BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Motorcycle Partner in January 2020
By crout

[*] posted on 11-24-2019 at 10:34 PM
Motorcycle Partner in January 2020

I'm planning on riding my V-Strom 650 all the way down starting in mid-January, depending on weather. I'm coming from Northern California; will likely cross in Tecate. It would be great to find a compatible riding partner/s for at least the first part of the journey. I will travel leisurely, sometimes camping. Not a heavy drinker, not a smoker. A gray-haired gringo, with un poquito espanol. Plan to be cross-border for about 3 weeks all told. Going all the way to Cabo. Interested?
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2019 at 08:27 PM

Not sure if you belong to adventure rider form or not, but I would post over there as well. Huge Baja/motorcycle community..
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 11-25-2019 at 09:23 PM

If no one bites, go alone. It’s safe. I’ve mostly ridden alone. You’ll probably run into people along the way, and may team up.
Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2019 at 09:25 PM

Yep - Advrider.com is a great resource for various things related to Mexico and beyond.

The forum - "Is Mexico Safe" (and in my opinion it is) is one to research and inquiry from those with vast experiences in baja and mainland.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/is-mexico-safe.546927/

[Edited on 11-26-2019 by Chup]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 07:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
If no one bites, go alone. It’s safe. I’ve mostly ridden alone. You’ll probably run into people along the way, and may team up. [/rquote

Yes on riding alone. I have done a lot of it in Mexico and other countries. The range of potential experiences grows exponentially when solo.
As stated above, adv rider site is a huge asset.
I recently sold my GSA and bought a weestrom. Loving it so far. I see a ton of them touring around south baja.
Have fun,ride safe.
By crout

[*] posted on 11-30-2019 at 08:12 PM

Thanks, y'all! I did post on Advrider also, per your advice. And I am comfortable riding solo, except for possible break-downs in the middle of nowhere.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 03:09 PM

You should be able to fix the basic's at least, tire repair and an air source. Even in remote areas people (locals) will always stop to check on you and offer help. The big one is don't rider over your head and get hurt, good chance you will meet people in route that you can ride with, we have added a solo rider to our group in Baja on almost every ride.
TracyLisa

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 11:39 AM

Hello,
Have you gone down to Cabo? We would like to talk to you.
We're planing to ride down to Cabo as well. It would be nice to find riding group or partners. We're leaving Jan 26, crossing in Tecate, just 2 of us. Thank you,
By crout

[*] posted on 3-1-2020 at 09:47 PM

When you wrote, we were on the road and missed it. Yes, all the way to Cabo, but didn't go in to CSL itself. Back home now, wonderful trip. Hope you are having the same.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2020 at 06:58 AM

A belated welcome to you By crout! Tell is a little about your trip. Did you find partners along the way or was it a solo experience?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.