Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: 91% of Americans living in Mexico are Illegal
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 09:57 AM
91% of Americans living in Mexico are Illegal

Interesting, if true, that 91% of Americans living in Mexico are illegal aliens!

I know there are many here that believe everything they read on the internet so this must be true.

Keep in mind, I copied this from Greengoes, aka Peter Geller, on Facebook, and a person I would like to see his papers.

All I know for sure, there are many illegal alien Americans in Mexico.

Here's a twist: 91% of Americans living in Mexico are "Illegal"

When most people hear the words "undocumented immigrants" they think Mexicans right?

But did you know that there are a lot of Americans living illegally in Mexico? Yeah, I didn’t think so. The way Fox News and Trump talk, you'd think that was something only those "drug dealing rapists" from south of the border did. Not so.

The U.S. State Department confirms that almost a million Americans are living illegally in Mexico.

According to a study by the National Institute of Geography and Statistics, around 739,168 thousand American citizens lived in Mexico in 2015 and, according to the National Institute of Immigration, of those only 65,302 were legal residents.

That means that 91.2 percent of estadounidenses living in Mexico in 2015 were there “illegally”.

And that number has risen. More recent statistics from the State Department report that almost a million Americans are currently residing in Mexico and, of those, 934,698 are there illegally. That's an almost 40% increase in just two years.

While Trump’s administration constantly tweets about "illegals," they've conveniently failed to mention the reverse statistics.

The horde of "terrorists" and "criminal aliens" that Trump tweets about, murdering, stealing American jobs, and raping white women, are actually just regular, hard-working people trying to live their lives.

Of the roughly 11,328 people Trump has deported back to Mexico only 723 were deported on serious criminal charges.

Unlike the U.S. however, Mexico does not deport Americans. In contrast, the Mexican government remains much more flexible and understanding towards the growing population of undocumented immigrants from the United States.

That's a phrase I bet you never thought you'd read.

https://www.wearelatinlive.com/article/4487/heres-a-twist-91...

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:30 AM

I don't believe those statistics at all. The term "illegal" as used is not qualified vis a vis Mexican requirements. Very likely these residents are getting visas every 6 months (as my friend did who lived in Chiapas for 3 years in a house he purchased, and grew organic vegetables he sold to restaurants). Of course Mexico does not deport Americans with social security and pension checks arriving monthly. And I doubt many are looking for work, or have drug cartel affiliations.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:34 AM

"739,168 thousand American citizens lived in Mexico in 2015 and, according to the National Institute of Immigration, of those only 65,302 were legal residents."

not 65,302, it's 65,303 I know someone they didn't ask.

Where do they get these numbers from?

[Edited on 8-2-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
I don't believe those statistics at all. The term "illegal" as used is not qualified vis a vis Mexican requirements. Very likely these residents are getting visas every 6 months (as my friend did who lived in Chiapas for 3 years in a house he purchased, and grew organic vegetables he sold to restaurants). Of course Mexico does not deport Americans with social security and pension checks arriving monthly. And I doubt many are looking for work, or have drug cartel affiliations.

If the Americans, are running to the border and getting a new FMM every six months, that's abusing/gaming the system, and it's not legal.

Wilderone, this statement you made smacks of " "American white privilege," Of course Mexico does not deport Americans with social security and pension checks arriving monthly."

I agree Mexico, wants foreigners with their Social Security and pension checks, because with both checks they make the financial requirements to live in Mexico, however, if those same Americans, only have a social security check, chances are they don't qualify to live in Mexico as an legal ex-pat, and Mexico does not want them.

But Mexico, is not knocking on doors, and making raids to deport illegal American aliens, although they were offering asylum a while back, and they have stepped up efforts to check IDs in Baja.

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Very likely these residents are getting visas every 6 months (as my friend did who lived in Chiapas for 3 years in a house he purchased, and grew organic vegetables he sold to restaurants).

Thank you for proving the point.
The (max) 6 months visa is intended for visitors, tourists.
Your friend is running a business.
Doing so on a FFM is illegal.

I don't even dare to ask whether he paid taxes on his veggie sales.

Harald Pietschmann
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 12:07 PM

Here we go again! What are we talking about this time? North Americans? Central Americans? South Americans?

Or.....Are you referring to people from the United States?

:lol::lol::lol:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 12:14 PM

LOL
Mexico only needs to enforce its laws...

The biggest difference is that these illegal Americans (from the United States) are driving freely into Mexico and not sneaking in across the desert or through a tunnel, or over the wall!

There is a difference...

Mexicali/Calexico border, July 2015.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Here we go again! What are we talking about this time? North Americans? Central Americans? South Americans?

Or.....Are you referring to people from the United States?

:lol::lol::lol:

We are only talking about Americans, from the United States, living in Mexico illegally.

I suppose one could also talk about Canadians, living in Mexico illegally too, but I doubt their numbers are that high, nor does Canada, have a racist President, taking aim at Mexicans and Centrals Americans like the US does.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
LOL
Mexico only needs to enforce its laws...

The biggest difference is that these illegal Americans (from the United States) are driving freely into Mexico and not sneaking in across the desert or through a tunnel, or over the wall!

There is a difference...

No David, if those Americans are driving freely into Mexico, they are either not stopping and getting their FMM tourist card, or they are getting their FMM card, and then overstaying their FMM tourist card visit, which is illegal in Mexico.

BTW this is how most Mexicans come to the US with a visa by airplane, and they just over stay their visa.

So why is it OK for Americans to overstay their visas, and not Mexicans in the US?

David K. do you really have to put up "Fox News" racist type images of Mexicans jumping the fence?

Like I said, most Latinos, coming over the border, do it legally, and then they just overstay their visas.

This is why the great big beautiful wall will not help, especially if they if the US is trying to stop drug trafficking with a wall.

Now back to the thread topic, American illegal Aliens, in Mexico.

[Edited on 8-2-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 03:41 PM

How is it racist... they are people trespassing, their race has NOTHING to do with anything here?
The photo is from MY camera!
Like Fox, I report, you decide! LOL

I agree with your comments that Americans should stop and get the FMM or have their still-valid 180-day FMM. I think it is pretty sad that those who wish to live in Mexico (part-time or full time) do not get the correct visa and continue to simply renew the tourist card. If you keep property in Mexico and/ or go back to another property in the United States, over and over, you are not a tourist.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 05:16 PM

im guessing the other 9% are nomads!:P
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 05:18 PM

The biggest "difference" in most of these cases is pretty clear: various degrees of privilege.

Travelers with nice clothes, a newer car or truck, professional status and education, good language skills, higher levels of socio-economic resources, lighter skin/eyes/hair etc. can cross the border with much less scrutiny and stay much longer without being arrested/deported- in both countries- whether or not they have the right documents.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  
The biggest "difference" in most of these cases is pretty clear: various degrees of privilege.

Travelers with nice clothes, a newer car or truck, professional status and education, good language skills, higher levels of socio-economic resources, lighter skin/eyes/hair etc. can cross the border with much less scrutiny and stay much longer without being arrested/deported- in both countries- whether or not they have the right documents.

You suggest gringos in baja have nice clothes and good language skills, neither is true.
Most nomads wear cargo shorts, flip flops, t-shirt and truckers hat, and can’t speak basic Spanish. They get by by yelling English, Spanglish and a 50-word Spanish vocabulary. :lol::lol:

Maybe a few have professional status and education. You are right that most have lighter hair, specifically gray and bald. :lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 05:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

That's the whole point of education, isn't it?

Sophistication.

Is the time coming when the illegal American in Mexico will be hunted down as the illegal Mexican in the US now is?

Maybe.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 05:40 PM

How is it racist... they are people trespassing, their race has NOTHING to do with anything here?

I don’t think he meant racist. He probably meant to say classist, and a little bit racist.

You lose credibility when you bring up Fox, that network is the racist network, does not support your argument that you are not a racist (or classist),

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 06:02 PM

Pretty pointless thread. Who cares. Not the Mexican government or the Mexican ppl.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Pretty pointless thread. Who cares. Not the Mexican government or the Mexican ppl.

Just bring your dollars :biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 07:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I don’t think he meant racist. He probably meant to say classist, and a little bit racist.

You lose credibility when you bring up Fox, that network is the racist network, does not support your argument that you are not a racist (or classist),

No I meant racist, because "Fox news" will use several inflammatory graphics of Mexicans climbing the fence, and David K. will do the same thing on "Baja Nomad."

Fox news, does it to probably whip up the base. I don't know why David K. does it.

[Edited on 8-3-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 08:34 PM

Of the 91% of illegal gringos, what percentage are on welfare or other type of public dole?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-2-2019 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Of the 91% of illegal gringos, what percentage are on welfare or other type of public dole?

99% are on the dole: medicare and social security.

Woke!

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.