Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Hotel Los Vientos - Bahia de Los Angeles
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 04:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Op, I'm gonna give you some sage advice that your momma should have when you were in the 7th grade.

Use paragraph breaks when you write. It's much easier to collect your thoughts, and much easier on the readers' eyes.

Wow - you're pickier than I am...you should probably stay out of Baja altogether! ;)

a) My thoughts were collected before I wrote anything.
b) The paragraphs were spaced fine in the Word DOC...sorry I didn't notice the difference when I posted.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 04:44 PM

You won't catch me paying anywhere close to $125.00 and night in Baja....

I have WAY better things to spend my money on like Pacifico's, Taco's and fishing !!!

[Edited on 12-12-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David Nuevo  

Wow - you're pickier than I am...you should probably stay out of Baja altogether! ;)

b) The paragraphs were spaced fine in the Word DOC...sorry I didn't notice the difference when I posted.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him thirsty.

Try taking sound advice, is my final advice to you.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 05:31 PM

thanks for the heads up david nuevo...:D
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 05:35 PM

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him thirsty.

Try taking sound advice, is my final advice to you.

Is that a promise?
airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 12-9-2019 at 09:57 PM

David,
Thanks for the update. I totally get it what your saying. You wanted to enjoy a nice Turkey Day so you decided to splurge on a hotel that basically false advertised and wasted your money. You feel you could have enjoyed a much cheaper hotel with less expectations and probably would have had a nicer Thanksgiving with, at a minimum indoor plumbing. I feel your pain because I’ve been there.

Thank you for the update; It is always a hit or miss with that hotel. They change owners every so many years so it
can be night and day so it’s great to hear the current situation.

On this forum, unfortunately, its the same old grumpy people that have nothing to do but troll. Same set of people over and over. Its too bad because I know many people over the years that just will not comment on here because of the trolls and we miss out in a wealth of information about hotels, restaurants, etc.

BYW, congrats on getting JZ to stop giving you advice. You have passed a mile stone! If only you get get a couple of the others to promise that!!

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2019 at 07:39 AM

Airmech,
No worries - I can "old grumpy" right along with 'em. I've been following this forum for years and was well aware of what to expect, and from whom; it's just comedy to me. (hope everybody appreciates the ample spacing to follow)

Gracias for your rational commentary!

[Edited on 12-10-2019 by David Nuevo]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-10-2019 at 09:29 AM

;):D:light::bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-10-2019 at 09:32 PM

:bounce::bounce::bounce: More like old and grumpy baja blow hards yes the trolls. Good luck David K and David Nuevo. This site has been useless for years now with Trolls. Sorry all
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2019 at 09:47 PM

No problema- without them I never would've made "Junior Nomad". :spingrin:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-11-2019 at 07:59 AM

Ya gotta remember....some folks' lips move when they read a stop sign....:biggrin:

Op, I'm gonna give you some sage advice that your momma should have when you were in the 7th grade.

Use paragraph breaks when you write. It's much easier to collect your thoughts, and much easier on the readers' eyes.

Don't believe everything you think....
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-11-2019 at 08:41 AM

it truly is an old people's forum
no posts between 8pm and 6am

I was stuck in a hospital bed some years ago and needed help
could not raise any staff
not with the bell, not with screaming
I wasn't able to leave the bed
I had no phone
But I had internet
thought of posting a HELP sign on Bajanomad
but then I remembered that nobody would be watching at 3 in the morning

found a solution on the internet

so, when you are stuck in Baja and thought of using you inReach to raise help from Baja experts - don't try at night

Harald Pietschmann
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2019 at 09:45 AM

Brudentravel

[*] posted on 12-7-2022 at 06:52 AM

Just stayed here a week or two ago. Clean rooms, yes the fit and finish is not up to USA standards but it was a very nice and large room with a nice view. Walked in and asked how much, they said $140, I went to leave and the woman asked how much I wanted to pay, I said $80, ok she said. Restaurant is pretty good. Ramon took me out fishing $350, caught tons of fish, humpback whales swam about 50 ft from the boat, sea lions too. Looking out the window during breakfast I saw lots of dolphins playing just off the beach. Great beach. I really enjoyed it and would go back......for $80 not $140 though.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2022 at 07:50 PM

Stayed at Diaz when I parked my airplane in front of my room
Slept on folding bed on the porch in the summer No A/C
Hot water for a shower? Only when the sun was shinning
Pangas were $60/day
Momma Diaz cooked a good dinner.
Generator shut off at 10_PM Then it was flashlights and candles
All quiet on the Western Front unless someone without a muffler was coming down hill into town from miles away on top.
One hotel in hotel in town had the electricity connected to the water system so you got a shock when ever you showered

Nice to see things haven't changed except prices :-)

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-8-2022 at 09:32 PM

Stayed at Casa Diaz in 1967, and it was exactly as you described.
In 2017, I spent a night in a room by the beach. Chubasco Diaz only charged me $20. The room was very basic, a light bulb above, nice soft bed, and 24 hot water! Not the old solar heated tank on the roof, like in the 60s.
The really cool thing about the power going off at 10 pm was seeing all the stars, sleeping outside on the cots in the summer.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 12-10-2022 at 05:21 PM

We always carry camp kitchen lights and flash lights. As to why the power in BofLA goes out often blame CFE they put the poles in so shallow that they blow over in a strong wind! Since everyone knows that most have a backup generator!

7EBB9E9F-CD90-4805-91F1-2C33AB073AB2.jpeg - 99kB
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.