BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Corrupt govt and real estate in baja!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-20-2019 at 06:57 PM

Punta Banda was a nature reserve? Who knew???
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-20-2019 at 08:17 PM
You seem a bit confused

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

"Nature reserve" was rather incidental to the original posts, which dealt with "Government Corruption" and land sold with no apparent regard to real ownership (we call that 'title' in the trade)

your question>>>Please give us an example where this happened in Mexico in the past. I can't recall one.

And my answer, Punta Banda, a classic example of where someone, obviously with some serious government backing, was able to circumvent title, deeds, ownership, etc. and cost a lot of people a lot of money.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2019 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I think it's a current, newsworthy item, not trolling at all. Especially because the corrupt politician is in jail. That's progress!

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/ex-cabinet-secretary-robles...

x2.
Keeping one's head in sand definitely helps staying positive :). Not sure that such a, er... position is what this BN forum has been about. At some times there is more of this, though.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2019 at 11:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

"Nature reserve" was rather incidental to the original posts, which dealt with "Government Corruption" and land sold with no apparent regard to real ownership (we call that 'title' in the trade)

your question>>>Please give us an example where this happened in Mexico in the past. I can't recall one.

And my answer, Punta Banda, a classic example of where someone, obviously with some serious government backing, was able to circumvent title, deeds, ownership, etc. and cost a lot of people a lot of money.

Yeah, I'm sure the Goat was completely uninterested in the nature reserve aspect of the story....... :rolleyes:

Do you REALLY think that someone who has been on this board for so long and with so many posts as I, dismissed the idea of a corrupted land sale in Mexico? Of course they happen.

You implied that the custodians of the nature reserve land could have turned around and sold it. You implied that was the biggest issue in this story.

I asked for a previous example where a nature custodian in Mexico turned around and sold the land they were supposed to protect.

Still waiting on that.........
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 07:18 AM

Granting land title at a low cost is not necessarily "corruption". Mexico has a process that allows a citizen to "homestead" on "bald land" where no one has established ownership and acquire title to the land from the government at little or no cost. I knew a Mexican guy that got some land in Tijuana that way for free and built a house on it. This process dates back to the Mexican revolution when the big haciendas were seized by the revolutionary government and redistributed to the landless people of Mexico. The question here is if someone already had title to the land in question. There seems to be some dispute about that. I wonder how much land in Baja is still Government-owned.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
it bit long - but here is the real story
no Trump Fiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2luYfDROR9Q&fbclid=IwAR1...

Interesting, but I wish he'd have spent a little money to have someone narrate it.

[Edited on 8-22-2019 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 07:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lobsterman  
What does this have to do with BN's philosophy of tacos,....... This is just another attempt by goat to stir the pot on BN with negative stories that having nothing to do with BNers. Who really gives a chit! You are a foreigner in Mexico who is not allowed to engage in political rebel rousing or you will be expelled.

With Joe gone goat must be looking to take his place with negative posts whose purpose is to get us to argue amongst ourselves.

[Edited on 8-20-2019 by Lobsterman]

This topic is appropriate for the board.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 09:21 AM

BEARS EARS!
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by Lobsterman  
What does this have to do with BN's philosophy of tacos,....... This is just another attempt by goat to stir the pot on BN with negative stories that having nothing to do with BNers. Who really gives a chit! You are a foreigner in Mexico who is not allowed to engage in political rebel rousing or you will be expelled.

With Joe gone goat must be looking to take his place with negative posts whose purpose is to get us to argue amongst ourselves.

[Edited on 8-20-2019 by Lobsterman]

This topic is appropriate for the board.

ditto 2x
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 11:40 AM

Without a clear federal title you are on borrowed time
Do your homework
Lionel :cool:
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 11:46 AM

Your Municipal seat has copies of those documents if the parcel is federally titled and who it is tilted to
Great article and YouTube video, thanks for that
Lionel :cool:
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
BEARS EARS!

Not in Mexico. Never administered by an environmental organization.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 07:56 PM
Still trying to take us off on a tangent, I see

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
BEARS EARS!

Not in Mexico. Never administered by an environmental organization.

You must have been frightened by an "environmental organization" at some time in the past,
It seems to be an obsession...
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2019 at 09:25 AM

I'm more frightened by people who are unaware of what they actually wrote and defend it incorrectly.

No, I generally support environmental organizations. Always have. That's why I demanded proof of an environmental organization in Mexico selling property that was given over to their custody.

Sometimes they can be guilty of excesses, but corporations "Trump" them on that.

Speaking of Bears Ears, I spent some time there just before it was declared a national monument. It's fairly nice area, if you ignore all the damage that grazing cattle has done in the nicest, shaded areas.

But when it was declared a new national monument, I went, "yer kidding, right?" It just doesnt seem to merit that distinction when I compare it to so many other national monuments. Even large sections of Grand Staircase are kind of "meh", IMO.

But I really dont want to see these areas opened up to mining. That's probably the biggest motivation for the forces behind Trump.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2019 at 03:30 PM
One more attempt to clarify

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Yeah, I'm sure the Goat was completely uninterested in the nature reserve aspect of the story....... :rolleyes:

Do you REALLY think that someone who has been on this board for so long and with so many posts as I, dismissed the idea of a corrupted land sale in Mexico? Of course they happen.

You implied that the custodians of the nature reserve land could have turned around and sold it. You implied that was the biggest issue in this story.

I asked for a previous example where a nature custodian in Mexico turned around and sold the land they were supposed to protect.

Still waiting on that.........

In the interest of peace and grace.....
My sentence "The scary part is that a "Nature reserve" supposedly owned by an environmental group can be re-sold to a private party, who can then turn around and re-sell to yet another party." Was not intended to have any implication nor reference to the ownership by any specific entitiy

It could just have easily said "...supposedly owned by a dairy farm" or whatever.

I was trying to focus on the lack of integrity in Mexican chain of title, not hone in on any particular group.

Interestingly, were that same situation happening in the US there is little doubt that an environmental group would have put land use restrictions into the actual deed. These restrictions "run with the land" as we say in the business. I have been burned more than once by poor reading of deed restrictions, which resulted in some rather hairy negotiations to get them changed (which can only be done by the one who placed them originally)

I used Punta Banda as an example of a place that the title to the properties was clearly "clouded" and a good title company and a careful reading of the deeds might have avoided some very expensive and painful results. (I use the words "might have" with some caution here- still could have been a real tangle given the ejido element which was entangled into the deal.)
Hope this helps clarify what I was trying to say. If I could re-write the post I would substitute the words "rightful owner" for the words "environmental group"

Cheers....
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 8-24-2019 at 08:15 AM

In Mexico, as always, justice will be served. On a platter. To the highest bidder.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.