Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Carving off a smaller lot
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 05:53 PM
Carving off a smaller lot

We have been offered the chance to cut a parcel out of a large piece in the Guadalupe Valley, close to El Porvenir
I will be helping my boy in his dream of setting up a small home to help young guys get out of orphanages, learn a vocation and get a fresh start in life.

So, any advice on who might help us with getting a new legal parcel?
Ironically, this is what I have done for a living for the past 40 years in Central Cal, but it is all new territory for me in Baja.

Also, may need a consultant on getting permits to drill a well, strictly domestic. I know how protective they have become in the valley to protect precious water for the grapes, this one will be dicey, although we have an adjacent neighbor that may help share water.

Juan was born in Mexico, and his wife never took US citizenship, so ownership will not be an issue. My wife also was born in Mexico, and we are working with the Mex Consul in Sacramento to get her paperwork in order.
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 08:04 PM

You want a licenced Engineer, preferably one who has experience in the local planning and the local property tax department. He will be able to lead you through the process, receive the permits and finally the new property tax number and then you take the official paperwork to a notary to register the property. The process, including plans should cost a couple thousand dollars, plus legal fee, city fees, and notary fees.
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 08:06 PM

For a well permit I would go to a local drilling company and they will apply for the permit. They know the process and want the work, so are the best ones to get a permit.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.