Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hotel Angra Loreto.. dog friendly
greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 07:54 PM
Hotel Angra Loreto.. dog friendly

Stayed here last week on our drive down. We liked the place. We travel with a 65 lb GSD. Hotel Angra had enclosed locked parking. At least in late OCtober there was lots of room even if you have a truck and trailer. The room was 1050p incl tax, no dog fee. The room was decent size, the king bed was very comfortable and it had a great shower. The website said English spoken but it was her day off. The 2 front desk girls were Spanish only but smiled, laughed as a butchered their language. They also had a piece of paper translating all she tried to tell me which was really just details about parking and breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was just toast, jam butter, fruit, cereal and coffee. Fine with us. It was walking distance to the old part of town that was just for pedestrians and down to the malecon. We like Hotel Angra and would stay again.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 09:44 PM

Thanks for the report! I travel with a dog and it is good to know where they are allowed.

By the way...what is a GSD?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 10:34 PM

German Shepard Dog.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 07:32 AM

I was happy to find Hotel Angra. We have stayed at La Huerta in San Ignacio. Also good with a. Dog. It’s 47 usd plus 10 for the dog. They were full and we were tired. So it was nice finding the place in Loreto. We like to stay within a budget. When travelling vs staying put on a vacation, we like to stay under 70 usd. Preferably 35-55. Usually easy to do in mexico. Travelling with a German shepherd always gets a little bit of a grimaced smile from the Mexican adults. Kid come right up and ask if she is friendly and can they pet her. She is super sweet and love any kid wanting to play. In the states people either love her or cross the street to avoid us. She is well trained. Hotels.com has a good filter when looking for places that take dogs.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 08:21 AM

Good info, would be nice to make a post or area that users could check to find dog friendly hotels?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
German Shepard Dog.

Thanks for this... Who otherwise knew what a GSD was? I owned two GSDs and this was news to me, LOL!

I stayed at the Angra when I was in Loreto in 2017. It was nice as reported but roosters crowing and yard dogs barking from midnight on prevented good sleeping for me.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 01:43 PM

hola,

coming and going to los barriles from los angeles, i always stay at HOTEL ANGRA in loreto reserving a room just for me well in advance.

ana is the nicest person and speaks flawless english and she and her father are the most acomodating owner operators.

room sizes are all very large, have wifi, and super clean.

great spacious, gated parking that is locked at night and opened at around 7 a.m. and if you are leaving earlier, they will make sure it's open for you.

walking distance to restaurants and the malecon and is one block off the main drag so very little, if any road noise.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 03:21 PM

Yes, nice folks and a Pemex station is right across the street from the place making it great for travelers.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 04:39 PM

hola dk,

if we are talking about the same hotel, the pemex station is a block south of the HOTEL ANGRA i am writing about, NOT across the street and one cannot hear any noise or traffic.

please be so kind to clarify as saying having a pemex across the street will drive people away from this fine boutique hotel due to the noise factor.

THERE IS NO PEMEX STATION ACROSS THE STREET FROM HOTEL ANGRA !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 04:49 PM

Stayed at the Angra couple years ago and it was good. As written, large room, good bed. Breakfast was OK. Ana is great.

The Pemex down the street is ''the'' recommended station in town -- read that somewhere and not sure why. Think it was about credit cards.

I prefer Coco's but if it was full would choose Angra.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 06:40 PM

Yes, it is down the block and across the street. There was no noise from the station, I never said there was. The definite noise was from neighborhood roosters that began crowing a little after midnight plus the barking dogs. This was in February 2017. There was no fault on the hotel as they have no control over their neighbors animals. It is a good place, nice rooms, and safe parking.

greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 07:05 PM

At least on the night we stayed there, nov 3, a Sunday , we did not hear any roosters or dogs, or traffic and I am a princess when it comes to sleep, I always have my earplugs on the nightstand just in case and I didnt use them . We really liked the place as did my dog. I am happy you all now know what a GSD is. I guess I am around so many German shepherd people it was a natural for me. We stayed in Bahia de Los Angeles yrs ago. I forgot where we stayed. But they let us have our German shepherd there as long as we didnt leave her alone. When we got there the grandmother was very nervous about her, but by the next day when we were left she was sitting and smiling while she petted the dog. That particular dog was from a family of comfort dogs so it was her nature.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 07:39 PM

I always thought GSD was “getting chit done.”

Our dogs are half-breeds, mongrels, mutts; we have no need for adjectives, breeds names or acronyms with fancy upper case letters. We just refer to them as “dogs.”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 08:29 PM

I have a 90 pound ABSSHD (American bulldog / some sort of hound dog)

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2019 at 09:00 PM

I had a SD (Samoyed), two GSDs, and a GRD (Golden Retriever).

greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2019 at 08:52 AM

We have had our share of AAM.. all American mutt.. I write GSD cuz I am lazy. Up north there are rentals and hotels that have a “not welcome” list. Our “GSD” is sometimes not welcome. Anyone that has had one knows they can be very high energy so its great when the hotel has a big lot to run in or something close by, The point of stating the type of dog was to point out how welcoming and open Mexicans can be compared to some places up north. And how much I love my particular dog (actually most dogs) and how happy I am when I find a dog welcoming hotel. The Angra fit the bill on all points. Everyone we encountered there was very nice
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by greta-inbaja  
The point of stating the type of dog was to point out how welcoming and open Mexicans can be compared to some places up north.

Doubt MX welcomes dogs because they like dogs. Think many gringoes travel with dogs so being dog friendly means more money.

Pricier hotels (for example, La Paz malecon area) don't allow dogs. I can understand why. In searching hotel/motel reviews, I'm dismayed at the number of guest photos showing their dog on the bed.

I base my above generalization on how I see dogs treated in Baja, which is not good.

A no pet policy is meaningless to me. I think it's all negotiable. I'm up front about my dog, offer to pay extra, and promise the dog won't be on the bed or furniture. Works for me.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2019 at 02:25 PM

I agree Lee, we always bring our dog’s bed or mat in the room for her to sleep on, I put another mat or towel under her water dish. I get bummed when I see people not be responsible for their dogs. Dog people need to also realize not everyone loves dogs. So I also dont let her go running up to people uninvited. In La Paz we usually stay on the main road kinda north end of town. Basic, but a decent bed, hot shower and secure parking. One place we stay , I have never seen another dog or another gringo. We have stayed there for yrs.
I dont think most Mexicans love dogs especially big, scary looking dogs. That was my point. They still will take us and usually. Try to make friends with our dog. Many times up north people will not come near us or our dog unless they are big dog people. Up north hotels.com has a decent filter when looking for dog friendly rooms.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2019 at 03:00 PM

I use Bring Fido up N. for pet friendly motels. Always stay La Quinta if there is one around.

I see Truckee in your sig line. Had lunch at the Bar of America in Truckee a month ago. It was great.

F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-13-2019 at 03:58 PM

My GD (gosh darnn) dogs dont like sleeping on the floor if a comfy people bed is available.
Migrate from floor to bed when masters are asleep or away and not watching.
Aren't most GD dogs the same?

just cover the bed w/ a sheet, makes it easy to keep dirt off bed.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.