BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Would you take someone to your favorite fishing hole?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 10:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
im sure glad thirty years ago two guys named Neil and Gene weren't shy about sharing a spot :D

30 years ago was before the Internet browser. That's the difference, and it's a huge difference.

[Edited on 9-13-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 10:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Bad roads bring good people, after all. Good roads and not the Internet is what brings in bad people.

Bad roads limit the number of people, both good and bad. Good roads bring more people, both good and bad.

Advertising on the Internet with GPS coordinates and photos brings more people, both good and bad, down all roads, both good and bad.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 10:57 AM

I disagree.
So, there we go... Some are on Nomad to learn more about Baja and some want nobody to learn more.

Bad people don't search the Internet for places to trash. They also don't buy 4x4s to get to remote places to trash. That's my experience after 55 years since first traveling there.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 11:17 AM

...Bad roads bring good people, after all. Good roads and not the Internet is what brings in bad people.

Too many good people at one time is a bad thing esp in a limited resource and the more people who come no matter how good they are, the better the road gets.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 11:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
...Bad roads bring good people, after all. Good roads and not the Internet is what brings in bad people.

Too many good people at one time is a bad thing esp in a limited resource and the more people who come no matter how good they are, the better the road gets.

That's true. That's what happened with the surf breaks (at the end of long, bad roads) and the Internet was the main reason.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 11:59 AM

I disagree.
So, there we go... Some are on Nomad to learn more about Baja and some want nobody to learn more.

Bad people don't search the Internet for places to trash. They also don't buy 4x4s to get to remote places to trash. That's my experience after 55 years since first traveling there.

David,
Your reductionist thinking here is quite divisive....

Suggesting some Nomads "want nobody to learn more" is nothing short of silly.

I use the forum for entertainment, being reminded how 30 % of Americans think about things, and for information relevant to my curiosity....

This isn't about "bad people" (a theme your orange clown guy promotes), just some bad choices regarding dissemination of Baja places....

[Edited on 9-13-2019 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I disagree.

David,

I use the forum for entertainment, being reminded how 30 % of Americans think about things, and for information relevant to my curiosity....

This isn't about "bad people" (a theme your orange clown guy promotes), just some bad choices regarding dissemination of Baja places....

All this talk about bad roads, good people and places makes me want another camping trip this winter. You going to be around?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 12:45 PM

Why wait till winter!??:D:biggrin:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
In my old age, I guess I've figured out that nothing belongs to me. I can caretake a possession or place, and maybe a stranger, but I know life is not in my control.

The egocentrism of selfishness is not an attribute, it is paranoia.
I guess that's why I was taught to share; paranoia is way to busy.

Well stated, and I agree.

John
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 02:21 PM

Outage at work. No time off till 2nd week of December.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 02:41 PM

I disagree.

David,

Talk about divisive...:rolleyes:
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 02:47 PM

He was talking to me , David....:rolleyes:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

All this talk about bad roads, good people and places makes me want another camping trip this winter. You going to be around?

Ed,
I would love to, but Oaxaca for a month is this year's plan.... I will post my daily GPS co-ords daily once down there...:lol:

Re: Baja ...it might be two years before I get back down...and will once again locate somewhere in the Vizcaino peninsula area....

But thanks for the invite.:saint:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 02:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

30% peanut gallery....

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

30% peanut gallery....

Look within for the peanut gallery. Its closer than you think.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 03:18 PM

Many of the people that love to share are travelers, they don't post up at a spot and hang for more than a day or two. I tend to post up 7 to 15 nights. I think I see the place at a micro level and not at a macro level. I hang with others that do the same.
If you use surf world as an example look at Scorpion"s or Abreojos, folks came in and found a way to purchase their bit of paradise. These are not just a drop in places, they require effort to get to.
Go to The Wall, or other points along that cost in the winter, there are crowds camping. 20 years ago there were less people going there.
Overlanding blogs post up free camping spots all over Baja.
Surfing and overlanding bring all kinds of people both good and bad. This is a resource for both groups, they are motivated to go to Baja.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
Surfing and overlanding bring all kinds of people both good and bad. This is a resource for both groups, they are motivated to go to Baja.

We just need to remind them how scary and dangerous it is here. Last night sitting out in front of my house as I do most nights, this guy came crawling right up beside my feet, pretty sure his intent was my death to rid me of his home.:biggrin:

IMG_9182.jpg - 152kB

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 04:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Quote: Originally posted by MMc  

We just need to remind them how scary and dangerous it is here. Last night sitting out in front of my house as I do most nights, this guy came crawling right up beside my feet, pretty sure his intent was my death to rid me of his home.:biggrin:

I think he wants the Tecate!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2019 at 08:30 PM

When the tarantula is near, it's time for a beer!

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 9-14-2019 at 01:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Bad roads bring good people, after all. Good roads and not the Internet is what brings in bad people.

Bad roads limit the number of people, both good and bad. Good roads bring more people, both good and bad.

Advertising on the Internet with GPS coordinates and photos brings more people, both good and bad, down all roads, both good and bad.

good to see that there are still some clear thinkers out there

I see the internet as a new, good, easy road - brings a lot of traffic

Harald Pietschmann
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.