chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 02:21 PM

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Personally I have nothing but respect and admiration for most Mexicans..
[Edited on 7-18-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Disastrogirl

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:27 PM

Undocumented immigrants who work pay into unemployment, medicare and social security but never get to use any of it.

https://www.marketplace.org/2019/01/28/undocumented-immigran...

Maybe we should find a way to send that to Mexico, since we are so worried about money going where it doesn't belong.

Or, maybe we should be charging higher fines to companies who hire undocumented workers. Maybe we should make it harder for corporations to send factories to other countries and outsource work to cheaper countries.

Maybe we should take back that big tax cut for the rich, since our government deficit is the highest it's ever been. That's a much larger chunk of money that our government doesn't have. Of course, that only matters if your issue is really money that the government isn't getting.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Disastrogirl  
Undocumented immigrants who work pay into unemployment, medicare and social security but never get to use any of it.

https://www.marketplace.org/2019/01/28/undocumented-immigran...

Maybe we should find a way to send that to Mexico, since we are so worried about money going where it doesn't belong.

Or, maybe we should be charging higher fines to companies who hire undocumented workers. Maybe we should make it harder for corporations to send factories to other countries and outsource work to cheaper countries.

Maybe we should take back that big tax cut for the rich, since our government deficit is the highest it's ever been. That's a much larger chunk of money that our government doesn't have. Of course, that only matters if your issue is really money that the government isn't getting.

You sound like a treasonous communist! As my exalted orange baboon leader says, “if you dont like ‘merica, and you dare to debate, then you go back home to your chit hole!”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 03:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
OH...and if anyone (of course JJJ also) wants to know my name and what I look like...that is available on my website.
And if they want to see what I talk like...I've been on a whole lot of news programs centered around my son's exoneration and release from 8 years in prison for a crime he did not do.

Just wanted to say, I don't hide from anyone, unlike some on this board do.

pssst...if you u2u me with a personal email address I will send you all the links you want and I have 55 years of photos of me traveling all over Central America, Mexico, working in orphanages in the Norte zone, working as a construction worker, getting married in Tecate, etc. All of which is evidence of what I say I do is exactly as I do...

C'mon JJJ...put it out there.

I seen your photo probably taken at least 15 years ago, and I know all about your son, and you talking to extreme right-wing radio in San Diego, about your plight losing your business, that you blame on illegal Mexican immigration in the 70's.

Hogwash, with your blame, and although you claim you are not bitter, your posts in this thread prove you still harbor resentment towards Mexicans construction workers, where you say, ' And by the way... it seems most of those past 'builders' don't really want any more 'builders' coming to 'build' us." You are talking about Mexican constructions workers aren't you?

If you want why don't you send me Juan's email from Central America, so I could talk some sense into him.

He doesn't have to wait around for handouts from you and your wife. Juan, could instead come to America, anyway he can, because there are plenty of jobs here, papers or no papers that pay a living wage, and although it's tough living away from home with your family so far away, Juan could take pride that he is supporting his family and working like a man.

After a few years he could go back home, or better still bring his family from central America here to the US to live the American dream.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 04:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Personally I have nothing but respect and admiration for most Mexicans..

Especially the ones that send part of their probably low wages home to mom and dad or other family members.

I can't understand the couple/few on this message board that don't like money being sent out of the country to help relatives. If the trade deficit is your issue, you're really going after small potatoes.

Gee, what else could it be?

[Edited on 7-18-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
OH...and if anyone (of course JJJ also) wants to know my name and what I look like...that is available on my website.
And if they want to see what I talk like...I've been on a whole lot of news programs centered around my son's exoneration and release from 8 years in prison for a crime he did not do.

Just wanted to say, I don't hide from anyone, unlike some on this board do.

pssst...if you u2u me with a personal email address I will send you all the links you want and I have 55 years of photos of me traveling all over Central America, Mexico, working in orphanages in the Norte zone, working as a construction worker, getting married in Tecate, etc. All of which is evidence of what I say I do is exactly as I do...

C'mon JJJ...put it out there.

I seen your photo probably taken at least 15 years ago, and I know all about your son, and you talking to extreme right-wing radio in San Diego, about your plight losing your business, that you blame on illegal Mexican immigration in the 70's.

Hogwash, with your blame, and although you claim you are not bitter, your posts in this thread prove you still harbor resentment towards Mexicans construction workers, where you say, ' And by the way... it seems most of those past 'builders' don't really want any more 'builders' coming to 'build' us." You are talking about Mexican constructions workers aren't you?

If you want why don't you send me Juan's email from Central America, so I could talk some sense into him.

He doesn't have to wait around for handouts from you and your wife. Juan, could instead come to America, anyway he can, because there are plenty of jobs here, papers or no papers that pay a living wage, and although it's tough living away from home with your family so far away, Juan could take pride that he is supporting his family and working like a man.

After a few years he could go back home, or better still bring his family from central America here to the US to live the American dream.

If anyone wants to determine just how twisted JJJ is...my website, as I said, is available to all... and my book details a part of my life with Juan.

JJJ is too lazy to rely on anything but conjecture.

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 05:24 PM

What JJJ doesn't see...from my website

Why Through The Eyes Of Juan

My wife, Mary, and I have traveled extensively through Mexico and Central America over the years. We decided at one point to do something about the plight of a family, the family of Juan Mis.

Over the years of bonding with ‘our Guatemalan family’, we have maintained our monthly support financially, without interruption. This even in the most financially dire times of our lives.

We knew this was a necessity because the environment in Guatemala is void of jobs, especially for the children as they grew into adulthood. What little work there was available, was unstable in the economy, and caused a need to constantly look for other work, even while employed.

Often where four or five people of a family were employable, only one or two could actually find work. And at 80 cents an hour, even two incomes fail to provide for much.

Twice we provided the necessary funding for extended education; Teaching College for the oldest son, Juanito and Agricultural/Veterinary College for the second oldest son, Marconi. But upon graduation, the deterioration of the economy caused a lack of employment opportunities. Essentially there is little in Guatemala that guarantees employment.

Even with our support, Juan found the need to come to the United States as an illegal alien, ‘one without papers’. He came to us.

After almost a year here, Mary and I resolved to send him back home. To do that we reached an agreement to increase our financial support. We came to understand some time later that the increased financial support was not to provide a more lucrative life for our family in Guatemala, but to put another son through college in the hope that a brighter future might be realized.

A request was made of Mary and I, a couple of years ago during Juan’s failing health, to fund an operation that might bring Juan back to health. We couldn’t afford the monies needed and by the time we came to realize that, Juan’s health was near terminal. Juan died in 2016.

His wife Eva and the kids have done what families do…they have carried on the best they know how.

Mary and I are nearing retirement and we are concerned that our support for our family in Guatemala is maintained. In the endeavor to do just that, I have decided to write about our relationship with Juan and Eva and the kids.

I independently publish (IP) this work with no support towards content, grammar, editing, etc. I can’t justify investing money to do such, when my efforts are aimed at using the funds acquired through sales, to support our family in Guatemala.

This is my first book I have ever written. It is not polished to the standards of what some may expect. I really don’t care. I do care that this story comes to you as if I was telling it to you directly. I want you to see it as I do, personal. That is how our families became as one.

50% of the price you pay for this book goes to production – 50% goes to Eva and the kids. Nothing to us.

The joy of that, goes to Mary and me.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 06:07 PM

If I can help with self-publishing advice or printer recommendations, email me. I know you have my book from when we met in San Diego, yes? I spent a year creating it and I just put in an order for another printing (the 7th) as they keep selling, so I did something right!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-18-2019 at 06:33 PM

paranewbi .... Thanks for the: info, discussion and your efforts to help those in need ... Sorry to hear about your son ... THAT does happen sadly and ruins a life permanently in many cases

Trump's actions in the area of Prison Reform have IMO been very positive to a very large segment of our population that becomes labeled ... We don't "brand" any more, but, the paper trail is just as bad

[Edited on 7-19-2019 by wessongroup]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2019 at 07:49 AM

Why Through The Eyes Of Juan

My wife, Mary, and I have traveled extensively through Mexico and Central America over the years. We decided at one point to do something about the plight of a family, the family of Juan Mis.

Over the years of bonding with ‘our Guatemalan family’, we have maintained our monthly support financially, without interruption. This even in the most financially dire times of our lives.

We knew this was a necessity because the environment in Guatemala is void of jobs, especially for the children as they grew into adulthood. What little work there was available, was unstable in the economy, and caused a need to constantly look for other work, even while employed.

Even with our support, Juan found the need to come to the United States as an illegal alien, ‘one without papers’. He came to us.

After almost a year here, Mary and I resolved to send him back home. To do that we reached an agreement to increase our financial support. We came to understand some time later that the increased financial support was not to provide a more lucrative life for our family in Guatemala, but to put another son through college in the hope that a brighter future might be realized.

Paranewbi, who were you to determine that Juan, had to go back to Guatemala?

Juan was not a slave or dog, that needed direction from you.

That should be his call, if he wants to continue working in the US making a livable wage to send back home, or going back to a country with no jobs or as you said, the jobs paid 80 cents an hour.

Good luck with your book, but I don't think it's something I would enjoy reading, and although you probably meant well, I don't think you really had Juan's best interest at heart, and in fact were probably quite hostile to the though Juan, wanted to come to the US as an undocumented Mexican worker, especially given the fact that you blamed people like Juan, for your construction business failure in the 70's.

I also take it that you're an evangelical Christian type, and belonged to a church that helped poor orphans.

Personally, I'm horrified at the white evangelical base, and religious right in the US, who are Trump's strongest supporters. What hypocrites!

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2019 at 10:29 AM

It's all in the book JJJ; how we met, my 'invitation' if he ever got to the states, the years of support and how that started... before he unexpectedly started north.
The year he spent with us in our home in Ocean Beach and how we came to grow closer as two men going through intense times in our lives together (My son in law's death by a drunk driver leaving my daughter and 4 fatherless grandkids, my son's false accusation and incarceration, all in the year Juan was with us).
The contrast to my experience being affected by the immigration influx personally at one time and my setting that aside to answer a family in need from a small town in Guatemala where 45 men from their village were already in the US (Florida).
And yes J-man, I am a student of the Bible, yet do not consider my self Christian nor evangelical, and that did play a role in my answering a call from the needy.
I can understand your horror at something that somehow threatens you so much that you fail to observe yourself and focus on others such as those 'hypocrites'. Your very being is limited and that is frightening in a way...but it's the limits of your mind that is your greatest enemy JJJ.

[Edited on 7-19-2019 by paranewbi]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2019 at 10:39 AM

Another answer in the book JJJ... at the end of Juan's year with us we were forced to relocate and found a new home in Imperial Beach. We knew it would be tough having Juan with us in a town where the Border Patrol was so prevalent at the time and I was growing leary of employing him on my federal job sites.
Juan and I discussed his options and one was to go to Florida and join his community there or take the support of my wife and I and return home...which is what we hoped for upon seeing the families heartache at being separated (Juan's also).
It was Juan's choice JJJ. Although the heartache we had was relieved by the one he made it was his choice. Our son's trial drove us into bankruptcy but somehow we were blessed enough to maintain our five hundred dollar a month support we committed to. That was the amount Juan felt he would be sending home if he went to Florida and worked in a restaurant with his friends...that's why we committed to that amount.
It's all in the book.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2019 at 10:49 AM

Just a little aside JJJ.
I also visit men in prison on weekends...not through or with anyone else or organization, just on my own.
One is Black...ex gang member
One is Phillipino...
One is white (has Aspergers, killed both his parents)
One is a Mexican Sin Papeles, convicted of a sex crime.

Don't quite fit your bigotted image hey JJJ?
Go ahead conjecture falsely some more.
And coware from my challenge to put yourself out there as much as I have.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2019 at 05:32 AM

DK...thanks for your offer. Completely humbled by the struggle to produce correct sentence structure with my public education background. :P
Was great meeting you and between my son and us we actually purchased at least two of your books. Have to say the setting was an eye-opener being surrounded by forty thousand authors represented at that event!

To all the fellow nomads that U2U'd me, thanks for the responses! I really have to remember our little spats here and there on this forum are not indicative of the great people I have yet to meet.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-20-2019 at 07:48 AM

Another answer in the book JJJ... at the end of Juan's year with us we were forced to relocate and found a new home in Imperial Beach. We knew it would be tough having Juan with us in a town where the Border Patrol was so prevalent at the time and I was growing leary of employing him on my federal job sites.
Juan and I discussed his options and one was to go to Florida and join his community there or take the support of my wife and I and return home...which is what we hoped for upon seeing the families heartache at being separated (Juan's also).
It was Juan's choice JJJ. Although the heartache we had was relieved by the one he made it was his choice. Our son's trial drove us into bankruptcy but somehow we were blessed enough to maintain our five hundred dollar a month support we committed to. That was the amount Juan felt he would be sending home if he went to Florida and worked in a restaurant with his friends...that's why we committed to that amount.
It's all in the book.

I was going to leave this subject alone, but it seems you want to talk about it, so I'm game.

I'm still not impressed, and I don't think it was Juan's choice of going home. He lived with you, and no doubt he knew you and your wife didn't really want him around.

According to you, you employed Juan, and undocumented alien, on Federal jobs, and so you also exploited him, and you didn't pay him prevalent union wages at the time. You also feared that either you or Juan would get caught, which probably wasn't a big risk at the time.

I don't know why you would fear anything because rarely are the employers held responsible when they employee undocumented alien workers. If the FEDS or at the state level, targets the employers instead of the employees, there wouldn't be so many undocumented workers in this country.

So you also visit men in prison on weekends, and now you don't think you fit the image I had of you?

No my image of you hasn't changed, there are a lot of bible trumpers, that hang out in prisons, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters, to pray with and convert the so-called heathen, lost souls to their brand of religion.

The Spanish priests and other missionaries have been doing that for centuries, and rarely is it helping. Personally, I find it annoying, and if I was ever down and out, the last thing I would want to hear is someone preaching to me about Jesus, Allah, or other God, that supposedly lives in the sky heavens.

What matters to me is what's in your heart. I saw in another post by you Paranewbi, you implied support for Trump, putting children in cages, because the illegal aliens, as you call them were breaking the law!

Jesus, would not support putting children in cages regardless if their parents broke the law or not. ( Asylum seekers are not breaking the law when they come to the US and ask for asylum)

So Paranewbi, so we can be clear, let me here you denounce Trump's policy of separating children from their parents and then putting both children and Parents in separate disgusting cages.

Paranewbi, knowing that your son was falsely accused of a crime and locked up in prison for a number of years, and also knowing that your'e a big Trump, supporters.

Tell me Paranewbi, what's your position on the death penalty?

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2019 at 11:01 AM

The conjecture is your favorite ploy jjj.

You're sadly impressed with those conclusions and all born on an inability to read content through the fog of a mind that hates.

All of your false conjectures are shown to be weak by the evidence in writing, photos and news broadcast's that bare the truth of what I have experienced and my investment in helping those in need.

I only entertain a dialogue with you JJJ because I hear a cry of someone desperately trying to escape that which haunts you.

All of the answers to your questions are in my book. But you don't like the answers and because you enjoy hate and so you go.

[Edited on 7-20-2019 by paranewbi]

[Edited on 7-20-2019 by paranewbi]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 7-20-2019 at 11:30 AM

What a bunch of knuckleheads some of you are.

Mark Twain:“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Sky is up, water is wet. Go argue about that seeing apparently you have nothing better to do with your life.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2019 at 02:07 PM

Accepted Howard.
Guess I just don't understand the protesting of perceived hate and violence, with hate and violence.

The time will come when they will kill you thinking they are doing the right thing...

Historical and present
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 7-20-2019 at 03:26 PM

Unfortunately you are correct. Always has been and probably always will be.

I do have a serious question. When was the last time the U.S. didn't have some type of military action (not troops just stationed somewhere) in the world? I am not trying to stir the pot on if it was a good cause or not, just the last year we weren't involved in some type of sh-t. I assume it was in the 1950s but maybe not even then.

It's been a long, long time which proves your point about zealots thinking they are doing the correct thing.

My rant is done! :biggrin:

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.