Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is there a Honda ATV Dealership in Baja Sur
Dianamo
Nomad

Mood: ...still in Baja

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 02:28 PM
Is there a Honda ATV Dealership in Baja Sur

I want to buy a new Honda ATV. Is my best option to purchase in the USA and have it delivered? Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Minds are like parachutes...they only function when open!

\"The price of apathy is to be ruled by evil men.\" - Plato
pacsur
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 03:22 PM

I just went to a semi new dealership in Cabo 2 weeks ago, I think there is one in La Paz also, Cabo opened earlier this year, they didn’t have the bike I wanted to see but they were waiting for new 2020 inventory next month.
It seems all Honda’s bought from a dealership are the same price, not much in discounts or purchasing options, I believe when the bikes are imported they are registered at a set price and that’s why all shops sell for the same.
Try this link-
https://www.honda.mx/motos/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoqDtBRD-ARIsAL4pvi...
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 10:23 PM

Bought my Honda Rincon at Jorgensen's in Richfield, UT. Priced them in several states and got the best price here. Rode Moab for a shakedown.

Not sure if you bought in the US where you'd have it delivered to. If you mean Baja, personally, I would never do that as I don't trust the process. I would tow it down on a trailer.

Wouldn't trust a Baja dealer servicing it either. I'd do the work or hire an independent.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 01:39 PM

good counsel from Lee. learn to service it yourself. youtube has you covered.
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 08:18 PM

My experience with the Honda dealership in Ensenada, was mixed. They felt I did not need license plates for the bike and did not want to provide them, nor did they have the versions available in the USA. On the plus side. they had simpler bikes - for example - air vs water-cooled versions of the same bike. Carburetor vs fuel injected, drum vs disk brakes. The result was a much lower-priced (half or less), probably very reliable bike. But no plates (only bill of sale). I ended up buying in San Diego. Happy I got the bike I did - ultra reliable. And a license plate. I ride it in the States from time to time.

My guess is you might have a similar experience in Baja Sur.

[Edited on 10-19-2019 by ZipLine]
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 08:24 PM

On the service issue, anything bigger than a pizza or farmacia bike here, warrants a real mechanic. Or, depending on the vehicle, its complexity, and your skill level, YouTube.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2019 at 06:05 AM

I have had good luck with service and getting parts from Honda Motos
Address: Blvd. Forjadores Esquina Sinaloa, 23040 La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
Phone: +52 612 129 5311

The always have several new ATV's on their showroom floor.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.