behaviours....:coolup:

Probably something like this:

"A total of 13% of Americans polled in a 23-country survey conducted by the YouGov-Cambridge Globalism Project agreed with the statement that the climate is changing “but human activity is not responsible at all”. A further 5% said the climate was not changing.

Only Saudi Arabia (16%) and Indonesia (18%) had a higher proportion of people doubtful of manmade climate change."

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/07/us-hotbe...

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 11:52 AM

Where was the personal attack? You are denying man made global warming aren't you? Your link was dubious at best, although I did mention your source was a college drop out with no science background.

BTW, those hot vents in the arctics have also been debunked as the main cause of global warming, and it's still mankind that is driving global warming by a wide margin, according to most scientists that study this issue and aren't on Exxon's payroll, and that's a fact.

Many here are always trying to discredit me, by claiming all kinds of outrageous claims about me, my favorite is they believe I'm a foreign Muslim, so feel free to join the party.

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
When one discusses a topic, it is reasonable to offer differing theories, data, facts, and opinions. Those engaged in discussion may use logic, facts, data, and various forms of critical thinking e.g. logic, grammar, rhetoric, arthritic, geometry, astronomy, music in arguments to further their point and disagreements may remain. But, personal attacks are not logical argument, they present no weight nor should be considered as evidence in discussion. A personal attack is evidence that the proponent doesn't have any logical argument and is using "logical fallacy" in this case a "Ad hominem" attack which must be disregarded.

For example, if I said I saw JJJ drunk in Zone Norte with prostitutes so don't believe him, that would be a logical fallacy carrying no weight in argument.

http://criticalthink.info/$trivium/advresearch.htm

Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
Oh oh! I just took a look at the palm trees and look what happened.

Damn! It isn't even high tide yet.................

Si ests buscando la person que cambiar su vida, chale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 05:43 PM

Instead of panic and insults... I agree man is negatively affecting the environment. We ALL are. Few of us are hiking to and from Baja to reduce our CO2 emissions. Please explain to me how the dire predictions of sea level rising now is a problem when there is clear evidence that areas such as northern Arizona were once under sea water and there is evidence of sea life in the soil. This all happening prior to the arrival of the modern man.
And again, please refrain from insulting me. I am not as educated as some here are.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.