BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Is Highway 5 paved in area approaching Chapala and Hwy 1 ?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 05:03 PM

After the last floods literally wiping out new construction in monumental droves, I figger another 63 aught to do it (or so).

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 05:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
After the last floods literally wiping out new construction in monumental droves, I figger another 63 aught to do it (or so).

Let’s hope so.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 05:35 PM

I prefer hwy 5 over hwy 1, and hope there is always enough rough road to keep it less traveled!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 05:48 PM

If you think that is a rough stretch of road you have no business going to Baja.

What you said about water and heat could be said about any road, paved or not.

Ppl who shouldn't travel in Baja should not be giving advice to the op.

Jizzers, you might recall that a young lady perished on that road not too long ago, so I am not speaking from ignorance, only adding a word of caution to the unprepared. Its not a freeway in the San Fernando Valley. As for me, well, I can drive it in my sleep in a 2WD pickup without letting the air out of the tires, no need for that unless you have insecurity issues.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
4 hours at the turnoff???? whats going on there?

What is going on, is holdups. Has been known to happen in secluded areas of this stretch after sunset. Unfinished construction with pieces of equipment and rough terrain are perfect for ambush. But I am puzzled, as 4 hours is a bit long for a holdup :). They usually work in more expedited manner.

[Edited on 9-3-2019 by Alm]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-2-2019 at 07:24 PM

Hwy. 5 is busy, even the dirt part. It would be a terrible place to commit a crime... hundreds of miles from a city... where would they hide as they surely don't drive off-road vehicles!??

Shari, you really could do us a favor and get better details from your guests... and that is before the pitahaya margaritas are served!

[Edited on 9-7-2019 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2019 at 09:05 PM

I towed my boat over it a month or so ago went slow as hell and still shook the crap out of my boat and trailer but it was in better condition then from San Felipe to Gonzaga. I've been driving the 5 to Chapala or vice versa for years back when it was dirt all the way from Puertecitos to Chapala and the pavement north of Puertecitos had car swallowing potholes. Never did I think my life was in danger. I drove from Mexicali to La Paz right the day after the first Hurricane last year and back during the second Hurricane and never thought my life was in danger.
Baja is an adventure, Always that's why I go there
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.