BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: driving on Baja beaches legal or illegal?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 11:26 AM

The beaches in san q have been ruined by beach driving. Last time i stayed at the mision, cameron steele’s tour group (guests at the hotel) was racing up and down the beach and dunes, endangering women, children, dogs...
I wont go back, a peaceful and beach walk was impossible with gringo knuckledraggers using the beach as race course. The hotel owner needs to ban bad guests like cameron steele tour groups, and put security on the beach to stop the dangerous behavior of their own guests

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 11:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The beaches in san q have been ruined by beach driving. Last time i stayed at the mision, cameron steele’s tour group (guests at the hotel) was racing up and down the beach and dunes, endangering women, children, dogs...
I wont go back, a peaceful and beach walk was impossible with gringo knuckledraggers using the beach as race course. The hotel owner needs to ban bad guests like cameron steele tour groups, and put security on the beach to stop the dangerous behavior of their own guests

thats a shame.....im sure you'll be missed ;)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 04:13 PM

:lol:

Having been on a Cameron Steele tour and stayed at the Mision Santa Maria hotel, there on the beach with them, I can tell you it is a very organized affair and there is no racing up and down the beach. The TV crew and helicopter are not cheap to have along so it is staged very tightly. They do leave the hotel parking lot and take the beach route down to El Pabellon then back on the highway. The beach route is a 'road' used by everyone... even school busses bringing clam diggers out, drive on that beach. It is flat, hard sand at low tide... anyone can drive on it (like the beach at Daytona and Pismo).

I posted photos of what that drive away looks like back in 2014. It was so early when Cameron has us leave, cold and foggy, nobody is on the beach but the Trail of Missions caravan:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 04:26 PM

T H U N K !

Did I just hear a name drop?

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 04:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Harold I think wrong way to ask. In a country that there is no law. I'm sure people that live here know what I'm talking about. I'm areas where there are not many people no problem. In areas with many people best stay away for safety. Sorry but fact of life.

I disagree...there are good laws in Mexico and I like the way police enforce them...only when they need to...when offenders are blatantly and dangerously breaking said laws.
You can disagree all you want sad you don't Know Mexico. The laws are not enforce . Even when you call the police active shooter. They call back hour later want to know if shooter's are still there. Cop shop is 3 min away then they show up . Point is they are not worried about your beach problems. This is Mexico
Beach driving depends on so many factors...where the beach is, if there are turtle nests, people on the beach etc. If it is a problem they enforce it, if not, they let it slide.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 04:39 PM

. Do use all a favor stay out of Mexico. Looser are not wanted you a tourist. So shut up and enjoy here or stay home
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 9-18-2019 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
:lol:

Having been on a Cameron Steele tour and stayed at the Mision Santa Maria hotel, there on the beach with them, I can tell you it is a very organized affair and there is no racing up and down the beach. The TV crew and helicopter are not cheap to have along so it is staged very tightly. They do leave the hotel parking lot and take the beach route down to El Pabellon then back on the highway. The beach route is a 'road' used by everyone... even school busses bringing clam diggers out, drive on that beach. It is flat, hard sand at low tide... anyone can drive on it (like the beach at Daytona and Pismo).

David, you got suckered in. Happens. Mission stuff and paintings are a thin veil.

I was about to make a comment on the groups that go to Baja to rip up the desert (because at home they can't any longer) - but I will let that alone.

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 08:54 AM

Harald, I just wanted to correct goat's post as I had first-hand info. I don't do Baja with a fleet of Raptors. I am fine going solo in a Tacoma. Driving fast is fun off road but it is the exception down there. Maybe if I had lots of money and groups along it would be different? People are paying big bucks to go on a Cameron tour so he is doing something right! I would love to continue to take people to the Baja backcountry at normal speed, as with my Baja Extreme 2016 tour.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 09:59 AM

Harald, I just wanted to correct goat's post as I had first-hand info. I don't do Baja with a fleet of Raptors. I am fine going solo in a Tacoma. Driving fast is fun off road but it is the exception down there. Maybe if I had lots of money and groups along it would be different? People are paying big bucks to go on a Cameron tour so he is doing something right! I would love to continue to take people to the Baja backcountry at normal speed, as with my Baja Extreme 2016 tour.

so, if someone pays big bucks, it must be right?

Baja is a big unsupervised playground. The number of fences and gates springing up tell you that the tide is turning. As usual - another paradise lost because some can keep their pants up.

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 10:07 AM

No, I made no judgments.
The land is the land and people are of the land.
People can change the land and build roads but Nature will do what she does and the roads are washed away or grown over unless man changes that, again.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 10:48 AM

I saw what i saw. You saw what you saw. It appears we saw different trips.

Payment does not legitimize an activity, nor does payment make a wrong a right.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 11:26 AM

Yes, we saw different trips.
No, payment does not.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 01:49 PM

I saw what i saw. You saw what you saw. It appears we saw
different trips.

Payment does not legitimize an activity, nor does payment make a wrong a right.
. Simple tourist don't like what people do here. Stay home In Calif with the rats and homeless
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 07:16 PM

I would call you a ugly Baja blow hard no count
Prove to us all what it hurts where I ride my bike on the Beach . Now that you opened your big mouth if nothing prove it. We are all waiting pipy boy
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 08:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
I would call you a ugly Baja blow hard no count
Prove to us all what it hurts where I ride my bike on the Beach . Now that you opened your big mouth if nothing prove it. We are all waiting pipy boy

I can’t prove anything to you, because you are too stupid to understand. Hell, you can’t even write a sentence without mangling it, and your idiotic punctuation was at first amusing, but now is really sad to think you lived your whole life as an ignoramus.

You ever scrounge up $10k for that race you so desperately want so you can watch my a$$ as you flail and gasp and cry far behind me?
If you can find $50, I will arm wrestle you for it

Woke!

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 08:47 PM

Goat, B.T.R. was actually replying to an attack by "pippy", the most recent incarnation of a banned member. The latest version has also been banned and deleted already!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 08:59 PM

If you can find $50, I will arm wrestle you for it

I'll take that bet for a grand. Didn't lose over a ~15 years stretch once.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2019 at 10:22 PM

Haha looks like loser Mt put his foot in his mouth again. Don't worry JZ. This loser already backed out of a one way 10,000 dollar bet. He showed all on nomad how scared he was. He just talks with zero sense. When you call him out he just hides. He even tried to change the bet 😂. Then when I called out his partner he deleted his post. Guess his wife made him delate it. You poor souls don't even have a clue what is going on in Mexico right now.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2019 at 02:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
... an attack by "pippy", the most recent incarnation of a banned member.

I thought it was a new troll, not some banned and re-registered under new name. There are/were some mentally unstable members with "verbal diarrhea" and severe attention deficit disorder to the point that a person can't comprehend simple answers. But this one sounded like new. Several posts in different threads, all flaming. Too obvious to even bother to respond.
matthew_mangus
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 08:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

Beach driving depends on so many factors...where the beach is, if there are turtle nests, people on the beach etc. If it is a problem they enforce it, if not, they let it slide.

Are there any visual cues of turtle nests that are visible from a car moving 20+ mph down a beach? I like camp on the beach in my truck but am always nervous about driving w/ in 100 yrds of high tide lines during nesting season. I typically just stay back, but wonder if I'm being overly cautious.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.