Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: Cartel Massacre
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 01:46 PM
Some may recall this

Mexico’s Vigilante Militias Rout the Knights Templar Drug Cartel

https://ctc.usma.edu/mexicos-vigilante-militias-rout-the-kni...

And they did a damn good job .. back 5-6 years ago

Good enough the Federal Government decided that the Army and/or the LE and/or the Judical System could keep things the way they were at THAT time ... and then they turned in their GUNS ... The PEOPLE did :lol::lol:

See that some growers are still fighting with the "guys" in the clubs

With a government like this ... I feel sorry for the Mexican people ... once again

Add an article which is allowed under their Constitution a citizen has the right to keep and bear arms :biggrin::biggrin:

It might have some effect ... just saying

[Edited on 11-8-2019 by wessongroup]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 04:35 PM

Of Course more guns would help...Look how well it has worked in the USA!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 04:41 PM

Solutions to violence:
Matriarchy
Decrease testosterone levels
Take away the guns

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The mormon polygamous cult members are outlaws. The cult moved to mexico because their illegal activities were not tolerated in usa.

The mormon cult communities in mexico are lawless patriarchies run by dictators, they are undemocratic dictatorships that abuse women.
I would not be surprised if they were competing with cartels over some illegal economic activity.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I agree with you on this one.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 05:02 PM

If these unfortunate women and kids had brown skin, media reaction would differ greatly.

[Edited on 11-9-2019 by pacificobob]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 05:21 PM

I think it mattered that they are still American citizens, and not skin color.

How to know it was citizenship over skin color in media reporting before is when there are "Americans" killed in Mexico (by police or drug people), reported on the news (to make Mexico seem like the most dangerous place on earth). You read more, and discover these were indeed American citizens but with Spanish names dealing in drugs. Possibly with family members of a drug cartel? So, the brown skin has nothing to do with what is reported, but the citizenship does.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2019 at 10:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Of Course more guns would help...Look how well it has worked in the USA!

Got any examples of Cartel violence in the United States the same as this example which is being discussed ?

Or perhaps an equivalent incident in the United States like this one

El Chapo: Mexican police free drug lord's son as Culiacán battle erupts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50092641

[Edited on 11-9-2019 by wessongroup]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 07:01 AM

The gun nuts think guns = freedom.
That’s just stupidity.

Lots of countries have freedom without guns, without needless gun deaths.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 07:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  

Got any examples of Cartel violence in the United States the same as this example which is being discussed ?

No, a lot of the massacres in the US are far worse. How about Sandy Hook or Las Vegas or Thousand Oaks?

We don't need cartels for our mass shootings. Cartels can be handled by law enforcement, lone gunmen with high capacity magazines not so much.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 08:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

No, a lot of the massacres in the US are far worse. How about Sandy Hook or Las Vegas or Thousand Oaks?

We don't need cartels for our mass shootings. Cartels can be handled by law enforcement, lone gunmen with high capacity magazines not so much.

John

There is a a gun cartel, it is the USA gun mfg/sellers cartel, led by NRA and a few other NRA wanna-bes.
The gun cartel foments gun violence...

Woke!

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

There is a a gun cartel, it is the USA gun mfg/sellers cartel, led by NRA and a few other NRA wanna-bes.
The gun cartel foments gun violence...

And don't forget those nasty rock slings...Goliath never saw that coming.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 08:52 AM

Used to see the hanging bodies when coming up to cross the border back in 2009-2011

As for mass killings ... Mexico is no slouch IMO .. and the civilians DON'T have guns

Nuevo León mass graves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuevo_León_mass_graves

Here a list of mass murders in Mexico .... see if one can find the same numbers within the history of the United States that get even close

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Mexico

One may wish to compare the Mexican list, to the mass murders list in the United States

Of note mass murder's in Mexico are tracked all the way back to 1835 .. the United States starts tracking in 1920

And for the illegal shipments to Mexico of guns purchased in the United States ... so what ... How much: Fentyenal, Heroin, Meth, and Coke/crack is coming across our borders to the south and creating a public health issue in the USA that is spiraling out of control

Check the numbers from the CDC ... "More than 399,000 people died from overdoses involving any opioid, including prescription and illicit opioids from 1999-2017.6"

That works out to around 40,000 dead per year here in the United States ... much worst than mass shootings numbers significantly IMO and that is just from usage ... not involved with storage, transportation, distribution and sales at the bottom end of "drug" usage

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/analysis.html

[Edited on 11-9-2019 by wessongroup]
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I think it mattered that they are still American citizens, and not skin color.

How to know it was citizenship over skin color in media reporting before is when there are "Americans" killed in Mexico (by police or drug people), reported on the news (to make Mexico seem like the most dangerous place on earth). You read more, and discover these were indeed American citizens but with Spanish names dealing in drugs. Possibly with family members of a drug cartel? So, the brown skin has nothing to do with what is reported, but the citizenship does.

David, if you are trying to make a point, it is always best to start with facts, and educating yourself on the background.
First they had dual citizenship,

second, although they are identified in media reports as being "mormon" in fact they are a fundamentalist group that broke away from the LDS church in the 1800s when the "mormons" (who have asked not to be called that anymore) walked away from polygamy in essence as a trade for statehood. This group set up a compound in mexico in the 1920's. This particular group calls themselves "the Church of the Firstborn".

This group broke away went to Mexico and set up their community (similar to the Colorado city group on the Utah / Az border, or the FDLS group lead by Jeffs (i'm not saying each group has the same beliefs / behaviors, I'm simply tracing their origin in history).

and do you have ANY source that even suggests this group is involved in the drug trade, or in bed with the cartels? because everything I see says exactly the opposite, that they are essentially locked in a death struggle with them.

Take a few minutes and look at this on site report from the Vice, it might help educate you, and illuminate your understanding of the situation, and the history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIyaIHsJbc

educations is your friend! it's not scary, it's not hard!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 10:33 AM

Most of what you said is wrong , caj...
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 10:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Most of what you said is wrong , caj...

Please educate me, and provide references please, what did I say that is wrong - specifically?

If I am lacking in the facts, I want to know, and be provided the actual facts

thankyou
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 10:58 AM

At least while you guys are arguing you could get your facts straight.

"To keep and bear arms was first recognized as a constitutional right through Article 10 of the Mexican Constitution of 1857: ... Article 10 of the 1857 Constitution gave citizens the right to keep and bear arms, both in their homes and in public for their security and defense."

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 11:19 AM

Please....don't complicate this discussion with facts.....

you know: "accurate information" :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 01:09 PM

What GED said...
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 01:58 PM

Oh no - you too Chuckie?

You flat out stated I was wrong on my facts, I have politely asked for you to let me know where I was wrong - because I certainly don't want to be posting false info.

If I'm wrong - please let me know, what info I posted is wrong, and a source for the correct info, please.

Not that hard, right? and a great learning opportunity for myself and maybe some others here!
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2019 at 03:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
At least while you guys are arguing you could get your facts straight.

"To keep and bear arms was first recognized as a constitutional right through Article 10 of the Mexican Constitution of 1857: ... Article 10 of the 1857 Constitution gave citizens the right to keep and bear arms, both in their homes and in public for their security and defense."

This Article has seen many changes over the decades.

The Federal Government "defines"and enforces the: who, what where, when and why, at this time

"Reform to Article 10 in 1971[edit]
Fifty-four years later, Article 10 was reformed to its actual text in force today:

(original text) Artículo 10: Los habitantes de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos tienen derecho a poseer armas en su domicilio, para seguridad y legítima defensa, con excepción de las prohibidas por la ley federal y de las reservadas para el uso exclusivo del Ejército, Armada, Fuerza Aérea y Guardia Nacional. La ley federal determinará los casos, condiciones, requisitos y lugares en que se podrá autorizar a los habitantes la portación de armas.[21]

(translation) Article 10: The inhabitants of the United Mexican States have the right to keep arms in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, with the exception of those prohibited by federal law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National Guard. Federal law will determine the cases, conditions, requirements, and places in which the carrying of arms will be authorized to the inhabitants.

Reformed Article 10 limited citizens' constitutional right to keeping arms in their homes only. Additionally, carrying firearms outside the home (in public) was no longer a right but a privilege federal law would regulate and authorize on a case-by-case basis. With this reform came the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives which limited civilians' legal access to a few small-caliber guns while reserving most types and calibers to the government (i.e., police and military)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_Mexico#...

Even with restrictive gun laws ... Some just don't play by laws and regulations ... It is a fact
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.