How long till he is free again???
Chaos until then, stay indoors

Es Todo Bueno
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 06:33 PM

And all day the cartel and army fought it out on streets of Culiacán like it was Beirut 1985.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 07:50 PM

Having my 52nd birthday party there for Leap Year! Love that city and it's people.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 09:03 PM

The REAL news is not so much his capture, as the ensuing firefight afterwards. You don't need to look at sites like Borderland Beat or Lineadirectaportal.com to get coverage. It's on sites like CNBC, BBC, NY Post, The Guardian. Very heavy fighting!!!!

No indication if it has stopped. The whole city was told to hunker down in place, as there was gunfire reported in several parts of the city. The cartels used burning trucks across highways to try and slow down police reinforcements.

Maybe it's time we stop paying so much attention to the Middle East and look at what's going on in Latin America.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 10-17-2019 at 09:17 PM

sounds like junior has been released!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 12:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

"El Chapo's son released after capture as violence erupts in Mexico's state of Sinaloa"

https://abc7.com/el-chapos-son-released-after-capture-as-vio...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 03:56 AM

What a crazy world.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 05:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

"El Chapo's son released after capture as violence erupts in Mexico's state of Sinaloa"

Set free from jail?.....Imagine that.

"Twenty prisoners were set free from jail, where they quickly joined the uprising, carjacking vehicles and taking off. Several have been re-captured, but others remain on the loose"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 05:25 AM

It appears that Mexican government/military released the chapo turd only after the cartel went wilding on a rampage thru the city. Mexico needs to control the cartels, and stamp them out, or Mexico will lose control of more states. Several states are now lawless land ruled by violent drug lords,...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 10:37 AM

I'm more concerned about going to a concert in Las Vegas or shopping at Walmart than I am about travelling to Culiacan.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

It appears that Mexican government/military released the chapo turd only after the cartel went wilding on a rampage thru the city. Mexico needs to control the cartels, and stamp them out, or Mexico will lose control of more states. Several states are now lawless land ruled by violent drug lords,...

Just couldn't imagine him being in jail long, the blowback was real quick and intense.
The difference between Mexico and the states is that he would of been shot dead up here right away.
Ovidio had to play a lot of his cards to get out, the $$$ trough needs to be fed again, everybody happy in Siniloa.
Plumo or Plata, the beat goes on.

Es Todo Bueno
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
The REAL news is not so much his capture, as the ensuing firefight afterwards. You don't need to look at sites like Borderland Beat or Lineadirectaportal.com to get coverage. It's on sites like CNBC, BBC, NY Post, The Guardian. Very heavy fighting!!!!

No indication if it has stopped. The whole city was told to hunker down in place, as there was gunfire reported in several parts of the city. The cartels used burning trucks across highways to try and slow down police reinforcements.

Maybe it's time we stop paying so much attention to the Middle East and look at what's going on in Latin America.

The intense gunfire and nasty response (Plumo)
With the same intensity, the $$$ flows too (Plata)
Quite the business model to overcome, no deal will out weigh the status quo of bureaucracies on this side of the border either.
just another perfect storm

Es Todo Bueno
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
I'm more concerned about going to a concert in Las Vegas or shopping at Walmart than I am about travelling to Culiacan.

spot on.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 03:55 PM

Latest scoreboard shows 8 dead

Tame stuff compared to Michoacán on Monday- 13 cops killed in ambush

Tuesday 14 bad guys killed by soldiers

Goat, as usual, has all the answers- just tell the cartel to cease and desist.

Right on.... then demand world peace, end to hunger and a 4 bedroom house for every homeless person.....
Some people have all the answers.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 04:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Latest scoreboard shows 8 dead

Tame stuff compared to Michoacán on Monday- 13 cops killed in ambush

Tuesday 14 bad guys killed by soldiers

Goat, as usual, has all the answers- just tell the cartel to cease and desist.

Right on.... then demand world peace, end to hunger and a 4 bedroom house for every homeless person.....
Some people have all the answers.....

You got me wrong. I think we should equip mex with cruise missles and small nukes, usa should provide satellite surveilance, and mexico should carpet bomb the cartels houses, ranches, neighborhoods, etc. Sshoot to kill, wipe the cartels out, no need for courts. Let the cartel blood flow

Woke!

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 07:17 PM

Having my 52nd birthday party there for Leap Year! Love that city and it's people.

I had my first Margarita there at Chapman's Motel! I was almost eighteen, had just graduated from high school that year, so my brother, another class mate and I headed for Manzanillo.

Culiacan was our first real stop because my parents had taken us there on our way south in the late 50's. Went duck hunting in the marshes with the motel owner the next day. You won't find me out in the sticks around there with a gun again!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 07:42 PM

State dept travel advisory for Sinaloa:

Sinaloa state – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime.

Violent crime is widespread. Criminal organizations are based and operating in Sinaloa state.

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

Mazatlan: U.S. government employees may travel by air or sea only. U.S. government employees are limited to the Zona Dorada and historic town center, and must use direct routes when traveling to and from those locations and the airport and cruise terminals.

Los Mochis and Topolobampo: U.S. government employees may travel by air or sea only. U.S. government employees are restricted to the city and the port, and must use direct routes when traveling between these locations and to and from the airport.

Woke!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 07:48 PM

The state dept Mexico summary....

Do Not Travel to:
Colima state due to crime.
Guerrero state due to crime.
Michoacán state due to crime.
Sinaloa state due to crime.
Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.

Woke!

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2019 at 08:37 PM

I guess you like people running around shooting others with 50 caliber sniper rifles and machine guns.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2019 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

I guess you like people running around shooting others with 50 caliber sniper rifles and machine guns.

They don't aim at innocent concert goers/shoppers/school children/church goers, etc. Been to Culiacan a number of times and felt very safe and the people were very welcoming.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.