Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rain updates
pacsur
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 05:03 PM
Rain updates

We’ve been getting steady and sometimes heavy rain all afternoon in San Jose, flooding in parts of Cabo and Los Barriles from whats on Twitter, any other live updates?
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 06:35 PM

In Loreto it's been very windy and was overcast but just a few drops of rain today.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 06:46 PM

Filled a deep wheelbarrow to overflowing in La Ventana. 6+ inches??
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 07:27 PM

We have been watching your Baja rains marching northward, then veering off to Arizona, etc.

Today we finally got rain in Central Cal
Other than a brief squall in September it is the first rain since April
And, it came down, as usual, from the north

Too bad someone cannot figure out how to steer your big tropical Baja rains up here to the big valley where we need the water.
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 08:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
We have been watching your Baja rains marching northward, then veering off to Arizona, etc.

Too bad someone cannot figure out how to steer your big tropical Baja rains up here to the big valley where we need the water.

Last year after the hurricanes hit the tip of the peninsula, I had a very "interesting" conversation with a fine gentleman about that topic. It was fine until he began drifting between the haarp to the chemtrail theories.

He claims that only rain from the north pacific can be manipulated, not from the south, and they do that with the help of gigantic magnets strategically set along the coast up to the canadian border.

Too many pacificos? Too much medicinal pot?... couldnt figure out wich one, but he was dead serious about the weather manipulation scheme

geraldalexander7
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 08:33 PM

Rain starting early morning n La Paz. Rained thru mid day then slowed. No mas en la noche.

Facebook.com/Gerald Beltran
Casas & Condos for rent in La Paz...$100US per/month.....Daily & weekly rates also.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 08:37 PM

2.10 inches along the Sonoran coast in San Carlos. Still coming down. High winds, too.

Only about a half hour ago, we recorded rain falling at 2.06in/hr. That's substantial. But the hardest I have ever seen here was a rate of just under 7 in/hr.

[Edited on 11-28-2019 by Hook]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 08:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Archie  
Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Last year after the hurricanes hit the tip of the peninsula, I had a very "interesting" conversation with a fine gentleman about that topic. It was fine until he began drifting between the haarp to the chemtrail theories.

He claims that only rain from the north pacific can be manipulated, not from the south, and they do that with the help of gigantic magnets strategically set along the coast up to the canadian border.

Too many pacificos? Too much medicinal pot?... couldnt figure out wich one, but he was dead serious about the weather manipulation scheme

Oh geez - that would be Walter - W91623 for short! Ok - so any idea where he is currently located? where can we find this guy? we will have to hunt him down and silence him. He is spouting off about the mechanism us scientists use to create global climate change. obviously Walter went rouge - we will have him located and isolated, followed by neutralized and have it under control in the next few hours - carry on! nothing to see here!

snow down to 2000 ft in the central sierras last night, followed by rain off and on all day - a couple of inches here locally, expecting significant snow tonight.

[Edited on 11-28-2019 by caj13]

[Edited on 11-28-2019 by caj13]
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 09:51 PM

Anybody have a rain gauge down in that area that isn`t a wheelbarrow? A good rain gauge cost $5 at Walmart or just use a coffee can and ruler!
Thanks Hook for the report on the mainland.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-27-2019 at 10:04 PM

North San Diego County, inland... Just normal rain on and off today. Nothing tonight to speak of. Big stuff predicted for tomorrow... Gobble gobble.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 05:57 AM

I left La Paz yesterday moring in heavy rain heading for SJD. Was really coming down along the Pacific side. Lightened up on the Cabo bypass then it really kicked in at the airport. Waited 2.5 hours for friends delayed flight from TJ to find out it was sitting in culiacan due to the rain being so heavy they couldn´t land at SJD. Tried to get back to town and was stopped for .5 hour due to flooding. I had to reverse track and go back to the airport and take the toll road back to town. Not a fun day:(
jedge42
Junior Nomad

Mood: Light and variable

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Anybody have a rain gauge down in that area that isn`t a wheelbarrow? A good rain gauge cost $5 at Walmart or just use a coffee can and ruler!

I took the lid off a flat-sided cooler just before the rain got going here yesterday morning ... 10cm (4in) in it this morning ... just off the carratera at KM 104 south of Los Barriles ...

jake
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 08:01 AM

Copied from another post about the storm -

Downtown Cabo San Lucas

Arroyo near Cabo
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 10:42 AM

It rained off an on mostly gently all day on Wednesday...no wind in Bahia Asuncion.

Today(Thursday) no rain..oh wait...as I am typing a squall just moved in....so a bit of rain this morning much to the dismay of my laundry on the line...
strong SE wind...18-20 so far and a 30 knot wind and 11 swells for tonight. Gonna be a long night for the sailboats in the anchorage!
pretty gnarly weather for November!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 12:48 PM

My weather station report for Nov 27th:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ILAPAZ29/graph/20...
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  

My weather station report for Nov 27th:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ILAPAZ29/graph/20...

Thanks Fernweh. Just bookmarked your weather station. 4 inches is huge. Hope any damage was light and the benefits heavy!!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2019 at 08:24 PM

It absolutely POURED in La Bocana overnight. Mud everywhere this morning. The delegedo (mayor) here posted a note for all locals to avoid driving the roads if at all possible. Damage between Abreojos and the main highway on the part they are working on.

All I can say is that our trees and my plants are positively singing!

And I feel the aquifers needed this rain. It will be so fun to see all the flowers carpeting the desert in a couple weeks.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-29-2019 at 08:57 AM

Blew a gale & rained like a banshee last night and this morning in Bahia Asuncion...mopping up at 5;30 this morning...geezo. My gardens took a chite kicking again as a south wind hits all my "protected" plants...sigh. Our fishing guests are bailing. It's like the never ending storm. Hurricaines are done in a day but this bugger is a lingerer.

ON the bright side the wildflowers are going to be spectacular!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.