Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fresno businessman beaten to death in Cabo 7/16/19
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2019 at 07:40 PM
Fresno businessman beaten to death in Cabo 7/16/19

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — Prosecutors in the Mexican resort town of San Jose del Cabo say they are investigating the death of Jose Arredondo, who was apparently beaten to death in Cabo San Lucas, BCS, on Tuesday July 16th.

Arredondo is well known in the Central Valley as the owner of several car dealerships, including one in Fresno CA.

Baja California Sur state prosecutors said Tuesday they were called to a condominium after someone reported a dead body. Officials with the prosecutor’s office said the body, “Showed signs of blunt force trauma.”

Arredondo owned Family Motors Auto Group in Bakersfield and Fresno Buick GMC, according to the Better Business Bureau.

John Pitre, Chief Operations Officer of Motor City Buick GMC and Motor City Lexus told KERO-TV he received an email informing him and other dealerships of Arredondo’s death.

“His family reached out to us and told us what happened. He was in Cabo San Lucas on both business and pleasure,” Pitre said. “He had both a home and some business dealings down there. I don’t know the exact circumstances of what happened. Unfortunately, something tragic happened to him last night.”

Arredondo was 58-years-old and was born in Mexico City, but he was a U.S. citizen.

The U.S. State Department has confirmed the death of a U.S. citizen in Cabo San Lucas.

In a statement, the State Department said, “We are closely monitoring local authorities’ investigation into the cause of death.”
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 08:12 AM

Interesting guy
Most of his business and dealerships were in Bakersfield
Known locally for his generosity
Found dead in the home he owns in Cabo
Search the web and there are a lot of interesting back stories,
including his illegal entry at age 11 (but now a citizen)

Son is a pop star singer, whatever that means....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 08:15 AM

I'm usually not one who speaks ill of the dead, but usually when an American, ends up dead in Mexico, from foul play, some kind of vice is usually involved, than just a random homocide.

In this case the victim who died from a blunt object or knife in the back depending on what article you're reading, was an undocumented Mexican alien, whose rose from being a dish washer to a highly successful car dealership owner. Great to see a dish washer rise to be so successful in life.

There seems to be rumors for years this guy was mixed up with organized crime, although it also may be that he had no known convictions.

The fact that someone was once shot dead in the victims home, is too big of a hurdle for me to overcome to make me believe this was just a random homocide over something like a just a robbery.

In his interview with Bakersfield.com, Rev. Ranger denied any allegations that Arredondo’s businesses were mixed up in organized crime. The reverend said, “I never saw, ever saw anything that would make me think otherwise.”

Bakersfield.com reported in 2006 that there had been rumors that Arredondo had been arrested in the past in Miami and Las Vegas on drug charges. Despite those rumors, the website says that there is no criminal record for Arredondo in those states. Local police told the website that although they have received reports about suspicious activities at Arredondo’s businesses, none have ever been substantiated.

In August 2014, one of Arredondo’s senior employees was shot dead in mysterious circumstances. While in February 2006, a man named Manuel Morales Abarca, 28, was shot dead in Arredondo’s home in Rosedale. Arredondo was not at home at the time of the shooting.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/07/jose-arredondo-dead/

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
I'm usually not one who speaks ill of the dead, but usually when an American, ends up dead in Mexico, from foul play, some kind of vice is usually involved, than just a random homocide.

In this case the victim who died from a blunt object or knife in the back depending on what article you're reading, was an undocumented Mexican alien, whose rose from being a dish washer to a highly successful car dealership owner. Great to see a dish washer rise to be so successful in life.

There seems to be rumors for years this guy was mixed up with organized crime, although it also may be that he had no known convictions.

The fact that someone was once shot dead in the victims home, is too big of a hurdle for me to overcome to make me believe this was just a random homocide over something like a just a robbery.

In his interview with Bakersfield.com, Rev. Ranger denied any allegations that Arredondo’s businesses were mixed up in organized crime. The reverend said, “I never saw, ever saw anything that would make me think otherwise.”

Bakersfield.com reported in 2006 that there had been rumors that Arredondo had been arrested in the past in Miami and Las Vegas on drug charges. Despite those rumors, the website says that there is no criminal record for Arredondo in those states. Local police told the website that although they have received reports about suspicious activities at Arredondo’s businesses, none have ever been substantiated.

In August 2014, one of Arredondo’s senior employees was shot dead in mysterious circumstances. While in February 2006, a man named Manuel Morales Abarca, 28, was shot dead in Arredondo’s home in Rosedale. Arredondo was not at home at the time of the shooting.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/07/jose-arredondo-dead/

For a guy that goes nutzo when suggestions are made about your presumed dubious past you sure don't mind dredging up rumor and innuendo (all unproven) on others.

Pathetic- go crawl back under your rock
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

For a guy that goes nutzo when suggestions are made about your presumed dubious past you sure don't mind dredging up rumor and innuendo (all unproven) on others.

Pathetic- go crawl back under your rock

I wouldn't exactly call laughing at "bither" reports about my citizenship going nutzo, especially since most of those birther callers are banned.

What do you think happened to Arredondo?

A random homicide in Cabo, that could have happened to anyone?

Now thebajarunner, go run along and go fall off your your bike.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-30-2019 at 10:58 AM

I have been following this case since I heard the Cabo, police made this a high profile case, because who Jose Arredondo was, and because it was scaring the ex-pats, and tourists, and so I figured they would put a lot of man power on this case and possibly make an arrest(s) and solve this case.

So far not too much information on the suspect, they call Roberto "N'' nor have they released the motive for the killing, but I'm sure we will shortly find out.

Mexico arrests suspect in killing of Jose Arredondo

SAN JOSE DEL CABO, Mexico — Authorities in Mexico say they have arrested a suspect in the murder of Jose Arredondo, a U.S. citizen who was found dead earlier this month in a condominium in Baja California Sur state.

The state's Attorney General's Office said Monday that a man it identified as 50-year-old Roberto "N'' originally from Mexico's Hidalgo state had been arrested for the killing of Arredondo, a prominent car dealer in Bakersfield. The suspect had been reported missing by his family.

Mexican authorities say Arredondo's body showed signs of blunt force trauma.

Arredono would have turned 61 years old on Monday, when a celebration of life was held for him at New Life Church on Stine Road. The man's generosity and charisma were evident to all those who knew him, speakers said.

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/mexico-arrests-suspect-in-k...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-31-2019 at 08:29 AM

The alleged killer of Jose Arredondo, is 51 year old Roberto Guadalupe González Martínez, who was a long time friend and golfing buddy of homicide victim Jose Arredondo.

What's really weird was that previous to the killing, Roberto Guadalupe González Martínez, allegedly faked his own kidnapping and was asking for $55,000 dollars. His daughter was also involved when she asked the Canadian government to help.

The Arredondo, has family lawyers working on this case, and claim the information coming from Los Cabos, are made up and lies.

So I posted information from the Cabo, papers, because the family is trying to control the news coming from Bakersfield's papers.

The allegedly kidnapped is now accused of manslaughter!

Los Cabos.- A whole network of lies had been woven around the alleged kidnapping of the 51-year-old developer Roberto Guadalupe González Martínez. The investigations have taken a turn and now appears as the main suspect in the murder of José Arredondo, who was beaten to death in the Gardenias subdivision of the city of San José del Cabo on Wednesday 17 of the present.

That Wednesday morning, residents of the subdivision gave notice to the authorities of a blood event, in which the businessman José Arredondo, who is of Mexican / American nationality, who made a fortune in California with the sale of California cars and is also the father of the famous pop singer Kim Samuel.

Police elements processed the scene of the violent crime.

For Saturday 20, lawyer Jaime Salomón Tatcher Urbina, reported to the Attorney General's Office the disappearance of tourism developer entrepreneur Roberto Guadalupe González Martínez. He only handed over a set of photographs to the authorities and mentioned that his disappearance was Friday afternoon.

That same day at night, on Canadian television, Isabela González Kaminsky, daughter of Roberto Guadalupe González Martínez asked for help locating her lord father.

In the same report, family lawyer Jaime Salomón Tatcher Urbina denounces that the tourist developer had been intercepted by subjects on Friday, July 19, in a section that goes from the Cabo Real hotel to the Fonatur roundabout in San José del Cabo. Later, the lawyer continued, the “kidnapped” held a talk with “his boss” and says that those who deprived him of his liberty were requesting $ 55,000 to release him. But he went further, pointing to police bodies as responsible for kidnapping him.

It is suspected that all this was a trick, because according to sources consulted, there was no such kidnapping.

The situation rose in tone, when the daughter of the developer entrepreneur, who by the way is well known in Los Cabos, sought to involve the government of Canada to pressure the authorities of Baja California Sur to find their father's whereabouts. He even managed to ask the South California government to find the alleged missing from the Congress of Canada.

https://californiahoy.net/2019/07/29/aparecio-supuesto-secue...

[Edited on 7-31-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.