Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rent Roger's Place
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 04:32 PM
Rent Roger's Place

While searching for homes to rent in Baja I came across this place, Roger's former home with co-pilot. As most on this site I miss Roger's words of wisdom and adventures. He made us enjoy Baja with his stories like we were there. Now we have Goat and JJJ to entertain us. I do not know who owns the place now but its on my short list to visit next year. Remember these pics. I can just imagine backing up my Cabo216 into the bay from Roger's house after visually dreaming about it years ago.

Hope your doing well Roger cuz your Baja legacy lives on.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p218278vb?adultsCou...
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 08:25 PM

I have it for part of Oct. I will let you know how it goes....

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 08:49 PM

Is the mean drunk trust fund baby still traveling in his Winnebago with a gold digger on the co-pilots seat?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2019 at 06:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Is the mean drunk trust fund baby still traveling in his Winnebago with a gold digger on the co-pilots seat?

To answer your mean inquiry we ask you, have you ever met the man? How did you make these assumptions?

FYI: He is not a mean ,drunk, trust fund baby. He is not traveling around in a Winnebago. Every co-pilot I have ever met, and I met quite a few, were not gold digging. They merely enjoyed the company, ambience and adventure Pompano provided back in the day when Baja was an adventure.

Those days are mostly gone as is Pompano from this board. He no longer travels to Baja and thus has no need to participate here. But he did contribute positively to this board when he did live in Baja. That positive contribution was appreciated by many of us.

Thanks.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2019 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

To answer your mean inquiry we ask you, have you ever met the man? How did you make these assumptions?

FYI: He is not a mean ,drunk, trust fund baby. He is not traveling around in a Winnebago. Every co-pilot I have ever met, and I met quite a few, were not gold digging. They merely enjoyed the company, ambience and adventure Pompano provided back in the day when Baja was an adventure.

Those days are mostly gone as is Pompano from this board. He no longer travels to Baja and thus has no need to participate here. But he did contribute positively to this board when he did live in Baja. That positive contribution was appreciated by many of us.

Thanks.

Well said DJ.
Funny how easy it is to read between the lines on punk a$$ goats post. The goat is just seething with envy.

[Edited on 8-6-2019 by chippy]
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2019 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

Thanks.

Thank you for the excellent response.
Goat's comments about my friend were not appreciated.
Only best wishes to Roger as he navigates the ages.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2019 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
I have it for part of Oct. I will let you know how it goes....

Lucky you! I think the north end of Coyote Bay, where the house is, is the best area on Bahia Concepcion. It's somewhat protected from the winter north wind, close to Coyote island, and there are often whale sharks right in front or a bit to the south.

Pretty place.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-6-2019 at 09:03 AM

Pompano mean??? Roger is the furthest thing from mean...he is a very kind, generous, fun loving gentleman who has had the pleasure of having pretty cool copilots!

His old house is the bomb!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2019 at 12:08 AM

He entertained us for YEARS with his amazing adventures. He had us all traveling right along with him and wishing we were he!

He went out of his way once to go to Mom's house and bring me quite a load she had for my scholarship students. I will always appreciate that. I remember he posted the the view was awesome from her house - and it indeed is!

Wherever you are, we all hope you are well, Roger!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2019 at 01:33 PM
Roger

this has been several yrs ago, I was going to rent his place for a month

if I remember he was going to Panama, we talked for awhile on the phone
and made plans on the terms etc

then a few days later he phoned and said that he has sold the place to a very
wealthy guy, I think out of Calif, I can't remember his name
he said the gent will not be taken possession of his place for awhile
and suggested that he go ahead a rent it out to me
thats when every thing changed,,, Roger would be staying on the property in his motor home and also wanted a security deposit which was quit high
I backed out, it seemed to me that all I was doing at the time was renting out a room.
I also am like every one here on Nomads, I loved his travel story's
he was very gifted in his writing and humor, and his Co-Pilots WOW
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2019 at 02:49 PM

Pompano's posts were always interesting and fun to read. Really wish there was someone here to fill that void. He definitely had a hell of a great run in Baja. If only we could be so fortunate to live life like he does.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-8-2019 at 08:50 PM

Met him only once. In a bar. Observing him from across the bar, he appeared to be a very loud, belligerent drunk. Yes, his stories may have been entertaining, and his co-pilots May have had big boobs and skimpy coverings, but inperson, he appeared to be mean and rude. Just saying....

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-9-2019 at 08:33 AM

Met him only once. In a bar. Observing him from across the bar, he appeared to be a very loud, belligerent drunk. Yes, his stories may have been entertaining, and his co-pilots May have had big boobs and skimpy coverings, but inperson, he appeared to be mean and rude. Just saying....

So, you will size up someone without even having the courtesy to walk over and introduce yourself? It is sad to base an entire life on a few moments of maybe an abnormal moment of his life.

There is a Nomad who claims the same of me.. never bothered to introduce himself as a fellow Nomad but thinks I am something similar based on a few minutes at Mark & Olivia's bar. I can tell you, my wife would not stand for me to act that way and she was with me there. I guess I bragged that I was a friend of Doug's... my bad. I have never met Roger but we have talked on the phone plus many emails. I think he is a good person and his generosity and sharing his Baja trips here proved it. Goat, just where have you posted your Baja trip photos???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.