Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Tropical Storm Raymond
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2019 at 08:10 PM
Tropical Storm Raymond

Possibly hitting us on the East Cape Sunday and Monday.
http://eebmike.com/

"I'm too young to be this old!"
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2019 at 05:41 AM

Interesting this late in the season.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-16-2019 at 06:46 AM

Might not even make it to the tip. Many factors working against it.
kiterkip
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2019 at 08:29 AM

Dang! We arrive at SJD on Sunday at 3PM followed by a 1 hour drive up to Los Barriles. Any vados, or bad stretches I should be worried about?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-16-2019 at 10:00 AM

Not really a worry, but the drainage in Los Barriles is right down the center of the street! Topes are added to slow the flow to the sea, so expect some pooling up if it is a good shower.

I don't recall any trouble spots on Mex 1, but I don't spend much time south of L.B. I would definitely avoid the coastal route that passes through Cabo Pulmo.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2019 at 10:11 AM

Ageed Hook, Forecasters are seldom correct for these storms. I saw another forecast showing it going East today.
Just looked again. 1st one at 2am here's one from 8am

Track has moved west - 2pm update

[Edited on 11-16-2019 by Russ]

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-17-2019 at 03:29 PM

the swell is building here fast right now in BAhia Asuncion...clouds starting to move in too...hey maybe we will get some rain!!!!! hopin...

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-17-2019 at 04:47 PM

Lots of rain last night (early morning) in Loreto. Off and on light rain today. Very little to almost no wind.

Yesterday was gorgeous, water was flat as a pancake with water temps in the 77-78 range and dropping. Saw 2 or 3 Humpback whales a couple of days ago. They called them Ballena Jorobada.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2019 at 05:42 PM

Although the "cone" shows the storm track going over the Baja peninsula, the actual satellite view shows it turning hard right and headed for the mainland, north of Puerto Vallarta.

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2019 at 07:01 PM

Pouring rain on and off all day. Started overnite, Saturday. No wind to speak of. Talk Baja reports Cabo San Jose Airport is closed and problems in Loreto . Photos at 11;00
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 05:48 AM

Light rain this morning

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 07:37 AM

Pouring hard again here in Lopez Mateos right now.
Was fine and dry at 6am. Very dark now with some wind.
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Although the "cone" shows the storm track going over the Baja peninsula, the actual satellite view shows it turning hard right and headed for the mainland, north of Puerto Vallarta.

Spot on DaliDali! I kept comparing the "cone" and the actual satellite view and decided to ignore the "cone". We had a light sprinkle here (La Aguja) on Saturday afternoon and some light rain Sunday morning - must have been just an outer band passing over us. Kind of a fine mist here this morning when you step outside. Can see it raining out in the Pacific though right now.

RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalinda  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Spot on DaliDali! I kept comparing the "cone" and the actual satellite view and decided to ignore the "cone". We had a light sprinkle here (La Aguja) on Saturday afternoon and some light rain Sunday morning - must have been just an outer band passing over us. Kind of a fine mist here this morning when you step outside. Can see it raining out in the Pacific though right now.

Too late now, but always read the "discussion" that accompanies the "cone track" in the NHC forecast. The storm did exactly what the forecaster predicted.

The cone predicts the path of the center eye of the storm where the highest winds are associated. The satelite sees the rain/cloud cover associated with the circulation.

The discussion stated that the storm would be torn in half vertically by high level westerly shearing winds.

The "cone" tracked the low level, ground effect, winds that cause structural damage and storm surge. The low level center tracked up the west side of the Baja peninsula, as predicted.

The satelite saw the tops of the upper level rain clouds. The upper half of the storm and the rain clouds were pushed off to the east by the westerly winds and headed for the mainland, also as predicted.

The NHC stopped tracking the storm after it tore apart and called it "dissipated" or a "remnant low". However, all of the entrained moisture still has to come down somewhere as rain.

The NHC warned of the potential for flash flooding and up to 10" of rain. We got 5+ inches on the East Cape. Not too scientific. Just what was in a 5 gallon bucket out in the yard.

Some meterologist type may want to expound on this layperson analysis, so have at it.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 10:40 AM

my pool filled 1 inch

no drainage from the deck into the pool

mulege on the bay

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 12:26 PM

Clouds came in this morning about 10:00am. Been raing since then 12:30. Thot we were done down here in Pescadero/TS but looks like light rain on and off this afternoon. Lots of puddles here in Huerta and muddy roads. Love it. Tio:bounce:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 03:23 PM

NEWS FLASH....MIRACLE IN ASUNCION....it actually rained a bit last night for about an hour...enough to wet the gardens and make the desert smell glorious and give us a rainbow this morning!

Looked like the lobster fishermen was gonna find gold in his trap!

the swell came up yesterday making it tough to swim & filling our bikinis with sand!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2019 at 04:28 PM

What a beautiful rainbow.

We arrived to puddles on our porch here is La Bocana BCS but it must have been a light rain.

We only had sprinkles after catavina but closer to Guerrero Negro we saw an amazing light show towards Santa Rosalia. So much lightning!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Rodgero

[*] posted on 11-19-2019 at 05:06 PM

Any pictures of the flooding in Los Bariles? I heard they got 6" of rain!
queseyo

[*] posted on 11-19-2019 at 05:58 PM

Short downpour with thunder and lightning last night in LTO to add to a good 2 day storm total. Anybody got a guess how much we got? I'm thinking >3" but queséyo? Lots of standing water in town, short flow in arroyo San Telmo below the falls this AM. Green and getting greener!

[Edited on 11-20-2019 by queseyo]

"Just remember; we're all here because we're not all there." Unknown Nomad
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.