Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CFE - Power to Property - Question
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 11:47 AM
CFE - Power to Property - Question

Hola All: I am posting for my brother. What is the current process for a CFE contract / power to a parcel? It has been so long for me. He has a parcel Pescadero/Todos Santos area. Working on plans for small casita, will be fully permitted house.
So, has anyone recently gone through the process and what is needed?
Thanks Brian
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 12:41 PM

from experience - it can take many many (many) months for the inspector to show up and approve the post you built (make sure you have all the specs right) - after that it takes only a couple of months for the power to be connected. All in all it amounts easily to 6 months. Took me from September to June.

Harald Pietschmann
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 01:52 PM

But if you have a "connection", the time needed is drastically reduced.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
But if you have a "connection", the time needed is drastically reduced.

that is so true.

Wanted to get a solar contract with CFE. Was told CFE does not grant contracts for tie in solar any longer (rather than the old analog meter running backwards when you have overproduction, the new ones would count your input and credit your account).
I found someone who knows someone at CFE. Bingo! Contract and new meter within weeks.
Installation inspection was not easy to pass. Everything has to be super accurate. Thought I was in Germany.

Harald Pietschmann
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 03:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. The parcel has underground wires pulled to the meter box (already constructed), he will share the box with his neighbor. The neighbor, has house and power to it, from this meter box.
So, anyone recently build on a parcel? At what point were you able to get a contract and meter on the parcel? Also, what documentation was needed?
Thanks Brian
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 05:01 PM

I would go to the local bill payer and discuss with them on what they charge to get a power contract - probably not that much. In my case the local CFE field guy was dinking me around with various BS- "Underground wires are no longer allowed - The subdivision doesn't have enough transformers - etc. " Finally , the builder who wanted power to start construction got the guy out there and said "how much?"
(As in bribe) - 500 pesos and the meter went in 2 days later
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mojo_norte  
...500 pesos and the meter went in 2 days later

I don't care what anybody says, that's a good deal right there.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 07:10 PM

I greased a couple palms and it took 3 days...Get to know your local lineman

sold out and got out !!!
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 10:16 PM

I had to wait until my escritura was recorded and then it was a couple of days in Los Barriles and the total cost was $500 pesos.

[Edited on 10-6-2019 by BajaParrothead]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 01:05 PM

Anything on the secondary load side is your design.

Es Todo Bueno
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 02:21 PM

I think we got your guy here in Pesky..a few of us have used him recently. Have your brother come by my house. Next week is Fiesta Patrocinal in Todos Santos. Open but hardly working!
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2019 at 07:06 AM

Thanks for the responses, so basically the house needs to be finished to power up the parcel? Has anyone had CFE hookup during the construction process?
brian
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2019 at 07:33 AM

Part of our protocol in Lighthouse Point (just south of La Ribera) is to have water meters and power meters in place prior to any construction beginning. I built a monument and installed the meter base using our contractor. I went to CFE in San Jose and paid the fees - I don't remember how much, it was a while ago - and their guys came out and dropped the meter in place. As I recall there was not a lot of time between payment and meter install.

This is inside an established development with underground power existing so I don't know if that makes a difference from your situation.

Andy

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.