Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Requirements when traveling back/forth often
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-10-2019 at 09:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Living on the mainland and having driven across the border in Nogales several times, as well as having driven across the border in Baja a few times, I have found that the INM border officials in Baja are not fully conversant with immigration law, which is federal. So yes, they are "making it up".
Nor are the Baja customs officials informed. City".

I think you are full of chit.
The Mexican customs people at TJ and Otay know their chit. You mistake your infrequent interaction with low-level agents at the border as infusing you with “knowledge” of the border — you say you crossed Nogales or Baja border “a few times,” and now you (and other nomads) are experts. The amount of trade between socal and TJ is immense. The TJ/SY border xing is one of the busiest in the world. The DF guys AND local guys got a system, they know their laws, they got objectives/plan, and are probably doing OK at meeting objectives/plan — and they are making the border work for them — not for you. Your myopic misperceptions are based on occasional jaunts across the border to get cheap dental work.
The anecdotes of a few car-camping tourists or gringo pensioners getting or not getting FMMs are meaningless. Your occasional small-scale tourism visits pale in comparison to the daily cross border trade and regular commuting across border (workers, business people, students, shoppers).

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-10-2019 at 10:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Living on the mainland and having driven across the border in Nogales several times, as well as having driven across the border in Baja a few times, I have found that the INM border officials in Baja are not fully conversant with immigration law, which is federal. So yes, they are "making it up".

The Mexican customs people at TJ and Otay know their chit. You mistake your infrequent interaction with low-level agents at the border as infusing you with “knowledge” of the border — you say you crossed Nogales or Baja border “a few times,” and now you (and other nomads) are experts. The amount of trade between socal and TJ is immense. The TJ/SY border xing is one of the busiest in the world. The DF guys AND local guys got a system, they know their laws, they got objectives/plan, and are probably doing OK at meeting objectives/plan — and they are making the border work for them — not for you. Your myopic misperceptions are based on occasional jaunts across the border to get cheap dental work.
The anecdotes of a few car-camping tourists or gringo pensioners getting or not getting FMMs are meaningless. Your occasional small-scale tourism visits pale in comparison to the daily cross border trade and regular commuting across border (workers, business people, students, shoppers).

Presumptuous much? I've been living on the mainland for 20 years, I'm not a tourist who comes to get my teeth fixed on the cheap, nor a pensioner. I run a business and pay taxes in Mexico, drive a Mexican-plated car and speak Spanish. And am a lot more informed about INM and customs regulations than you, apparently.
And your reading comprehension skills are sadly lacking. I clearly said I was a permanent resident. And my "occasional jaunts" across the border were from Mexico, where I live, to Canada for short visits, not from the US into Mexico for a short visit.
Idjit.

[Edited on 10-11-2019 by surabi]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2019 at 03:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Presumptuous much? I've been living on the mainland for 20 years, I'm not a tourist who comes to get my teeth fixed on the cheap, nor a pensioner. I run a business and pay taxes in Mexico, drive a Mexican-plated car and speak Spanish. And am a lot more informed about INM and customs regulations than you, apparently.
And your reading comprehension skills are sadly lacking. I clearly said I was a permanent resident. And my "occasional jaunts" across the border were from Mexico, where I live, to Canada for short visits, not from the US into Mexico for a short visit.
Idjit.

[Edited on 10-11-2019 by surabi]

Don't bother surabi...the goatman doesn't observe what it is before he chews on it...that's just what goats do.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.