Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Billions of dollars each month being sent to Mexico
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2019 at 07:53 PM
Billions of dollars each month being sent to Mexico

Wow - what would it mean to the US economy if the money earned or collected from welfare programs was saved or spent in the USA instead of being sent out of the country.

"Remittances to Mexico, one of the main largest sectors of the countrys economy, in May hit their highest level for any individual month on record, according to new figures released by the countrys central bank.

Mexicans abroad sent $3.203 billion in May, or 1.5 percent higher than the $3.156 recorded the same month a year earlier, according to numbers released this week by the Bank of Mexico.

May has historically been one of the highest months for remittances in Mexico, given that its the month the country celebrates Mothers Day. But Gricha Raether, who heads the Mexico City-based remittance payout company Poni, says President Donald Trumps promises of stepping up deportations has sent a ripple across American households that include undocumented immigrants.

People are making more sacrifices to send more money so that they can keep the minimum they need to survive in the U.S. and the rest transport it over here, Raether said. Theres also the factor of the dollar getting more value in terms of the exchange rates. "

Source: https://fronterasdesk.org
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 01:57 AM

Shouldn't matter how they got the money. But I bet most of it came from good hard work...Its theirs to do with as they see fit......
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:08 AM

Provided all taxes were paid on cash remittances .. no harm no foul IMO

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by wessongroup]
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 04:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Shouldn't matter how they got the money. But I bet most of it came from good hard work...Its theirs to do with as they see fit......

And 99% are not paying 1 penny in taxes.

Making America Great Again
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:00 AM

"Wow - what would it mean to the US economy if the money earned or collected from welfare programs was saved or spent in the USA instead of being sent out of the country."

There might be benefits returned in that the money sent south does keep a certain percentage of the populace of Mexico right where they are. And it may also operate to keep some of the populace from rising up and causing a change in their own country.

The article also states; "People are making more sacrifices to send more money so that they can keep the minimum they need to survive in the U.S. and the rest transport it over here", which could mean a level of subsistance is required to subsidize the wealth they could have raised their living standards yet sent south...all playing into the left's imaging of a 'poor' populace abused by low wages.

How about we tax the monies leaving the country (and taken out of circulation here) at the sending source and use it to build 'the wall'?
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:03 AM

And what is the comparison to the retiree's funds spent as expats or the visitor's vacation expenditures given freely by the citizens of the US, taken out of circulation in the US and into circulation in Mexico?
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:06 AM

Said my piece. Save my place at the table for JJJ or the Goat.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:47 AM

Whats your source for the 99% BUBBA?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Said my piece. Save my place at the table for JJJ or the Goat.

Wilderone is another dumb trump bigot, not worth my time to respond to.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 06:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Exactly!!

The first thing that I thought was "Good! Mexico needs the money." I realize others may have a different viewpoint.

Sending money home to the "old country" has been happening for a long time. The US was built by immigrants.

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 07:06 AM

I saw this thread early on where Wilderone, equated remittances to Mexico, as welfare, and said to myself, "oh no we are going to have another racist thread!

However I'm most pleased by the replies, that most members here either called out Wilderone's wefare comparison, and seem to believe Mexicans who work hard and earn a paycheck can do with their money as they please.

But there are always a few Bubba's, and Paranewbi's around.

Bubba, doesn't seem to know that even if you work underground, and do not get a paycheck, you still pay taxes indirectly from such things as rent, food, or shopping at places like Home Depot.

Paranewbi, where do I start?

Paranewbi, seems to want to built a wall, and double tax the remittances, because he is that kinda guy.

I still can't get over Paranewbi's ridiculous book, where he claims he talked an immigrant to stay home rather then come to the US and work, after Paranewebi, gave the immigrant a few bucks to be brainwashed by him.

If Paranewbi's story is to be believed, that Latino immigrant, has to be one dumb idiot to listen to Paranewbi.

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 07:07 AM

"The US was built by immigrants."

Do you mean those racist, bigots and slave owners?
I thought the Democratic Party did that...of course one and the same.

And the word 'was' implies completion...so what is there to build upon? If we still need all those 'builders' what are they going to build the US into?

And by the way... it seems most of those past 'builders' don't really want any more 'builders' coming to 'build' us.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 07:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
I saw this thread early on where Wilderone, equated remittances to Mexico, as welfare, and said to myself, "oh no we are going to have another racist thread!

However I'm most pleased by the replies, that most members here either called out Wilderone's wefare comparison, and seem to believe Mexicans who work hard and earn a paycheck can do with their money as they please.

But there are always a few Bubba's, and Paranewbi's around.

Bubba, doesn't seem to know that even if you work underground, and do not get a paycheck, you still pay taxes indirectly from such things as rent, food, or shopping at places like Home Depot.

Paranewbi, where do I start?

Paranewbi, seems to want to built a wall!

I still can't get over Paranewbi's ridiculous book, where he claims he talked an immigrant to stay home rather then come to the US and work.

If Paranewbi's story is to be believed, that Latino immigrant, has to be one dumb idiot to listen to Paranewbi.

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

conjecture
[kənˈjekCHər]
NOUN

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

VERB

form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

:yawn:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 07:34 AM

So. No answers.

"There might be benefits returned in that the money sent south does keep a certain percentage of the populace of Mexico right where they are. And it may also operate to keep some of the populace from rising up and causing a change in their own country" DUH.

What's a Trump bigot and what does Trump have to do with people earning money in the US and sending it to Mexico?

JJJ: you have a reading comprehension problem.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 07:34 AM

Nope, I think I have a very good idea where you are coming from Paranewbi, even if I didn't read "Through The Eyes Of Juan" which is really through the eyes of Paranewbi.

The fact that you found religion later, doesn't really seem to help.

BTW I'm speechless about the Religious-right( white) hypocrisy in the USA about immigration, and their high support for Trump.

Old post by Paranewbi.

"How about a program that enables those willing to sponsor an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs."

I sought out a way to do this in 2006. We have sponsored a family since 1997 in Guatemala. Wife and I met the father in the jungle around Peten back then. Never faltered at meeting their basic needs financially to stay where they are.

Just published a book about how I lost my construction job to illegal immigrants in the 70's and my struggle to lose the animosity over that. Titled "Through The Eyes Of Juan" (the father in Peten).

It is now available at my website 'Shadowspath.net' and every penny from those sales will help support this family in Guatemala as my wife and I retire.

It's an easy read with pictures...perfectly suitable for a rainy day and a margarita! :D

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 08:27 AM

I'm with the PRO group.

Being a retried Plumbing contractor and one who has hired "day help" hundreds of times. The Mexicans and other Latino workers were ,most always, by far the best workers.

I even helped one "Jose" get his citizenship. Personally I have nothing but respect and admiration for most Mexicans..

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 08:33 AM

how about the several hundred billions a year sent by big money earners to some shelters outside the US

but I understand - it is so much more fun to beat up the little guys

plus, it is so beautifully inflammatory

Harald Pietschmann
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 09:05 AM

Let's see, according to the OP, 3.2 billion a month is sent out. Annually 38.4 billion, let's call it 40 billion. The value of all goods and services produced in the past year, the GDP, is right around 20 trillion, or 20000 billion.

Soooooooo, 40 / 20000 = .002 or 0.2 percent sent out of the country by immigrants.

This is not a big problem.

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 10:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Nope, I think I have a very good idea where you are coming from Paranewbi, even if I didn't read "Through The Eyes Of Juan" which is really through the eyes of Paranewbi.

The fact that you found religion later, doesn't really seem to help.

BTW I'm speechless about the Religious-right( white) hypocrisy in the USA about immigration, and their high support for Trump.

Old post by Paranewbi.

"How about a program that enables those willing to sponsor an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs."

I sought out a way to do this in 2006. We have sponsored a family since 1997 in Guatemala. Wife and I met the father in the jungle around Peten back then. Never faltered at meeting their basic needs financially to stay where they are.

Just published a book about how I lost my construction job to illegal immigrants in the 70's and my struggle to lose the animosity over that. Titled "Through The Eyes Of Juan" (the father in Peten).

It is now available at my website 'Shadowspath.net' and every penny from those sales will help support this family in Guatemala as my wife and I retire.

It's an easy read with pictures...perfectly suitable for a rainy day and a margarita! :D

Thanks for the bump/plug JJJ!!

Our sending Juan back to his family with a guarantee of substantial financial support was born on the witnessing of his family crying while watching a video we brought with us to their home in Guatemala on an Easter visit. The video was of their husband/father on our patio and recording a message to his family he hadn't seen in several months. The anguish we saw in his families hearts (and ours witnessing it) convinced my wife and me to make a commitment to provide what they needed and reunite our Guatemalan adopted family.
This is all part of the story of 'Through the Eyes of Juan' but of course JJJ has never read what he comments on and thus leans on conjecture to bolster his diatribe.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 11:01 AM

OH...and if anyone (of course JJJ also) wants to know my name and what I look like...that is available on my website.
And if they want to see what I talk like...I've been on a whole lot of news programs centered around my son's exoneration and release from 8 years in prison for a crime he did not do.

Just wanted to say, I don't hide from anyone, unlike some on this board do.

pssst...if you u2u me with a personal email address I will send you all the links you want and I have 55 years of photos of me traveling all over Central America, Mexico, working in orphanages in the Norte zone, working as a construction worker, getting married in Tecate, etc. All of which is evidence of what I say I do is exactly as I do...

C'mon JJJ...put it out there.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.