Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Otay Mesa Airport Crossing
Robinhood
Nomad

Mood: Health is wealth!

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 06:57 AM
Otay Mesa Airport Crossing

Im planning to meet my Son at the Tijuana Airport and am having him take an Uber to Otay Mesa where you can park and pay to walk across. What do we need to know to make it an easy deal for him?

http://www.mulege-properties.info
011 52 1 615 103 3546 (cell from USA)
+52-615-153-1035 (From the USA) Office.
+52-1-615-153-1123 (From the USA Home
615-153-1035/615-153-1123 from Mexico
My cell works the best if you have a problem dialing from the USA, just email me and I will call you back at your convenience.
*Stop for a cappuccino, sweet roll, or an organic lasagna at MAGO's Bakery all winter long.*
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 08:10 AM

He doesn't need an Uber. He is landing at Otay Mesa. All he has to do is get off the plane and follow the signs to CBX (Cross Border Express) which is at the baggage claim area. There he just purchases his ticket to cross and follow the corridor to US Customs. Once he is through there he just walks outside to where you should be waiting

[Edited on 9-17-2019 by Alan]

In Memory of E-57
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 08:23 AM

I'm sorry, I just re-read your post. I just assumed it was northbound!

Southbound:
Take Uber to CBX at Otay Mesa. Check in with your airline. If he has pre-purchased his CBX pass when he purchased his flight all he has to do is complete the IMN form. There is a counter that has passport readers that will scan your passport and fill out the form automatically or complete it with a pen. Next buy ($15?) or present his CBX pass and head down the corridor. At the other end, present his completed FMM and passport to Mexican INM officer. If his stay is 7 days or less he will direct him forward to Mex. Customs to play red light/green light then on to his boarding gate. For stays over 7 days he will be directed to the bank window which is right there to pay for his FMM (about $26) and return and present receipt to INM officer.

[Edited on 9-17-2019 by Alan]

In Memory of E-57
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 08:30 AM

OMG! Its too damn early!!!

Again assumed he was flying south to meet you :mad::mad:

Go to Otay Mesa
Buy CBX ticket to cross
Complete FMM form
Follow corridor
Present to INM, pay if needed
Play red light/green light
Exit airport to meet you.

I'm going back to bed

In Memory of E-57
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 08:45 AM

Your post is a little ambiguous on what you are doing exactly.

You can buy the CBX pass ahead of time when you get your tickets from the airline.

[Edited on 9-17-2019 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 08:46 AM

Alan, good effort, but it is not necessary to 'troll' yourself. There are plenty of us of out here willing to jump in and criticize your mistakes! :tumble:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
OMG! Its too damn early!!!

Again assumed he was flying south to meet you

... and it is still not clear whether he was or was not going to fly (out of TIJ). The only thing clear was that they were going meet at TIJ.
Nikno
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 06:03 PM

One thing to know is that you can only use CBX if you have a boarding pass. You cannot cross just to meet someone. You can only cross going southbound if you have a boarding pass for a flight leaving Tijuana that same day. You can only cross northbound if you have arrived on a flight into Tijuana that same day and you must show the boarding pass. It is not a regular border crossing. It is privately funded and the deal they have is that only people flying can use it.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nikno  
One thing to know is that you can only use CBX if you have a boarding pass. You cannot cross just to meet someone. You can only cross going southbound if you have a boarding pass for a flight leaving Tijuana that same day. You can only cross northbound if you have arrived on a flight into Tijuana that same day and you must show the boarding pass. It is not a regular border crossing. It is privately funded and the deal they have is that only people flying can use it.
Now that is good information! Thank you. I had never really thought about it but you're right and they do ask to see boarding pass. Actually great new as it keeps this crossing quick and easy if you fly. I use to hate coming northbound before CBX.

In Memory of E-57

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.