BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: 2019 SCORE Baja 400 Map (Sept. 18-22)
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-31-2019 at 04:51 PM

What with there map not even close to the route. Maker 270 come into Cerro Solo from South. That route is Moto only nothing on 4 wheels can go past there. The only road the 4 wheels use comes from East West into Cerro Solo.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-31-2019 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
For every one that does not like the race. There is ten thousand that do. The sound of a vett 1000hp engine music. Do I like the races no but that's what they do. Don't like it move back to the States.

I think a majority of people in baja have zero interest in racing.
Mor0nic fans tend to flock together with other mor0ns, and easliy confuse their smelly flock with popularity.

You have never experienced this so you have no idea what you are talking about (not that that ever prevents you from chiming in)

One of the reasons I retired after 12 years was that it was getting too popular with the locals. Ensenada is insane race week. The locals line the roads everywhere. The most frightening thing I have ever done is drive flat out through a tunnel of people. The local merchants ring the registers at record pace.

Stick to your keyboard, don't fall off your stool.

You incorrectly conflate a large crowd with a majority of the population. If you take the lowest 10% of the population (I.e. the mor0ns) and put them along the race course, you may imagine that all of Ensenada-Tijuana is there to worship you. You are wrong.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-31-2019 at 07:38 PM

What with there map not even close to the route. Maker 270 come into Cerro Solo from South. That route is Moto only nothing on 4 wheels can go past there. The only road the 4 wheels use comes from East West into Cerro Solo.

Maybe for fun, go down there and see how the pre runners handle it this weekend? Take your camera!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 12:19 PM

David are markers already out? If so I only take pictures with cl phone. Witch I give up moving to Baja nomad. If I get pictures you put them up. Need to know if markers are out. As the map score has our . Is total incorrect as no road in that direction they posted . Not even close to it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 03:04 PM

The map is out which mean the markers are out because this weekend they will begin pre-running.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 03:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The map is out which mean the markers are out because this weekend they will begin pre-running.

I believe pre running starts sept 7th
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 03:16 PM

Well, the map is out but the gps file is not and prerunning doesn’t open till the 7th. Doubt the course is marked yet, prolly do that end of the week.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 04:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

I believe pre running starts sept 7th

Ok, thanks for the correction. In the old days the coarse was marked when they mapped it. Everything is done on Google Earth now, lol.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 02:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
For every one that does not like the race. There is ten thousand that do. The sound of a vett 1000hp engine music. Do I like the races no but that's what they do. Don't like it move back to the States.

I think a majority of people in baja have zero interest in racing.
Mor0nic fans tend to flock together with other mor0ns, and easliy confuse their smelly flock with popularity.

You have never experienced this so you have no idea what you are talking about (not that that ever prevents you from chiming in)

One of the reasons I retired after 12 years was that it was getting too popular with the locals. Ensenada is insane race week. The locals line the roads everywhere. The most frightening thing I have ever done is drive flat out through a tunnel of people. The local merchants ring the registers at record pace.

Stick to your keyboard, don't fall off your stool.

You incorrectly conflate a large crowd with a majority of the population. If you take the lowest 10% of the population (I.e. the mor0ns) and put them along the race course, you may imagine that all of Ensenada-Tijuana is there to worship you. You are wrong.
. . ............. . Just love it when the troll from San Diego talks . Stupid tourset your foot in your mouth again . Baja blow hard think before you write oh I forgot. Nothing going on up there just pop corn loser .:bounce: is
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 09:14 AM

Larry, thanks for calling out the blowhard keyboard cowboy.
Having never attended a race event, nor participated, nor having a sniff of what it entails he pontificates about "conflating crowd numbers"
Pathetic!
You and I have observed many many events, seen the broad mix of spectators. Many of them young, even kids, lots of the younger set, and to call them "marooons"??? So sad. Dare I say even a touch racist??
You are right in calling him out for squawking from his perch in San Diego. His posts indicate a deep knowledge of other folks stories from Nomad, and very little first hand knowledge about anything south of border.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 10:45 AM

For the few years SCORE racecourse marking has been a last minute deal usually done 1 or 2 days before prerun starts.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2019 at 07:13 AM

Thanks for that info on markers. I will then this weekend run the course In s.v. Area on dirt bike or my prerunner as long as David post pictures. Also show where score map wrong.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2019 at 09:29 AM

Thanks for that info on markers. I will then this weekend run the course In s.v. Area on dirt bike or my prerunner as long as David post pictures. Also show where score map wrong.

Yes my friend, I will post your photos! Heck, I still owe you for those vise grips that got me home! :biggrin:

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2019 at 10:48 AM

I went out yesterday for short off road run all markers up. . Same route again San Vicente. As last two races. will do run again with pictures
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2019 at 11:39 AM

Should be very busy out from Ensenada this weekend!

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2019 at 12:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Unfamiliar with Rancho Las Truchas. Can someone get me up to speed?

There's a small (occasionally occupied!) house up the Arroyo San Rafael above MSR. Unfortunately, that's a real sensitive area where those rare trout live. Hopefully there won't be too much damage to the creekbed and minimal human debris, although I'm not very optimistic. God forbid some knucklehead starts a fire. There's a couple creek crossings below the falls and one at Las Truchas, so hopefully impacts will just be quick and temporary. Of all the possible places they have to race in Baja, I hope someone at least uses a modicum of common sense about this track.

I guess I'll find out next March/April.

John

[Edited on 9-15-2019 by John Harper]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2019 at 12:23 PM

Off Road races have passed through Mike's Sky Rancho since 1972... Sometimes twice a year. Not every year, but still that is history. A big fire was in the area in 2005 and other times, not at all related to off road races.
I want the trout and terrain to continue as they have, so we share that much in common.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2019 at 02:33 PM

2019 Baja 400 Course Map on Google Maps

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2019 at 11:41 PM

Score course change!
At Mike's Sky Rancho, all classes will take the Sportsman's class shortcut. So, no more Las Truchas race course.
Just saw it posted on Facebook by Baja Pits.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 05:21 AM

Score course change!
At Mike's Sky Rancho, all classes will take the Sportsman's class shortcut. So, no more Las Truchas race course.
Just saw it posted on Facebook by Baja Pits.

Yah! Thank you!!!! My little trout friends are very grateful for not trashing their precarious slice of heaven.

John
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.