Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bancomer Fideicomiso payment this year
twogringos
Nomad

Mood: I feel more like I do now than I ever have before

[*] posted on 12-28-2019 at 07:58 AM
Bancomer Fideicomiso payment this year

Went to the bank to pay our fideicomiso with cash in hand, as we have for the last 20 years, and were told that US dollars were not acceptable, we needed to pay with a check in US$. Of course, we don't bring a US check book to Mexico and we don't have a dollar account at our Mexican bank. Anyone deal with this change this year?
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2019 at 12:47 PM

I use Bancomer also and find it easier send a check to their PO box in San Ysidro than to go to a bank. I'm usually in and out of Mexico around Christmas. Here is the San Ysidro info if it helps you.

Estimado cliente, .

Le recordamos que su próximo pago de honorarios del Fideicomiso F/48XXX-8 sub 0 del
01/01/2019 al 31/12/2019, moneda USD, por manejo 500, moratorios 0.00 , iva 80 ,
Total 580 , deberá cubrirlo antes del 01/01/2019 .

Información para pagos:
• Acuda a cualquier sucursal de BBVA Bancomer en México y presente este
documento al cajero. Aquí usted puede pagar en efectivo o con cheque (solo en
USD y Pesos)
• Pago con Cheques: Los cheques debe hacerse a nombre de:
BBVA BANCOMER S.A F/(su número de fideicomiso)
• También puede enviar su cheque por servicio postal a nuestra dirección en
U.S.A.: PO BOX 430606 San Ysidro, California, 92143.
• O nuestra oficina central en la Ciudad de México: Av. Paseo de la Reforma 510, Col. Juárez C.P. 06600, México D.F.,Piso 24
• Pago con Tarjeta de Crédito (Visa y Mastercard): Por favor solicite este pago
mediante un correo electrónico (será necesario que nos envié copia de cierta
documentación para hacer este pago).
Nota: NO SE ACEPTAN ORDENES DE PAGO.

Si ya pagó, haga caso omiso a este aviso.

Atentamente
Fiduciario Bancomer
Línea gratuita de asistencia, de lunes a viernes de 9 a 17 hrs. hora del Centro.
Desde U.S.A. y Canadá marcar +1-877-693-4380 (MX FIDU0)
Desde México marca 01-800-083-4380
Para dudas contáctanos a bfmxfidu.mx@bbva.com

In English:

Dear customer, this is just a reminder for your next trust fees payment for Trust contract number F/48XXX-8 sub 0 .

From 01/01/2019 to 31/12/2019 , currency USD , management fee 500 , Late fees 0.00 , vat 80 , Total 580 , please pay before 01/01/2019 .

Information for payments:
Go to any BBVA Bancomer branch in México and present this document to the teller Here you can pay in cash on check (only USD & Pesos).

Checks: Make check payable to
BBVA BANCOMER S.A. F/(your trust number)

Also, you can send your checks by portal service to our address in U.S.A. PO BOX 430606 San Ysidro, California, 92143. Or to the Main office in México City Av. Paseo de la Reforma 510, Col. Juárez C.P. 06600, México D.F.,Piso 24.

Note: NO MONEY ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED.

Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard). Please request this payment through email (is required to send a copy of some documents to do this charge).

If it is already paid, please disregard this notification.

Please contact us at: bfmxfidu.mx@bbva.com
Toll-free assistance Monday to Friday 9 to 17 hrs Center time:
From the U.S.A. and Canada dial +1-877-693-4380(MX FIDU0)
From México dial 01-800-083-4380.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2019 at 02:10 PM

When you pay, I would suggest asking for a "screenprint" of their business system used to manage your Fidiecomiso.
Following year hand them the copy and ask for another
I have copies going back to 2004.

Es Todo Bueno
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2019 at 10:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Was it clearly expressed that you could not pay in Pesos? I've always been curious about the legality of a Mexican business not accepting payment in the national currency...

My bank trust is with Banorte, but I assume all of the trusts are written up more or less the same way. Mine reads "$450/year or the equivalent in pesos." So the $450 is a constant, and the peso amount fluctuates with the exchange rate. It is always more expensive to pay it in pesos, as you will be subject to the bank's buy/sell rates. Almost every year I go through the same song and dance with the bank, where they first tell me I have to pay in pesos, then I show them exactly where it says "or" in the trust document and then they back down and allow me to pay it in dollars.
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 10:13 PM
Update on Bancomer Fideicomiso

It's true - Bancomer will only accept a check for payment of the fideicomiso fees.

I went to the Forjadores branch (in La Paz) today and tried to pay the fees with US dollars as I have done for the last 17 years. The teller would not accept the dollars and said payment had to be by check.

I then asked to pay the fees in pesos withdrawn from my Bancomer peso account. Same answer, payment had to be by check. No cash accepted.

So, I wrote a check from my US bank with the amount in US dollars. The teller gladly accepted the check and then didn't know how to process it.

It took three tellers, multiple phone calls, and 20+ minutes before the check was actually credited to my account and I had a payment receipt in hand.
twogringos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2019 at 07:39 AM

Thank you larryC for the detailed info.

RnR, we first tried to pay at the 16th Sept branch and were told we could pay in pesos, but didn't have any in the pocket at the time. The next day at the La Catolica branch they required a check, which we don't have here. We are going to try with pesos again. Will update. Fall back is a 'bill pay' check to San Ysidro.
twogringos
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2020 at 10:28 AM

We paid the fideicomiso in pesos today. The bank converted the $580 to pesos at 19.36, compared to the current exchange of 18.88. Not as bad as we feared. I'm not sure how the bank will look at the receipt in 20 years and conclude that we paid $580, so we will bring down the US checkbook in the future.
twogringos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 09:29 AM

Of course, they changed the rules again. We went in with the US check for $580 and they said NO, only efectivo or a check in pesos. So, we convert our $580 cash to pesos at an unfavorable rate, then the calculate how many pesos we need to pay to equate to $580 at an unfavorable rate. When the smoke clears we spent $615 to pay the $580 bill. They know how to make money.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 12:54 PM

I have always paid mine in cash in dollars. Once when they tried to insist that it be converted to pesos and paid in pesos, I showed them the trust wording where it says that it is $450US OR the equivalent in pesos and they backed down.
Grenadiers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2020 at 05:19 PM

Our Fid for short, was issued in June of this year. When would we receive a bill for the next fee? And where would they send it? Thanks
medium Cool

[*] posted on 12-23-2020 at 08:39 PM

My fido is with bancomer, I recieve an email from them every year with a due date. I have paid in a number of different ways in the past, crossed and paid in Tecate, paid in Santa Rosalia, etc., anytime I've paid at the bank, its been a bit confusing, especially when asking for a reciept.
Now I simply use the mail in to the San Yisdro PO box. But I have had that mail returned in the past, as the box apparently fills up and they will return mail if no more room in the box. I have simply sent it again. I make sure I copy all documents and file them away. I also will be on the lookout for the bank copy of the check, after its been processed
twogringos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 08:00 AM

We have had a fide with Bancomer for 22 years and have never received notice from them, either by snail mail or email. They certainly have our email address as we spent 6 months in communication while extending our 30 year fide by another 20 years. We found during the extension process that having the bank issued receipts was crucial. We had one payment made for us by a third party but never got the receipt. We could show the payment from 19 years ago in the check statement, but they wouldn't accept it. We had to pay it again before we could proceed.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 08:59 AM

I get an email notification from Bancomer usually a year in advance, like last year my notification came in January 2020 reminding me to send a check on or before Jan 1 2021. That's the last reminder I get.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 10:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by twogringos  
We have had a fide with Bancomer for 22 years and have never received notice from them, either by snail mail or email. They certainly have our email address ... We found ... that having the bank issued receipts was crucial.

Twogringoes --

Same situation here except that our fido is only 20 years old. No communications whatsoever. Even after three in-person meetings with the staff at the Bancomer San Jose office.

What do others actually get as a receipt and proof of payment?

All we have is the window receipts from the tellers when payments are credited to our account.

I understand that others actually get something more akin to an actual factura. That was the reason for the in-person meetings. The account managers in San Jose assured me each time that a factura would be coming by email but nothing has ever shown up.

Another question - Has your fide payment ever been increased? (10% every 4 years?) Some fide's seem to remain the same while others seem to have there fees increased regularly ....?
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 11:13 AM
Caveat Emptor~Bancomer Incompetence

We have had dealings of varying types with multiple Bancomer Fideicomisos on Loreto properties dating back to 1989 (transferring, extending, initiating). It has been our experience, that without fail:

1. In more than 30 years, Bancomer has not once contacted us, by any method for any reason, regarding any Fideicomiso, despite having our contact info;

2. A $1000 cash payment we made directly to the bank's "vice-president" at his desk at Bancomer La Paz went unaccounted for. Despite our receiving a receipt, he stole the cash. He soon thereafter quit his job. No restitution from Bancomer was made. They considered the receipt his forgery!;

3. Bancomer has no accurate records; no institutional payment tracking. BE AWARE that your only proof of payment is the receipt YOU keep. These receipts will be needed when your property is sold or inherited;

4. In each of our real estate transactions Bancomer has consistently claimed that back payments were due on the sellers' fideicomiso. They always list a string of back years due, with hefty interest and penalties. Unless YOU can prove otherwise, you are stuck paying them, or Bancomer won't proceed with the transaction. In one case, the 94-year-old woman from whom we bought property was told she owed 12 years of payments and penalties! She had kept meticulous records for more than 25 years, and Bancomer had to back down.

Last year we were told Bancomer was out of the Fideicomiso business. They weren't issuing any new ones. I have often wondered if Fideicomisos are even "for real" with them.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.