Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: 91% of Americans living in Mexico are Illegal
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 03:30 PM
Well said!

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
David this is a worthless thread. Let the Baja blow hards. That don't have a life knock them self's out.:bounce:

You cannot reason with them
They just duck and dodge and change the point
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

OK, what's your point? I won't duck or dodge.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 03:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
More Baja here please!
Stop crying over the election... Almost three years later you still can't accept it.
More Baja here please!

DK -- did you cry for 8 years with Obama in office? Moscow Mitch sure did.

You have a choice, when goat defames President Bone Spurs, to not respond to his insults, or you can pile it on with your nonsense.

When you write that women have no right to make decisions about their bodies, to their reproductive system, but the government/church should take that right away, then you are part of the problem.

That's when you become The Enemy of The People.

So, try to control yourself on this forum. You don't really need to respond to everything posted, especially when your posts are part of the problem in this country.

Besides, your political posts come across like a broken record. MX needs to respect the US Rule of Law. Oh boo hoo. MX needs to get in line and take a number like those who came before. Here we go.

2.5 years and the border is still broken. Accept no responsibility for that. Blame the Democrats. Sad.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:03 PM

LOL
Mexico only needs to enforce its laws...

The biggest difference is that these illegal Americans (from the United States) are driving freely into Mexico and not sneaking in across the desert or through a tunnel, or over the wall!

There is a difference...

Mexicali/Calexico border, July 2015.

It’s fine if you feel the need to hijack and side track Baja and Mexico discussions but please have the spine to stand by your statements.
Folks can read or disregard anyone’s posts but when you play that passive aggressive political crap and then play the victim it’s bound to draw criticism.
That peace love and tacos crap every time you give up is getting old.

Now back on track,
Is it legal to live in Mexico on a tourist visa ?
Thanks Lionel :cool
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:20 PM

Wasn't that answered long ago?
If you are living in Mexico you are a resident.
Tourists are people on a vacation. Tourists don't go to their home on a vacation, they go to a hotel, a rental, a camping spot, etc. and they don't move their furniture to Mexico... That is what residents do (part-time or full time).

It is up to Mexico to enforce its laws on what kind of visa or paperwork is required of part-time residents. I just think going back to the border to get a new tourist card every 180 days is just is so obviously not the paperwork Mexico has in mind for people who buy homes in Mexico and live there part of the year.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
David this is a worthless thread. Let the Baja blow hards. That don't have a life knock them self's out.:bounce:

apparently you have confused Davids posts with others who reply - then David can't come up with a legit response, so he changes the topic - go back and look at this thread - and tell me whos changing ther topics here?
BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:30 PM

I was referring to some posters reporting the continual “ re up “ of 180 day visas. I guess tourist visa should be self explanatory.
I’m sure plenty of illegals in Mexico are taking that route because they wouldn’t be able to live there legally
Lionel :cool:
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:33 PM

Tourists are people on a vacation. Tourists don't go to their home on a vacation, they go to a hotel, a rental, a camping spot, etc. and they don't move their furniture to Mexico... That is what residents do (part-time or full time).

It is up to Mexico to enforce its laws on what kind of visa or paperwork is required of part-time residents. I just think going back to the border to get a new tourist card every 180 days is just is so obviously not the paperwork Mexico has in mind for people who buy homes in Mexico and live there part of the year.

so lets see if I get this right David, Ok for USA citizens to live illegally in Mexico, itsd the governments responsibility to catch them,

and so I assume you apply the same standard to Mexican immigrants - right? They have every right to be here till they get caught by the government? is that what you are saying?

BajaRat
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:35 PM

91 percent seems awfully high
Like carpet showers, I don’t think that’s right
Lionel :cool:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

so lets see if I get this right David, Ok for USA citizens to live illegally in Mexico, itsd the governments responsibility to catch them,

and so I assume you apply the same standard to Mexican immigrants - right? They have every right to be here till they get caught by the government? is that what you are saying?

I don't know what you are on, but you need to stop adding your notions to what I type here. Nowhere did I say it is only Mexico's responsibility.... I think I was very clear that I think going back to the border for 180-day tourist cards is pretty wrong for residents in Mexico to be doing.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 05:45 PM

Nowhere did I say it is only Mexico's responsibility....

It is up to Mexico to enforce its laws on what kind of visa or paperwork is required of part-time residents.

[Edited on 8-11-2019 by SFandH]

[Edited on 8-11-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 06:37 PM

Wow...
Again, here is what I have said. Never said "only".
1) It is Mexico's law to enforce.
And
2) Part time residents should have the correct visa to keep property in Mexico when they go back north.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 06:40 PM

Uh Oh - David,
It's spreading. Other people are also holding you accountable for your posts.

That seems a bit unfair - right?

and by ther way - nice try - attempting to put words into my mouth - you wrote
"Nowhere did I say it is only Mexico's responsibility."
I didn't say that either David! look it up - it's only a couple of posts above, it can't be that hard!

As you implore others - why not actually read what i write, instead of trying to warp my post into some sort of strawman that you think you can attack!

accountability David - You write it, you own it. Be a man - stand up for the words you wrote, instead of cowering behind all sorts of bogus "no I didn't say that" nonsense. You as a self styled professional author should be especially aware of the power of words, and the concomitant responsibilities of being accountable for your words!

[Edited on 8-11-2019 by caj13]
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 03:45 PM

Tourists don't go to their home on a vacation...

They do if they have a vacation home:?: I think there is no set time for a vacation.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 06:44 PM

I am not aware of residency requirements. Is there such thing as 'part time'
residents of mexico vs full time? I am not aware of any requirement that staying over 6 months a year is prohibited without becoming a resident.

Where is it written one can't own property in Mexico without being a resident? Then live there part time as a 'visitor'?

I do like their requirement to demonstrate fiscal responsibility in order to become a resident. I wish the USA did that. No more immigration without first demonstrating financial security.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
8-11-2019 at 10:31 PM
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.