Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: San Felipe robbery/arson
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 07:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
I like the direction hook is going with this!Next trip to Baja I would like to buy you a beer!

Ditto x 5!

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 07:23 PM

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 08:39 PM

Joe aint that bad.
The trump supporters are worse.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  

By the way Hook, do the Giants stand a chance?

The Giants SEEM like they have a chance because there are so many mediocre teams in the NL. The NL Central is Mediocre Central.

But it doesn't matter because all roads in the NL pass through L.A. The Dodgers are so much better than the rest of the NL.

Giants moves at the deadline were all about the future. Not really much about making the playoffs this year. What's the word on who will replace Bochy? I haven't heard anything.

Sure looks like the Dodgers and the Astros to me. Should be a good series.

Yankees just dont have the starting pitching. They have overachieved, especially with all their injuries. They are coming back to earth. But their lead is plenty big enough.

Boston hitters are finally bashing, but their pitching is so inconsistent, especially the bullpen.

Minnesota hits, but their pitching is inconsistent. I think they will be caught by the Indians, especially if Kluber returns. Indians are finally hitting more, but.........

Tampa Bay is the unknown element. They hit and then they slump. Their pitching is always a work in progress, outside of Morton. But they have, IMO, the best manager in baseball. He generally knows his pitchers, the way Bochy does. He gets the most out of his staff.

Nothing matters, really, in the AL, though. The Astros have a great lineup and three great starters. Who else has three great starters? No one. And then there's Wade Miley who has had his best season in maybe forever.

Their bullpen might be a little suspect, but they added Aaron Sanchez and Biagini. I think they are insurance in case Pressly and Peac-ck are out for a while.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:18 PM

It is getting less and less interesting to read this board with so much negative filth coming from one individual.

I am ready to quit as I assume many others have done so already.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 07:29 AM

For me, it's not so much the negativity as it is THE OUTRIGHT WRONG, INCORRECT MEXICO INFORMATION YOU GLEAN AND POST FROM SITES AS CLUELESS AS YOU ARE ABOUT MEXICO.

The site claiming 91% of "residents" are in the country illegal may be the cherry on top. Absolutely no indication how those figures were determined. And, by the way, it is in no way illegal to own property on an FMT or to apply for consecutive ones. Just ask any INM or Aduana agent.

Enough is enough. Many of us feel the same. It's him or us, Doug.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 08:15 AM

I do not think the drop off in posts can solely be correlated to one individual, rather it is the overall tenor of a number of posters. I have been insulted for expressing my views, and often a simple question or seemingly uninflammatory comment results in a barrage of criticism, general nastiness, and a seemingly endless exchange of hostility. Why would a first time or newer poster return only to be subject to rude and boorish behavior? This is not confined to the one poster a number of people are referring to. Pot calling the kettle black.

I think the solution is really fairly simple. Have board rules that prohibit personal insults and all posts with personal insults are deleted. If you don't like something someone posts and cannot refrain from insults move on. Make the Baja Nomad a solid informational source , restore civility and courtesy.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 08:26 AM

Nothing will change. The owner needs JJJ and David in order to keep the post count up. That is how he gets paid.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Joe aint that bad.
The trump supporters are worse.

2X - Face it - If you see a JJJ post you will open it and read it
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

What a self righteous SOB comment. Who the f*ck are you?

Is this forum the final word on anything? We don't all have to agree on what is right and correct, and what's not. Believe what you want posted here and Joe's entitled to post bogus crap whenever he wants.

And, it's clear that Joe is upsetting some f'ing snowflakes here evidenced by the emotional negative responses he receives.

Take this to heart. Joe loves to banter, joust, make provocative comments, analyze stories and get personal, blah blah blah.

Some here are in favor of censoring Joe. It hasn't happened yet. Joe doesn't (as far as I've read) name call and insult before being insulted.

Changes start with you. Skip Joe's rants, don't read them. I scan stuff, skip much, and happy with where this forum is. Looks like a lot of name calling followed by lots of useful information about Baja. I love it. Who f'ing cares about this shlt?

Joe belongs here and so does goat and Mr. Bill. If you don't like what they write, shut the f*ck up and move on. Respectfully.

Thank Lee so well said, and the kicker is that you Lee, do not always agree with me and you tell me so without getting insulting.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 11:39 AM

Sorry, Lee, I'm no snowflake. Just a guy who continues to live more months in Mexico than in the US each year. Been that way for 12 years and counting. Experience tells me that 91% figure is incorrect.

There is NO RULE that says you have to qualify financially to stay in Mexico over six months.

Many of us who travel to Mexico regularly know that JJJ posts copious amounts of false information about Mexico.

Yeah, I post a lot of negative stuff about Mexico. But it's all true, and it all has happened. There's a lot that's negative going on in Mexico. This is why alternatives to PRI have gotten elected in three out of the last four presidential elections. The average Mexican is fed up, too.

But The Clueless One can only spout theories from the internet. Never any valid info.

Enough is enough. Him or us. Or, I guess, him or the website. You cant have it both ways.

I'm ready to walk. The site now has so little value anyway, with his garbage. So many good posters, with REAL LIFE MEXICO EXPERIENCE, are gone.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 11:56 AM

Oops, I missed this one from Hook:

Hook wrote: "There is NO RULE that says you have to qualify financially to stay in Mexico over six months."

Who wants to correct Hook here? I would do it, but I don't want to be accused of picking on Hook.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Oops, I missed this one from Hook:

Hook wrote: "There is NO RULE that says you have to qualify financially to stay in Mexico over six months."

Who wants to correct Hook here? I would do it, but I don't want to be accused of picking on Hook.

Yeah, you're such a fine, civilized soul. You would never do something like that. It's your part and parcel. It's what you resort to, when your "facts" fail you.

Show me where it says that, Mr. Fake Facts. My experience is based on what several INM agents have told me. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they are. But when the Res Temps and the Res Perms came out, all you had to do was go through a multi-year process, from one to the other.

An OPTION was to qualify quicker through financial means. But it was not mandatory.

It's possible it's changed since it's inception. But I went through the Res Temp process without showing any financial records.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
For me, it's not so much the negativity as it is THE OUTRIGHT WRONG, INCORRECT MEXICO INFORMATION YOU GLEAN AND POST FROM SITES AS CLUELESS AS YOU ARE ABOUT MEXICO.

The site claiming 91% of "residents" are in the country illegal may be the cherry on top. Absolutely no indication how those figures were determined. And, by the way, it is in no way illegal to own property on an FMT or to apply for consecutive ones. Just ask any INM or Aduana agent.

Enough is enough. Many of us feel the same. It's him or us, Doug.

What a self righteous SOB comment. Who the f*ck are you?

Is this forum the final word on anything? We don't all have to agree on what is right and correct, and what's not. Believe what you want posted here and Joe's entitled to post bogus crap whenever he wants.

And, it's clear that Joe is upsetting some f'ing snowflakes here evidenced by the emotional negative responses he receives.

Take this to heart. Joe loves to banter, joust, make provocative comments, analyze stories and get personal, blah blah blah.

Some here are in favor of censoring Joe. It hasn't happened yet. Joe doesn't (as far as I've read) name call and insult before being insulted.

Changes start with you. Skip Joe's rants, don't read them. I scan stuff, skip much, and happy with where this forum is. Looks like a lot of name calling followed by lots of useful information about Baja. I love it. Who f'ing cares about this shlt?

Joe belongs here and so does goat and Mr. Bill. If you don't like what they write, shut the f*ck up and move on. Respectfully.

Ypur cute Lee, Are YOU the new Jefe. Fact of the matter is there is very little useful info here and a lot of history, posts regurgitated from 10 years ago, or just plain bloviating.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 03:43 PM

The elderly baja nomads are a bunch of girly man snowflakes!
Bunch of wimps can’t take a little teasing from joeknuckleheadjoe.
What’s a matter with the elderly these days? When did they become such wimps and whiners? Crikey! Y’all sound like whiny old DK!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2019 at 07:36 PM

Recent posts: Perfect example of how low can this place can go. How sad.
I used to come here to get up to date info on roads, new places and shoot the chite with other folks that love Baja/Mexico.
It has now become a hangout for angry, disgruntled people, whom frankly, I suspect if in the same room together would make attempts to be civil. Funny how the anonymity of the web can turn probably decent people into a holes who would be TOTALLY embarassed by their behavior if they did not have the abillty to be invisible.

Is it REALLY that hard to be civil?

Insults do not change minds. Healthy debate can. If you don't like something give an idea how to make it better, otherwise you are the problem.

Hope someone can reinvent what goes on here and make it the "place to go" to get info.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 8-4-2019 at 05:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
This is the way a discussion board ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Wake up, Doug. Look at the precipitous drop off in posts. The "recent post" page is less than one page, by default, when it used to be multiple pages. It's been this way for weeks on end.

You are hemorrhaging posters. And the reason why is even simpler than A-B-C. It's J-J-J. Even other liberals are turning on him. How can they not?

Why let him destroy YOUR board, the way he tried with others, before he was booted from those boards, too? The board is more important than any one poster who NEVER HAS ANYTHING LEGITIMATE TO ADD ABOUT MEXICO.

David K's "retrospective series" can only float it for so long. So few are posting new information.

Enough is enough. End this. Do it for the board's sake.

+1
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2019 at 08:19 PM

Such a waste.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 07:33 AM

If anybody else has self righteous posts or one-liners directed against unknown persons they don't name? Do so now.

I would like to finish up this thread because I have been getting new information from other sources about this alleged house fire started by vindictive Mexican thieves who then burned down the house out for fun or spite.

We are hearing on this forum, and elsewhere, that it wasn't a house, but was a trailer, or 5th wheel such as this that you can pick up used for a few thousand dollars.

This 5th wheel is on sale for $13,000 dollars, and $350 space rent in fTodos Santos Bay, and it looks like a cheap way to live in Baja.

https://bajacalifornia.global-free-classified-ads.com/listin...

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-6-2019 at 09:35 PM

A little off topic and I don't want to step on any toes here and will delete if need be but HUH??? You don't assign your own status do you?

JOJO BANNED.png - 30kB

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.