Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9
Author: Subject: JT Rubicon build for camping and the trail
Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2020 at 10:30 PM

^^ Another post giving credence to the popular belief that mtgoat666's real name in Richard Cranium.

Seriously Dude, get a life.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 10:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

Seriously Dude, get a life.

In my circles, it's called, "JEEP ENVY":lol:

[Edited on 1-22-2020 by Ken Cooke]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 10:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I recommend you travel with an assortment of zip ties, duct tape, hose clamps and super glue.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2020 at 09:57 PM

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-26-2020 at 05:33 AM

Lot's of Jeeps and a couple of Tacomas for good measure...
I didn't hear you very well so I may have missed it, but I didn't know where Berdoo Canyon was until I Googled it... About 5 miles northeast of Indio looks to be the start? Were you one of four Gladiators and was the camera inside one of them yours?
Is there a Part 2 to finish the run as I noticed the map showed a "Goal" you were headed for?
Thanks! Keep on Jeep'n!

[Edited on 1-27-2020 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2020 at 09:59 PM

I described the trail run that I have led since about 2000 on the Explorer Forum and Off-road.com. A Cherokee required towing, so I volunteered. The run ended at Park Blvd and Geology Tour Road. Part two will likely be in early April up in Big Bear, CA as a Gladiator-only event!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2020 at 05:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Part two will likely be in early April up in Big Bear, CA as a Gladiator-only event!

My buddy has a place a Green Valley Lake and rides all the trails up there. What route are you taking in April? Or, if you have any trails you're interested in knowing about, I can ask my bud.

John
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2020 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Part two will likely be in early April up in Big Bear, CA as a Gladiator-only event!

My buddy has a place a Green Valley Lake and rides all the trails up there. What route are you taking in April? Or, if you have any trails you're interested in knowing about, I can ask my bud.

John

I just requested that we run Gold Mountain. Another guy requested John Bull, but most Gladiators are mild builds making John Bull a no-no. Quinn from All J Products will be setting up the routes for us. I just need to reserve a hotel room for the weekend.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2020 at 11:05 PM

Here is a video that I uploaded to YouTube showing a steep, sandy climb that took very little effort. The run was in mid January before this route was closed to visitors.

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 12:37 PM

Hope to see your Jeep Gladiator in Baja, soon!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 03:10 PM

That's a good looking and performing rig for sure. Nice work!

John
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2020 at 07:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

When insurance is less than $1,000/year annual for full coverage. Until then, my 2003 will do just fine.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 09:04 AM

Well, for one trip you don't need an annual policy. Having so much cargo room for a Baja trip is why I like having a truck bed behind the 4-door cab. Baby steps, but get that beautiful Jeep truck south of the border and away from paved roads! ;)

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 09:16 AM

When insurance is less than $1,000/year annual for full coverage. Until then, my 2003 will do just fine.

Have you checked the prices on Discover Baja's site? They have a policy that is good for 120 days of travel in an annual policy. Good for most people that do several trips throughout the year, but don't live there. Check it out...

I did a quote based on 40K value and it was about $500. The carriers are HDI and CHUBB.

From their website:

Annual Club Rate - BEST ANNUAL RATE ON THE MARKET
This Annual Policy is good for any 120 days within the 12 month policy period - perfect for multiple trips to Mexico throughout the year.
This special Club Rate is designed for people who drive to Mexico multiple times throughout the year, but do not leave the vehicle in Mexico for the entire year. As long as the vehicle is in Mexico for less than a total of 121 days (4 months) throughout the year, this is the best product for you! If your vehicle will be in Mexico for a total of more than 120 days within the annual policy period, you will need to purchase our discounted Annual 365 Day Policy.

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 09:26 AM
Good news Pacifico

Thanks for the heads up and posting some sort of price guide.

We've used Baja Bound for a good number of years but I think those prices you posted are considerably more favorable. And, it'll be time to renew soon as travel opens up.

John M
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 09:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

Have you checked the prices on Discover Baja's site? They have a policy that is good for 120 days of travel in an annual policy. Good for most people that do several trips throughout the year, but don't live there. Check it out...

I did a quote based on 40K value and it was about $500. The carriers are HDI and CHUBB.

From their website:

This Annual Policy is good for any 120 days within the 12 month policy period - perfect for multiple trips to Mexico throughout the year.
This special Club Rate is designed for people who drive to Mexico multiple times throughout the year, but do not leave the vehicle in Mexico for the entire year. As long as the vehicle is in Mexico for less than a total of 121 days (4 months) throughout the year, this is the best product for you! If your vehicle will be in Mexico for a total of more than 120 days within the annual policy period, you will need to purchase our discounted Annual 365 Day Policy.

nice price.
how do you add utility trailer if you only tow a trailer on occasional trips, not all trips?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Thanks for the heads up and posting some sort of price guide.

We've used Baja Bound for a good number of years but I think those prices you posted are considerably more favorable. And, it'll be time to renew soon as travel opens up.

John M

I've bought the annual policy from Baja Bound in the past, but I agree, this is way more favorable.

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

From their website:

nice price.
how do you add utility trailer if you only tow a trailer on occasional trips, not all trips?

I just added my trailer even though I don't always tow it. I wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but check with Discover Baja.

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 10:45 AM

Guys, Baja Bound and Discover Baja sell for the same Mexican companies (last I heard).

I get a 90 days per year policy and is cheaper than a daily policy for just 30 days coverage. I have bought the same 90 days per year policy from Discover Baja, too. The 120 day policy must be new?

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 10:21 PM

Guys, Baja Bound and Discover Baja sell for the same Mexican companies (last I heard).

I get a 90 days per year policy and is cheaper than a daily policy for just 30 days coverage. I have bought the same 90 days per year policy from Discover Baja, too. The 120 day policy must be new?

I'm not sure about a 90 day annual, but they do offer a 120 day annual...

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.