Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: New Baja toy
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 12:26 PM
New Baja toy

Taking bicycling to another level.

https://riderungu.com/2253-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpanOqK7g5QIV...

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 12:44 PM

Those rigs are sure popular....different rules /model for trailriding with and without motor assist.... :coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 01:00 PM

It is a sign of the end of the world when fat and lazy people start buying motorcycles and pretend they are bicycles.

Other signs of the end of the world: surfboards with electric propulsion, electric skateboards, moving sidewalks, electric scooters, healthy people with handicap placards in their cars, etc.

Couch potatoes have taken over the world, fit and energetic people have been reduced to a minority, the world discriminates again non-lazy people.

Luckily, fat people still have skinny people to do all the work, pay all the taxes, and be nannies for the the fat and lazy.

[Edited on 11-10-2019 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 01:25 PM

Goat......so how much do you weigh?

If you are one of the skinny guys, thank you.
If you are one of the fat lazy guys, move over a bit: this couch has limited space.

I must admit, I was imagining how you would respond to Lee's glee....thanks for your consistent predictability.:biggrin:

However, I acknowledge that I am myself plagued with some of your attitudes....and am committed to overcoming them before I die....they pollute my consciousness .

Oh, and while you are up, could you bring me a pint of coffee Haagen Daaz (sp?)...now that there is more room on the couch...

Don't believe everything you think....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 01:39 PM

Reminds me of a saying,,

When you're young your "mind is broad and your hip are narrow" and
when people get old, it reverses..

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 06:16 PM

Love our fat tire ebikes. They are going to be fun in Baja.

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 06:34 PM

how far can you travel with one charge?

Harald Pietschmann
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
how far can you travel with one charge?

It depends on how much you pedal, power assist level, and the terrain. Something like 25 - 45 miles they say on the website.

kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 07:48 PM

Goat,
You're broad stroking this.
#1 Wife is a life-long bike lover but for a decade has suffered with rheumatoid arthritis, and had to quit riding.... now with her e-bike she rides with me for hours of happiness.
#2... An older Vietnam vet with war-related injuries quit riding. Now with his e-bike he's up to speed with our group of guys in Tacoma WA for weekly 40 miles rides.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 09:42 AM

The national park trail system is being proposed for their usage also.

Es Todo Bueno
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 11:41 AM

Not dissing ebikes, but this one is a pig. A pricey tricycle pig. On the low end 54 pounds; the Rubicon model weighs in at 117 pounds. And I thought my Santa Cruz Bullit was heavy at 40 pounds.

bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 03:48 PM

https://riderungu.com/2253-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpanOqK7g5QIV...

Why do they call it a bicycle? Bicycles have 2 wheels. I hope we don't see these on single track trails, it will have the same effect as the shift from ATV's to UTV's, turning the trails into roads.

That being said, I love my e-mountain bike for Baja. It doesn't get bogged down in the sand, and has the torque to push over the rough terrain that would stop my regular mountain bike.

I'm 73 years old and still riding thanks to the e-bike.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 04:55 PM

I'm calling it a bicycle but on second thought it's more than that.

I can see that fat tires are a boon and especially great in sand. Don't need the ebike yet and think I get more exercise with my REI Marin. I like pedaling. For distance, though, definitely see the benefit of electric and fat tires for certain terrain.

What a great idea. They're not cheap!

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 05:38 PM

I am 72, and even if I got my body in the best shape possible at this point in my life, my cardio output will always be limited.

One of those high dollar tricycles would allow me to have an adventure that is out of reach for me with pedal power!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Goat......so how much do you weigh?

If you are one of the skinny guys, thank you.
If you are one of the fat lazy guys, move over a bit: this couch has limited space.

I must admit, I was imagining how you would respond to Lee's glee....thanks for your consistent predictability.:biggrin:

However, I acknowledge that I am myself plagued with some of your attitudes....and am committed to overcoming them before I die....they pollute my consciousness .

Oh, and while you are up, could you bring me a pint of coffee Haagen Daaz (sp?)...now that there is more room on the couch...

MotoG, owe you a cervesa for that!
He can't see/find his pecker anymore, even with a mirror!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 05:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  
That being said, I love my e-mountain bike for Baja. It doesn't get bogged down in the sand, and has the torque to push over the rough terrain that would stop my regular mountain bike.

What brand/model do you have? Sounds like good performance.

John
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 08:00 PM

Id buy a motorcycle for those prices
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

What brand/model do you have? Sounds like good performance.

John

My bike is a 2016 Bulls 650 EFS 2. It's a German made bike with 27.5" x 3" tires. There are probably newer models out now, plus there are more American made offerings (by Trek, Specialized, etc). I has a 16.5 V 500 watt/hour battery.

If I ride it 10 miles on a Baja dirt road, it usually uses about 1-2 bars out of 5 on the battery level indicator, and takes approx. 1 hr to charge with my Honda 2200 generator. I usually charge my wifes battery at the same time.

It''s much quieter than a dirt bike, plus your not as likely to hurt yourself and burn your leg, not to mention the aerobic exercise. I ride mostly on Eco level power so that it still gets my heart pumping.

[Edited on 11-12-2019 by bajarich]
kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2019 at 08:59 AM

Study shows an e-mountain bike gives almost as strenuous of a workout as a traditional bike, but riding one doesn’t feel like tough exercise:

Do e-bikes really give you a workout? Here’s what BYU researchers say

[Edited on 11-12-2019 by kiterkip]
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2019 at 09:59 AM

My bike is a 2016 Bulls 650 EFS 2. It's a German made bike with 27.5" x 3" tires. There are probably newer models out now, plus there are more American made offerings (by Trek, Specialized, etc). I has a 16.5 V 500 watt/hour battery.

I don't think you will find an American made ebike of any kind. Trek and Specialized might be US based companies but everything is made in Asia. You probably have a Bosch motor that is 500watts or less. Ours are 75 0watts Bafang from China but sold by a Seattle based company with good support - https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-electric-fat...

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.