Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: San Felipe robbery/arson
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2019 at 04:39 PM
San Felipe robbery/arson

A nice young lady we met in San Felipe had her house robbed and then burned down.

One of her cousins started a GoFundMe to help her recover -
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jenny-ferrando-rebuild?utm_m...

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2019 at 05:03 PM

Why is every other thread on here about some crime related event.

Does no one on here go to Baja, or live in Baja, to have fun and explore.

Post some stories and pics ppl. There is more to life than doom and gloom.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 7-26-2019 at 05:57 PM

Where abouts in San Felipe was this? In town or out?

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-26-2019 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Three2tango  
A nice young lady we met in San Felipe had her house robbed and then burned down.

One of her cousins started a GoFundMe to help her recover -
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jenny-ferrando-rebuild?utm_m...

Can you provide proof the events really happened? Perhaps a link to a news article on the events? Sorry, but I am suspicious of gofundmes sometimes being scams little different than telling faux yarns for panhandling. The gofundme site doesn’t even have a pic of the burned house,... pic of lady looks like stock photo,... just saying!

[Edited on 7-27-2019 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2019 at 11:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
here's an idea......why don't you two azzholes post this on the comment section on the gofundme site! :mad:

Why doesn't the op contribute more to the board?

236 post since 2009 and runs to the site for us to help someone who may or may not be in real distress. Think about that.

[Edited on 7-27-2019 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 07:37 AM

So who is this woman? On Facebook, a Baja Jenny, writes on "San Felipe Chatter," her ordeal of not only getting her San Felipe home getting burned down, but also losing a good friend during a hiking accident. And sadly, she says she had no insurance.

She says she has a clean up crew in San Felipe, so she doesn't need any help with the clean up.

The young white American young woman on "GoFundMe, photos, is also in the photo collect on Baja Jenny's site, so maybe they are related, like mother and daughter.

The only Jenny Ferrando, that I can find in northern California, that fits the bio, is a 56 year old Jenny Ferrando.

The young woman in the photos seems to be in her late 20's or early 30's, and if she owns the San Felipe, home, she must be doing real good for herself, to be able to own a vacation home at such a young age, when people young people who age, can't even afford a home in California, and either rents or lives with the parents.

So call me confused? Who's home was both robbed and burned down, the older Jenny or young Jenny, or whatever their names are?

What kind of depraved souls, would not only rob a home, but also burn it to the ground? I know Mexicans would do that, right?

On Baja Jenny's Facebook page where she talks about the fire?????

bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 08:36 AM

Joe, that picture isn't her. It's her friend Pam Gomez and the gentleman that passed away, Nick Gomez. If you look at all through Baja Jenny's facebook there are dozens of pictures of her that are the same face as that on the gofundme.

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 09:26 AM

So let me get this straight; some people actually do more than read a BN thread along with maybe mentally framing a few things in their head about the thread and then finalize a thought.
What some do is actually take on some kind of arbiter role in their head due to whatever past challenge that sparks this response and they in turn start researching a complete stranger and practically DOX the person.

I knew love is strange

WTF, and so is the Internet, sorry just a creepy realization.....
Carry on.

Es Todo Bueno
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 09:27 AM

The comments in here are about what I expected to see but I figured it can't hurt to post the link. She's a real person and very involved in the community. We didn't go to San Felipe this year but our RV group did. My wife reached out to Jenny and she gladly helped coordinate them bringing down pet food for the local shelter and a beach cleanup - https://www.facebook.com/ResortTuristicoSanFelipe/photos/a.2...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 09:47 AM

Here is what Baja Jenny wrote, and she had the older woman's face on her Facebook profile:

Hi everyone, I've been a little preoccupied and am just now catching up on the rest of the world.

You are all so lovely.

Note: this is going to be long, I'll try and post a summary later.

I want to let you know I'm fine but coming off of two shocks; first the destruction of everything I had in San Felipe, then I found out my friend Nick died in a hiking accident.(thus my profile picture) It was a very difficult start to the week.

I've been juggling paperwork, reports, logistics and wallowing in sadness.

I had been up north, in part, for a 2nd year memorial for another friend. So I wasn't really in the best head space to begin with.

I haven't been ready to socialize or talk about this in person. It seems like a lot of emotional energy that I don't have in me.

At this time I am still figuring things out, but the cleanup of my property is underway and not (currently) in need of assistance.

I am so honored by the number of people who have offered to lend a hand and a shovel. --maybe we can make Sandcastles when this is over--

It has taken me some time to figure out what I needed as each day I'm faced with new information, challenges and acts of kindness.

I knew living where I do that there could be challenges, but I didn't expect this. It's upsetting but something I'll eventually get over. That process will be so much easier knowing I have your love & support.
(It's really overwhelming/ awe inspiring to feel this force of love from around the world)

At this time I am focusing on my short term goals:

-clean up my land for future redevelopment
(Not sure when future is nor what I'll develop)
- get settled in interim housing (in process)
- replace daily use items
- prepare car & self for upcoming LEOS (Lions club) annual meeting.
(I'm not going to let this trauma take away the things we have been working towards)

I had already planned to be out of San Felipe mid August - mid September.

I'll take that time to figure out the next steps.
I have all my reports filed.
I have cleanup crew on the property.
I have an interim space of my own.
I'm making progress.
I think that answers most questions.

To answer a few others:

No, I did not have insurance. I had thought the worse that would happen would be theft. This is beyond my Imagination.

Yes, it was everything I had in San Felipe.

Everything went up except what I had in my small suitcase... The one time I travel light...

Yes, I can use donated items. I'm in the process of setting up a "donation station" and putting together a list of items and their priority in my life.
I don't have a lot of storage space so, while I appreciate everyone's generosity, I can only take in so much right now.

I will let you all know when this is finalized.
I'm still processing the loss of Nick, a much deeper sadness.
Because San Felipe is a small community the tragedies feel more pronounced.

There is still so much good (look at yourselves as examples)
I know (because of many of your kind words) that it's important to focus on good. That's hard at the moment, but
Right now I'm looking forward to celebrating the ejidos 51st birthday on Saturday

And seeing all your sun kisses faces in the near future.

Thank you all for reaching out to help and organizing this fundraiser for those outside of San Felipe who wish to support me in my time of need.
I've still got a lot on my plate so thank you for your understanding if I don't respond in a timely fashion.

I am truly grateful for all of you.

Also, please don't die or get maimed or have a heart attack for the next 6 months (minimum). That would really be the best gift to me. As an extra incentive Ill give you a jar of my homemade Santa Rosa Plum or Meyer Lemon jam if you succeed.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 02:56 PM

Does anyone have a truck who wants to take a load of stuff down from San Diego? I could tag along - share gas. Camp overnight and return? Or probably easier just to stay in a hotel in town. Collect stuff for a week or so - check her "needed items" list. I've got a lot to donate.
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 03:00 PM

What a bunch of Richards.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Does anyone have a truck who wants to take a load of stuff down from San Diego? I could tag along - share gas. Camp overnight and return? Or probably easier just to stay in a hotel in town. Collect stuff for a week or so - check her "needed items" list. I've got a lot to donate.

That's nice of you to offer help. I have a small (6' bed) truck with a shell that can carry a fair amount of items out of the wind/dust.

Do you know what else she needs in terms of household, clothing, etc.?

And- What's your timeline? San Felipe in August... ouch.
Not sure I am willing/able to endure the heat this time of year.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2019 at 03:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  

Its not that easy to do taking a truck of used furniture not belonging to you to Mexixo to donate, but I'm sure you know all the requirements and problems you might run into.

mscowpatty
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 11:52 AM

Baja Jenny BBQ & Ice Cream Social
Public · Hosted by Sweet Spot Bar & Grill

https://www.facebook.com/events/474691626683474/

Wednesday at 3 PM – 7 PM
Sweet Spot Bar & Grill
162 Malecon, 21850 San Felipe, Baja California

Details
Jenny lost EVERYTHING in the recent burglary & arson of her home in the ejido. Many in San Felipe have asked for a way to donate household items and/or funds to help re-establish her home. We are pleased to host a BBQ & Ice Cream Social on Wednesday, July 31st, from 3pm - 7pm so that friends / acquaintances can visit with Jenny and provide her with much needed assistance. Happy hour beer prices & home made ice cream specials will be available from 3pm to 7pm while supplies last.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 12:18 PM

All these replacement items people want to contribute to Jenny. I have a question.

Did Jenny already buy a new house in San Felipe, so she can put all these new used replacement items? Oh does she have a new rental already?

Did Jenny, actually own the home in San Felipe, that was alleged to be burned down to the ground and robbed, or was she just a renter?

Looking at the items lost in the alleged fire, it appears the bed was the only real furniture piece, there is no couch, tables, side tables, or the usual things you find inside a house. She is a young woman, so is this her full time house, or vacation home, since her other Facebook account lists an employer in Oakland Ca?

For the life of me especially since part of my business is in real estate, is why would anymore buy a house anywhere and not also have homeowner's insurance that would cover at least fires, and most likely also cover theft when home owners insurance is pretty cheap even in Mexico?

The cost for home insurance in Mexico depends on the value of the home and the place where it’s settled. If it’s on the mountain or near the lake, insurance will have a different rate because the risk is totally different. The average premium of home insurance for homeowners is 10,000 pesos ($500) yearly.

https://bestplacesintheworldtoretire.com/questions-and-answe...

[Edited on 7-28-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 12:49 PM

JoeJustJoe - My understanding is that she owned the house and bought with her life savings. She works in property management in San Felipe and has a temporary place to live. I'm guessing in retrospect wishes she had insurance but did not conceive of something like this happening.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 01:32 PM

Three2tango, I'm getting very suspicious, which is my nature anyway, and not necessarily at you, but at her.

You did put out the first post, that seemed to imply you recently just met her and she told you about her burned down house. But in your other post you said, you didn't go to San Felipe, this year, and from readings on facebook, Jenny came to San Felipe, in 2018.

You also said, your wife reached out to Jenny.

So the question is if you or your wife, actually met Jenny face to face, or was this coordinating over the internet and email between your wife and Jenny?

I did find another Jenny Ferrando, with a link to Sebastopol, one is a 56 year old lady with credit issues, and I find another Jenny Ferrando, 36, who lives or lived in an small apartment in Petauma. In Jennny Ferrando's Facebook page she worked in Oakland. She either has to be one or another or she may be a ghost.

Do you Three2tango know anything about Jenny?

I'm also having a hard time of such a young person going "all in" with their life savings for a property in the arm pit of Baja, in San Felipe, where the job prospects would suck compared to the bay area in California.

Three2tango wrote: A nice young lady we met in San Felipe had her house robbed and then burned down.

Three2Tango wrote: My wife reached out to Jenny and she gladly helped coordinate them bringing down pet food for the local shelter and a beach cleanup -

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 02:25 PM

Why is any of the above,any of your business? no one owes you an explanation ..............
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-28-2019 at 02:45 PM

Chuckie wrote:" no one owes you an explanation"

Exactly the reason why you won't get an explanation from me.

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.