Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Immigration Question about European visitors
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

puzzled.gif posted on 7-21-2019 at 09:28 AM
Immigration Question about European visitors

We have visitors from Europe who are from a Visa Waiver Country and will be carrying their Euro Passports and ESTA Visas for the US. They want to visit Baja for 48 hours. Does anyone have direct experience with guests who wish to re-enter the US at Otay pedestrian gate crossing?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 11:35 AM

ESTA or VWP is a program of the USA, Mexico is not a participant as far as I can tell. The visitors should proceed as they would normally, generally, to get a free 7 day FMM at the border crossing INM office.

[Edited on 7-21-2019 by gnukid]
Nikno
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 01:09 PM

No problem reentering US on the pedestrian crossing if they have passport and esta. I have done this with European friends and they were waved right through.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 05:30 PM

We took two families of Brits across a few years ago
Spend about 5 days touring,
Waved their UK passports at the line and the officer just glanced at them and waved us on with no comment
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 07:48 AM

A friend from Netherlands and I rolled south and north at S Isidro no problem. He had his passport and US visa.
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 03:28 PM
Immigration Question about European visitors

I went on-line and asked CBP the same question. They responded in a few hours and said the ESTA would get them a quick crossing.

[Edited on 7-28-2019 by The Gull]

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 08:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by The Gull  
I went on-line and asked CBP the same question. They responded in a few hours and said the ESTA would get them a quick crossing.

[Edited on 7-28-2019 by The Gull]

wow, The Gull
Now That's been awhile

The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2019 at 01:38 PM
Still kicking

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2019 at 01:41 PM

We didn't bother with 7 day visa at SY crossing. Waste of time. Ped xing at Otay took a casual look at Passports and ESTA. No questions asked.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.