Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Scholarship student Christmas 2019 breakfast UPDATE 12/20
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2019 at 11:32 AM
Scholarship student Christmas 2019 breakfast UPDATE 12/20

Hello all! Happy holidays and Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

I have some great news!! Two of the college students have found permanent jobs. They studied industrial engineering in Santa Rosalia and are in the process of finishing up their internships in TJ. I have hounded them to job hunt for months and bingo! Both got jobs, one at the company he is interning in and the other one at another firm! Hallelujah and Glory be.

ALEN AND RAMIRO - best friends forever

Alen and Ramiro June 2018.jpg - 41kB

The 3rd senior, Enrique, has to finish up his thesis and needs his last semester covered. The tuition is handled already, but I could use a 6 month sponsor from Jan to June 2020 at $1500 pesos a month or US$80. This is what he uses for transportation, food and utilities. Enrique is also majoring in Engineering but at the TEC university in La Paz. Great kid all around.

ENRIQUE AT HIS INTERNSHIP

Enrique servicio social 2019.jpg - 88kB

I am gearing up for the Christmas party and as usual, I have students who need sponsorship to catch buses - they get a 50% student discount and we are going to need sponsorship for Fernanda, Dayr, Cristina, Enrique, Rogelio and Julian. I am still working on logistics, but the cost to get here is around $700 pesos or $US40 each. The party is on the 20th. All student boxes are ready and all gifts are wrapped!

I have asked Dario and his wife, owners of ANTOJITO JUANITA in Punta Abreojos to provide breakfast for the party. They have a special super delicious Christmas package and would charge me $3600 pesos for 30 breakfasts. There are 22 kids plus some of the parents come and also, I have 4 ladies who help me organize the event the day of.

I could sure use help with this!

The group photo from last year:

Chistmas 2018 group photo.jpg - 126kB

[Edited on 12-10-2019 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 12-21-2019 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2019 at 07:37 PM

Thanks folks, we have funds for Dayr to come to the party (he is the one in the gray sweat jacket, front row, in the 2018 Christmas photo.

I also got funds to cover the food for the party! Thanks thanks thanks. I will be making some desserts which the kids love: key lime pie, flan, brownies and chocolate cake.

Rogelio arrived today and I gave him $700 pesos to cover his bus fare. He also helped me for almost 3 hours moving Christmas boxes and dishes and sheets and more from our house over to the hotel where the party will be held. My back is out, his coming today was perfect timing.

When I asked him to describe his first semester in college in 5 words he smiled and belted out : Excellent! I love my major!

Thanks everyone, whohooooooooooooo

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2019 at 07:42 PM

The 2 boys in the xmas photo with the sunglasses in the front row are Alen and Ramiro, the two who just found jobs in Tijuana.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2019 at 06:55 AM

UPDATE

ALL THE PRESENTS ARE WRAPPED and ready for Dec. 20th

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg - 85kB

The food has been ordered and paid for! We are talking burritos and tacos dorados and sopes and chilaquiles and more! Juanita and Dario of Antojitos Juanita in Punta Abreojos put together a special Christmas platter and my mouth waters just to think of all the goodness that will come.

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg - 112kB

Money is flying through the air to get to all the students. Some of the bus company locations are charging us the fill whack saying that vacation only starts on the 20th, and I need them to BE HERE on that day since we head to San Diego the day after. My scholarship kids are super smart and get exempted from finals if they have an A average...so they are indeed able to come before vacation "officially" starts.

Cristina's bus money

B Cristina bus cash.jpg - 38kB

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2019 at 06:38 AM

Rogelio with his bus money!

Rogelio 2019 bus ticket cash in handA.jpg - 20kB

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2019 at 09:54 PM

Today was party day and it was AWESOME. I had a chance to connect with all the students, we ate the most delicious breakfast ever and the smiles while they were opening the presents were priceless.

We raffled off our xmas tree since Les and I leave for San Diego tomorrow. We gave the only student who didn't have a computer the one donated here on NOMADS!!!! Thanks so much! and we raffled a nice camera that I had bought as a possible graduation present.

More photos when we get to faster internet. Have a very Merry Christmas and I can never thank everyone enough for helping out.

students eatingA.jpg - 35kB

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.