Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Outside “forces” trying to make Mexico “politically correct’
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2019 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kiterkip  
"Smear the Queer" was a game we played almost constantly. But I never ever heard that term since it was always called "Chinese Murder" in the 50's.

"Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Moe, catch a ___ by his toe. If he hollers make him pay $50 every day"

So much of what was child's play back then is clearly abhorrent by any standards now.

Here is a whole page dedicated to STQ and variations. Ppl of different ages from different places chiming in. Most didn't think it had a sexual connotation - at least at the time.

https://ask.metafilter.com/284756/Do-kids-still-play-a-game-...

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-26-2019 at 07:10 PM

Derogatory references to minorities,... you guys think you were just cute kids, reality is that you were little bigots and today you are not self-aware enough to see what you were, or you can see it but just won’t admit it.

At least mrbill admits to being a nasty bigot as a child and maintaining character all the way through to his sunset years.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2019 at 09:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Derogatory references to minorities,... you guys think you were just cute kids, reality is that you were little bigots and today you are not self-aware enough to see what you were, or you can see it but just won’t admit it.

Oh bullchit. You are making a blanket statement here. How do you know who I am today just from my school yard antics 60 years ago? People do change, I have.
I stated it was abhorrent.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-26-2019 at 10:01 PM
Live, Love, Laugh

A few fun favorites from a UK website:

Sat opposite an Indian lady on the train today, she shut her eyes and
stopped breathing. I thought she was dead until I saw the red spot on her forehead, and realised she was just on standby.

They've had to cancel the panto 'jack & the beanstalk', in Birmingham,
Oldham, Bradford, Burnley, Leicester & Luton because the giant couldn't smell any Englishmen.

Years ago it was suggested that, "An apple a day keeps the doctor
away, but since all the doctors are now Muslim, I've found that a bacon
sandwich works a treat!

caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2019 at 10:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

When we were kids Smear the Queer was a huge deal. Played it almost every single day at recess in elementary school.

There would be 10 or more kids playing. It was a blast.
[Edited on 9-26-2019 by JZ]

Bet these kids would think ''Smear the ******'' is funny too.

Is this a class issue? As in this elementary school is for lower class? Any adult supervision around?

Bunch of hypocrites on here...

Smear the queer offends so many of you, but the N word doesn't?

One of your fellow Lefties posted it, so it's ok? Typical...

apparently it served its purpose - no? you are offended? really?
sometimes guys post stuff toungue in cheek - to make a point. Obviously it worked!

Really Caj13? Of course you are defending the use of the N word.... You can OWN that, as you like to say! It's ok as long as it "served it's purpose" in your mind. You really are a POS! You and your type with your double standards....Nice try sticking up for your buddy Lee!
And, no, I'm not as much offended as I am surprised that he thinks that is ok to post on this forum. I'm even more surprised that a lowlife like yourself would defend using the word. [/rquote

Nope, not defending it in the least, pointing out your hipocracy, you have indignation that N word was used, but defend crowds shouting defamatory slurs as good clean fun! The point of the post was to get people like you to recognize the double standard you have.

and boy - did you take the bait, you shout indignation about the N word, all the while defending those who are using homophobic slurs. The word was used to shock you into your sences, obviously , it didn't work, because you still have not seen the obvious double standards you have.

Grow up - hold people accountable. I know its hard when you agree with Paco, and its hard because you know he's wrong, but you just can't admit that - can you, so you try and wordsmith and warp words trying to provide cover for your homophobic behavior!
I never used the N word - never condoned it - just pointed out it was being used as a tool to shine a light on many heres inconsistancies and double standards -

congratulations, you are the star of the hypocrit club - front and center with the spotlight square on you!

and BTW - I consider being called a POS and a lowlife by an obvious bigot , who is clearly mad and embarassed that he got exposed- as a badge of honor - thank you!

]

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by caj13]
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

When we were kids Smear the Queer was a huge deal. Played it almost every single day at recess in elementary school.

There would be 10 or more kids playing. It was a blast.
[Edited on 9-26-2019 by JZ]

Bet these kids would think ''Smear the ******'' is funny too.

Is this a class issue? As in this elementary school is for lower class? Any adult supervision around?

Bunch of hypocrites on here...

Smear the queer offends so many of you, but the N word doesn't?

One of your fellow Lefties posted it, so it's ok? Typical...

apparently it served its purpose - no? you are offended? really?
sometimes guys post stuff toungue in cheek - to make a point. Obviously it worked!

Really Caj13? Of course you are defending the use of the N word.... You can OWN that, as you like to say! It's ok as long as it "served it's purpose" in your mind. You really are a POS! You and your type with your double standards....Nice try sticking up for your buddy Lee!
And, no, I'm not as much offended as I am surprised that he thinks that is ok to post on this forum. I'm even more surprised that a lowlife like yourself would defend using the word. [/rquote

Nope, not defending it in the least, pointing out your hipocracy, you have indignation that N word was used, but defend crowds shouting defamatory slurs as good clean fun! The point of the post was to get people like you to recognize the double standard you have.

and boy - did you take the bait, you shout indignation about the N word, all the while defending those who are using homophobic slurs. The word was used to shock you into your sences, obviously , it didn't work, because you still have not seen the obvious double standards you have.

Grow up - hold people accountable. I know its hard when you agree with Paco, and its hard because you know he's wrong, but you just can't admit that - can you, so you try and wordsmith and warp words trying to provide cover for your homophobic behavior!
I never used the N word - never condoned it - just pointed out it was being used as a tool to shine a light on many heres inconsistancies and double standards -

congratulations, you are the star of the hypocrit club - front and center with the spotlight square on you!

and BTW - I consider being called a POS and a lowlife by an obvious bigot , who is clearly mad and embarassed that he got exposed- as a badge of honor - thank you!

]

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by caj13]

You are wrong on so many levels...

1. Where did I "defend crowds shouting defamatory slurs as good clean fun!" ? I didn't...

2. Was I "defending those who are using homophobic slurs."?
I wasn't....

3. Where did I "agree with Paco"? I didn't...

4. Where was I "trying to provide cover for your homophobic behavior"? What homophobic behavior was that? Sorry, don't have any!

You better go re-read the entire thread. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else? I was pointing out that Lee used an unacceptable word. It was obviously unacceptable to the standards on this forum because it got changed/removed. You pointed out that it was being used as a tool; I get that. Still unacceptable in my mind, but as long as you can justify it in your mind, it's ok. Did you climb up Lee's butt over the use of the word? Of course you didn't... If it wasn't for your double standards, you would have no standards at all!

Lastly, how am I an "obvious bigot"? For pointing out that the N word is unacceptable and shouldn't be used; not even as a tool?

Hard for me to follow your logic on that one! Typical Liberal move though...you try to flip this whole thing and make me the bad guy.

Deflect and redirect! (As you always like to say!)

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by Pacifico]

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 07:47 AM

The issue here is simple: you either think it's acceptable to be bigoted, racist, and threatened somehow by people who are different from what you see in the mirror....

or you are not.

What is so complicated about this ?

Don't believe everything you think....
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 10:09 AM

Hard for me to follow your logic on that one! Typical Liberal move though...you try to flip this whole thing and make me the bad guy.

Fu*k is your problem? Clearly you are prolific in your bullshlt responses.

You made your point. You don't like me using the N word. Tough.

Get over yourself. Clearly you're looking to win an argument. You won. Happy?

Personally, I don't like political correctness which is what you are. That means I don't like you. So, fu*k off.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 11:25 AM

Hello all you “JJJ” fart smellin’ perverts ....
( that’s a joke )

I guess I got to REALLY explain meself as some of you have taken this way out of context.

My position on the PC thingy is that it has gone WAY too far . Any further and we are going to be an homogenized society,
is that what you want ? Not me .
It could get so bad that comedy greats the likes of Dave Chappell , Doug Stanhope , Louis C.K , et al , won’t be able to perform their best material .
I have a good question ? Have any of you even been to a Xolo ( Club Tijuana ) game to experience just when and how “Eh Puto” is said ? It is said NOT to one individual but to the whole apposing team as a taunt .

I’ve been around here long enough that you guys know I am non-confrontational and haven’t resorted to any name calling when others have clearly been upset , and said so in derogatory ways due to not agreeing with my viewpoints .
A perfect example is at the start of this thread Goat says “Flock you Paco”
My reply “ Thank you Goat “

In the digital age of keyboard warriors don’t cha think if I was a racist I would have written at least a little bit of evidence to show so ????

Wish you all the best, Paco

[Edited on 9-27-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 11:51 AM

Here’s a good story from Dave Chappell’s latest on Netflix.

During the Dave Chappell show days , Dave had a sketch that he wanted to use the work faggot , he was then called into the office and was told that under NO circumstances could he use that word !

So his comeback but was “ so why it that I am able to use the word nigga with impunity but not able to use the word faggot ?”
Their reply,
“Well Dave you are not Gay”

His reply , “ well I’m not a nigga either “

And of note, but Not surprising , Chappell was able to say Cracker and Whitey with full abandonment ..

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 03:44 PM

Fu*k is your problem? Clearly you are prolific in your bullshlt responses.

You made your point. You don't like me using the N word. Tough.

Get over yourself. Clearly you're looking to win an argument. You won. Happy?

Personally, I don't like political correctness which is what you are. That means I don't like you. So, fu*k off.

Lighten up, Francis!

Nah....not looking to win an argument; only defending myself from being called a bigot by Caj…

Now, carry on with your racial slurs...your buddies on here won't call you out for it.

Oh, and Ditto!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 03:44 PM

Hey Paco, apparently the mexican soccer federation doesnt have a sence of humor either: you better get to your next game before oct 4th! And please make sure someone is shooting video when you man up, grow a couple of plums, walk up to a player and call him el puto to his face - the sight of you and he laughing it up together will be priceless, and the perfect response for you defending "its just a joke"

or are you still going to be a coward and hide in the stands with the rest of the cowards!

so:
The International Association of Association Football (FIFA) recently announced that in addition to fines there will be other penalties: the first time the chant is heard, the game will be stopped for five or 10 minutes; the second time, the players will be go to the locker rooms; and the third time, the game will continue but Mexican fans will not be allowed to attend the next local game.

The first game where the new rules will apply will be a qualifying match between Mexico and Panama at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on October 15.

Mexican Football Federation president Yon de Luisa said the FIFA penalties could get tougher in the future if Mexico fails to stop the chant, and could include bans on the national team playing in certain stadiums or even expulsion from tournaments.

De Luisa and Enrique Bonilla, president of the Liga Mx, announced a series of actions that Mexican football authorities will be taking to eradicate the chant.

First, they will attempt to raise awareness among fans about the penalties that could be imposed and remove fans who chant the phrase and try to prevent them from returning.

The Liga Mx will also apply the same non-monetary penalties as FIFA for games in the league. The new policy will be applied at matches starting on October 4.
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 03:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Here’s a good story from Dave Chappell’s latest on Netflix.

During the Dave Chappell show days , Dave had a sketch that he wanted to use the work faggot , he was then called into the office and was told that under NO circumstances could he use that word !

So his comeback but was “ so why it that I am able to use the word nigga with impunity but not able to use the word faggot ?”
Their reply,
“Well Dave you are not Gay”

His reply , “ well I’m not a nigga either “

And of note, but Not surprising , Chappell was able to say Cracker and Whitey with full abandonment ..

so let me get this straight - and i use the term "straight" recognizing the ironic humor involved.
so its Ok to call others El Puto because you are El Puto? OK I get it now!
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 04:03 PM

Pacifico, your whole original was slamming "liberals" who had ddouble standards. I must have mistaken you for a conservative who believes in white privledge, and not holding yourself accountable. apparently i was wrong - welcome to being a progeressive, probably better to not tell your friends though!
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 05:02 PM

Pacifico, your whole original was slamming "liberals" who had ddouble standards. I must have mistaken you for a conservative who believes in white privledge, and not holding yourself accountable. apparently i was wrong - welcome to being a progeressive, probably better to not tell your friends though!

Caj, I think that is the problem; you put all conservatives in the same box where you assume they hate all gays, minorities, etc. and that conservatives are bigots. While I am more conservative than liberal; I do have some liberal views on things. It's all good...

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-27-2019 at 07:46 PM
Another politcaly incorrect term?

Last week, I impulsively bought another rig that I thought would be a decent Baja traveler.

I also thought I should buy a vanity plate to possibly introduce myself to other nomads. The state of California would not allow "AKGRNGO"

If it's on my car, why is it considered offensive to others? PC goes too far, too often!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2019 at 04:13 AM

And there you have it “ Gringo “ is nw officially NOT politically correct.

Does anyone here get offended if they are called a Gringo ???

Homogenized , totally bland society here we come., Orwell would be proud !

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2019 at 04:58 AM

And there you have it “ Gringo “ is nw officially NOT politically correct.

Does anyone here get offended if they are called a Gringo ???

Homogenized , totally bland society here we come., Orwell would be proud !

The English language is rich with descriptive words, new ones invented, and archaic ones abandoned all the time. Orwell coined several commonly used words himself.

Grow up and be creative. The only thing bland is you. Dolt.

John

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by John Harper]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2019 at 10:59 AM

So far in this thread alone I’ve been called

“Flock you”. By Mr. Goat

“Ignorant the and stupid”. by Mr. Lee

“A coward “ and to go to a Gay bar” by Mr. caj13

“an immature hooligan”. along with “bland and a dolt”. by Mr. John Harper

So isn’t the essence of being PC is not to put other people down ???

Me thinks some members need to do some serious introspection ....

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by Paco Facullo]

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2019 at 11:46 AM

So far in this thread alone I’ve been called

“Flock you”. By Mr. Goat

“Ignorant the and stupid”. by Mr. Lee

“A coward “ and to go to a Gay bar” by Mr. caj13

“an immature hooligan”. along with “bland and a dolt”. by Mr. John Harper

So isn’t the essence of being PC is not to put other people down ???

Me thinks some members need to do some serious introspection ....

I actually wrote "like an immature hooligan," but I did call you an "old coot." Just to correct the record.

So,basically, you're saying you don't like being called names? Is that it?

Word for the Day: Irony

Too funny.

John

[Edited on 9-28-2019 by John Harper]
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.