Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Cartel Massacre
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 12:25 PM

Despite any possible nefarious activities of the Mormons....

NO ONE'S kid deserves to be set afire..

AMLO says hugs!!!......ok got that

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:13 PM

Good catch Harald! Well worth watching. I have spent time in and around Bavispe, met and talked to LeBaron family members.A number of books have been written about Ervil and his cult, and a feature film made. A fascinating and scary bunch.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

President Trump has offered to help the President of Mexico to rid them of these "monsters".

Just like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria? I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

John

None of those four were ever really a threat to our national security, as it turned out. Iraq probably came the closest, if you count a cessation in its oil output a threat to our national security.

I'm not sure I can say that about Mexico anymore.............much closer, too.

AMLO has apparently refused Trump's offer and basically said "Mexico can handle this problem".

Really? :?:

Here is the BBC story. The history of the family in Mexico, and their problems with the cartels, sounds like someone simply paraphrased what is listed in Wikipedia about them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50299562
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:56 PM

Embargo MX until they admit their failed State and allow US military in to eliminate the cartels. Send in the Marines.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Embargo MX until they admit their failed State and allow US military in to eliminate the cartels. Send in the Marines.

Wow, we are in the presence of a deep thinker with big ideas, real solutions... LOL
WhackAMolE
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:53 PM

AMLO had better wake up and smell the coffee. His "hugs not bullets" policy toward the cartels is failing. He needs to bring the perpetrators of this atrocity to justice and stand up to the cartels nationwide.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by WhackAMolE]
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:06 PM

NO ONE'S kid deserves to be separated from their parents and sleep in cages

Harald Pietschmann
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

President Trump has offered to help the President of Mexico to rid them of these "monsters".

Just like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria? I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

John

If Trump is stupid enough to send in the goons to screw up the country like all the rest of the US invaded nations and make it worse than it is, it won’t be safe for any US citizen in all of Mexico. Maybe we can start by removing their US market for drugs.Eighteen years in Afghanistan and being defeated by a bunch of goat herders and laying waste to Iraq, Syria, Libya should be enough of a lesson.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

and then win like in Lybia? Afghanistan? Irak?

Most importantly - cutting off the drug supply to the US might create an uprising there

Harald Pietschmann
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 05:14 PM

The LeBaron family is a real mix

We did business with Alma LeBaron, owner of Viveros LeBaron in Chihuahua. Great guy. Very honest. And a real gentleman.

Then there is Ervil LB - and he is on the opposite side of the spectrum, for sure.

I had not made this connection today, just was hearing news flashes on the radio and feeling really bad for the "innocent" family.

Seeing the LeBaron name puts it into a whole new perspective.
Hate to judge, as I say, I personally know a real classy family member, but which tribe was on the road....
and then again, does the cartel even care???

Yes, I had some dialogue months ago with Elinvesitg8r and he said that he had worked for Alma and counted him as a real friend.

Trump gets a chance to bluster, AMLO gets a chance to pontificate, and nothing will change.... zero/zip/nada.....
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 06:19 PM

https://www.eldiariodechihuahua.mx/estado/asesinan-en-enfren...

https://www.facebook.com/julian.lebaron/posts/10218390341383...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/attack-in-mexico-survivor-hid-s...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 06:21 PM

Never knew of the connection that the video showed. There are so many hands in the drug trade and many of them are American, not just the users.., Sad when women and children are the target for any reason.
WhackAMolE
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 07:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
NO ONE'S kid deserves to be separated from their parents and sleep in cages

This seems a little off-topic. The cages Trump put kids in were built by Obama and for exactly the same purpose. Obama had a humongous humanitarian crisis on the southern border from 2014 onward and handled it just as badly as Trump did. It's hypocritical when anyone gets outraged at Trump putting kids in cages and separating families. That's exactly what Obama did. In fact Obama did happen to put fewer kids in cages (to protect them from sexual predators) long enough to determine if the adults with them were actually their parents. Instead, Obama tended to just turn the kids over to sex traffickers. You can look all this chit up.

None of this is relevant to the story at hand but anyone who pays attention to US-Mexican politics can not claim to be ignorant of Obama's 2014 border crisis. In fact most of the Twitter and Instagram viral posts of "kids in cages" that purport to be Trump's kids in cages are actually Obama's kids in cages.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 07:28 PM
No Need for U.S. Troops

Send in Rudy Giuliani. He's between assignments at the moment.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
As more details emerge, it may be more religion related than drugs...we shall see

My first thought.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 07:50 AM

study up on how the mormons ended up settling in that area on land stolen from peasants by the governor of chihuahua, and how similar events led to the revolution. polygamy was a small part of the story.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 08:05 AM

Yes, you should....
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by WhackAMolE  

The cages Trump put kids in were built by Obama and for exactly the same purpose. Obama had a humongous humanitarian crisis on the southern border from 2014 onward and handled it just as badly as Trump did. It's hypocritical when anyone gets outraged at Trump putting kids in cages and separating families. That's exactly what Obama did. In fact Obama did happen to put fewer kids in cages (to protect them from sexual predators) long enough to determine if the adults with them were actually their parents. Instead, Obama tended to just turn the kids over to sex traffickers. You can look all this chit up.

None of this is relevant to the story at hand but anyone who pays attention to US-Mexican politics can not claim to be ignorant of Obama's 2014 border crisis. In fact most of the Twitter and Instagram viral posts of "kids in cages" that purport to be Trump's kids in cages are actually Obama's kids in cages.

Trying to spew disinformation and lies to normalize the orange cult leader's behavior is thankfully becoming less effective...

True the cages were from Obama's time.

Not true that Obama and Trump are the same, when it comes to family separation and other nonsense about "Obama tended to just turn the kids over to sex traffickers." (You actually believe that?)

The thousands of children separated from their parents last year were separated entirely due to extreme Trump policies, and thanks to XXJasonXX Stephen Miller.

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by BajaNaranja]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 09:21 AM

As the Onion peels back; its been told that there are more than 12 polygamous groups residing in the Sonora region.
Utah has to be buzzing.

If I tried to join one, the blue eyed threat of my doing so would be my demise though. They don't share well.

Es Todo Bueno
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 09:22 AM
Interesting details on the tragedy

If we can limp away from the politics long enough to return to the subject.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/world/americas/mexico-mor...

Neither NBC nor CBS mentioned the name LeBaron on the news last night. I found that interesting.

As usual, the Mexican government will find a couple of "stooges" to arrest, parade around and then they will "disappear" and another case will be solved....
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.