Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Current Safety Status?
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-18-2019 at 11:15 PM

bajajoaquin, thanks for clearing things up. I would make this trips about her and the kids. You'll get your surf in. Hit Jardines on the way down, eat at Jardines or Eucalipto (eucalipto is better). Parcela 12 for breakfast. Camp where your wife is the most comfortable, my wife wanted to be away, most would like some company. The H2O will be cold, does she need a wetsuit?
There are some great beachcombing spots where I think you are going. Long walks on the beach cathering "objects de art" should be collected every day with the kids. Bring plenty of stuff for the kids to do. Shower is a must, a pump yard sprayer with hot water will make you a hero. Get her a Lady J, keeps pee off her feet. Cook and clean a lot, let her enjoy the time with less time doing chores. Hotel on the way home! The goal is to make sure she wants to return.
On the last day of 2 weeks at Scorpion Bay when they were building the forms for the first bar. We are sitting having a post surf coffee with the truck packed up. She looks a me and says "I'll never come back here". I ask why not. she looks me dead in the eyes and says "They are paving paradise, F this place".
She had never camped before meeting me and we camped for 32+ years together. Making sure she had a good time was always foremost. Once you get your wife there and past her worries, you'll be fine. Take some of her favorite snacks and candy to give her in the middle of your stay, really good bottles of wine also are also a plus.

PM if you would likr other ideas.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-19-2019 at 09:32 AM

Mexico Safe Flow Chart.jpg - 53kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-20-2019 at 07:57 PM

https://reporterourbanobcs.com/asaltan-a-usuarios-de-la-via-...

You peeps are ignoring this and saying everything is safe and secure as long as the wife is inebriated and comfortable, eh?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-20-2019 at 11:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

You peeps are ignoring this and saying everything is safe and secure as long as the wife is inebriated and comfortable, eh?

Goat.....you missed out the bit about a guy buying an appliance for his wife so she doesn't pee on her feet. How can you suggest they aren't being considerate of all the issues. :?:

If I am not mistaken, no women have responded from their perspective as to how to manage a coerced camping trip...

Don't believe everything you think....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:52 AM

I read other reports that these people were known to each other and it was not random.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2019 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

I read other reports that these people were known to each other and it was not random.

Doesn't really matter if they knew each other or not if you come upon this incident while it is happening does it.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2019 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

This stupid chart has been around for many years as an advertisement by the timeshare people. New career DK?
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-21-2019 at 08:35 AM

Motoged, My wife camped with me in Baja for 34 years, we would dry camp for weeks at a time. She had never camped until we met. I made sure that her trip as comfortable as possible. I don't hear much about your wife traveling to Baja. If she did you might understand how important not peeing on your feet is.

I was attempting to get bajajoaquin to think of a family trip differently than his trips previous. His wife needs to have great time, that responsibility is his. As he caters to her and her concerns the more likely she is to return.

I hope bajajoaquin is able to convince his wife to go with him.

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 11-21-2019 at 10:17 AM

If you think she will be nervous, cross San Ysidro and take the road directly to the beaches / toll roads. I like to cross in the morning. I personally feel "safe" once I am south of Maneadero. And it is not that I feel in danger, just that the congested roads with foreign driving styles makes me nervous. If you are jittery about crossing back into USA, I suggest heading to an entrance east of Otay, out of the TJ vicinity. Even better, if you travel internationally a lot, get Global Entry/SENTRI passes to avoid the normal crossing altogether.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.