BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Does anyone recognize this beach?
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 09:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
caj13, You apparently missed this post by SF&H, who teased DK a bit!
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Yup, the above photo shows precisely the level of the sea. :lol:

Then David teased back with the palm tree quip, ending with lol (laugh out loud).

Are you going to follow David from thread to thread looking for something to pounce on? I don't like everything David posts, but I choose to groan and ignore some of them, rather than turn another thread into an off topic debate! The JJJ school of journalism has moved somewhere else!

DK, you don't need to reply to every post either

[Edited on 8-11-2019 by AKgringo]

Go back and review, 2 posts with escalating content by David, including the idiotic - observation, not measurement nonsense.

sorry if i hold people accountable for their posts, including myself.
and I do admit I was wrong about one thing, I thought it would be David who tried to blame me, I was obviously wrong there!
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 08:26 AM

People who feel the need to hold others accountable (consider themselves God?) - are almost always the ones who eventually get caught with their pants down. Good luck, caj13. We'll chuckle when we see the perp walk...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 08:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nikno  
Based on satellite imagery the beach at

29°14'26.7"N 114°50'05.3"W

makes most sense to me. David K's second pic shows a fishing camp which is visible on satellite. I think the original photo might be mislabeled. The coordinates that JZ posted and the map Harald posted are of "El Guatamote" but this one is a few bays further north.

David K, any geo tags/gps coordinates embedded in your original pic?

Good morning!
The GPS waypoint you posted is Bahía Córbin, 5.6 road miles south of Faro San José (small island just offshore). I camped there on my last trip along that coast (Apr. 2017):

'Playa el Cuchillo' is painted on this container at Córbin.

The beach shown in the first photos (the ones in discussion) is south of Córbin. I photographed it the next day.

I think this is where the photos in question were taken: 29° 12.768'N, 114° 48.143'W

There is another place almost identical just south. I thought maybe that was what Harald's map was showing? [Edit: Harald does have the correct place mapped, where the photos were taken.]

Here are places mentioned and Nikno's GPS point. The Photo spot does not have a name on the Almanac. >>>

[Edited on 8-11-2019 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 08:45 AM

After seeing the link Harald posted to the Inegi map, yes his close up map is correct, it is the place the maps labels as El Guatamote. Interestingly, the Inegi map calls the point at Bahía Córbin "Punta el Cuchillo" the name painted on the container there. Just Playa (beach) instead of Punta.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Nikno
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 10:15 AM

Thank you for the detailed map David K and thank you to the other Nomads who helped.

I'm looking forward to exploring that part of the coast this fall and will post some new pictures when I'm back!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nikno  
Thank you for the detailed map David K and thank you to the other Nomads who helped.

I'm looking forward to exploring that part of the coast this fall and will post some new pictures when I'm back!

Great! I invite you to print out the pages of my guide shared on Nomad (Part 3) that include the 7 Sisters roads and see if you find the conditions similar.
Thank you!
PS You can also u2u me for that part in a pdf.
The guide is designed to be continually updated with your feedback.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.