Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Report on our trip to the Grandpas added. John M
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 11:31 AM
Report on our trip to the Grandpas added. John M

NEW INFO - we've been touched by Nomad kindness for this effort. If you are interested in helping through PayPal there is still today, Saturday the 4th, and tomorrow Sunday.

Tuesday will be an exciting day at Ensenada Costco.

John and Barbara

My wife, Barbara, and I along with TW are going to Camalu on January 7 to take some supplies to the grandpas.

Many here on Nomad are aware of these grand old men and the care they receive at Casa Hogar del Ancianos – please take a look at the facebook link below, and if you click on “photos” you will have a better idea of how appreciative of our assistance they will be.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Nonprofit-Organizati...

We are making our paypal account available if you’d like to contribute. $5.00 - $10.00 or whatever you would like will help. To do that, you need a paypal account. Simply log in to your paypal account, enter our email address jnmarnell44@gmail.com and donate whatever you wish. We will take whatever money is donated, shop at Costco in Ensenada, and make the delivery the same day. You can trust that every penny received will be used for our purchases for them. And, if you’d like to send me a U2U message, I’ll respond there.

When I emailed their long-term care giver, Penny, about what they need, this was her reply, and this will guide what we buy.

“Hi John,

They Always need cleaning supplies (Clorox, Pinesol, rubber gloves, etc.), Toilet paper, Depends, Cooking Oil, Rice, Beans, Canned Fruit and Vegetables, Meats, Eggs, Hot Cocoa, decaf Coffee, Warm Clothes, And Love, Lots and Lots of Love

Thank you So Much for Thinking of these Amazing Men and Their Caregivers, Love, Penny
** They Also Love Pastries

As for me, I'm doing O.K. I've had 5 Vascular Surgeries in a year and a half, which has kept me from Hugging my Grandpas as much as I'd like, But Praying 2020 will be a Healthy Year for All of Us. Merry Christmas”

John & Barbara M

[Edited on 1-4-2020 by John M]

[Edited on 1-9-2020 by John M]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 11:48 AM

Thanks for looking out for these gentleman.

Paypal was easy peasey.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 11:56 AM

Done.....
Good job!!
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 12:48 PM

Thank you John!!!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 01:38 PM

Awwwwwww

Grandpa's getting loving is so wonderful.

Thanks for heading south with this ever so important help!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 06:14 PM

Merry Christmas John, buy treats, not just needs.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 06:31 PM

So happy to see this John, Barbara and TW.
Proudly participated via paypal.
Thank you thank you thank you,
Blessing to all, Penny love and hugs to u also,
Tommy and Lori

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 12-29-2019 at 10:04 PM

John,
Thanks for your efforts! I will be going down the end of Feb. and always stop, but check your paypal now as well. Costco is a really easy stop for anyone heading south, you only have the supplies a few hours, so you can buy anything. I have taken to using my Costco annual rebate check the last couple of years to buy them supplies. Makes it feel like free money! Last spring an apparent new girl was checking my purchases going out and wanted to do a thorough job. She literally took longer searching my carts than it took to get through all of the military checkpoints the length of Baja! It is well worth it though considering how grateful they are for any donations! ,

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 08:35 AM

Headed over to paypal now. Thank you for taking the time.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 08:52 AM

John, I see my better half used Venmo to send you money; is that an acceptable method for you, or do you prefer PayPal?
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 09:41 AM
Venmo?

I believe I can probably set up a Venmo account.

I'll give it a try this morning and let you know.

The donation is gratefully accepted.

John & Barbara
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 10:32 AM
Baja Parrothead

I've tried without success to open a Venmo account. I'm waiting for a call back from their help line.

If PayPal is easy, then I'd recommend it as it seems to be working fine.

John
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 10:54 AM

Money sent, John!

Thanks for doing this kind act!!!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
I've tried without success to open a Venmo account. I'm waiting for a call back from their help line.

If PayPal is easy, then I'd recommend it as it seems to be working fine.

John

Thanks John, I sent mine yesterday through PayPal, but this morning I saw where she sent hers via Venmo, so now I have no idea where it went :?:
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 01:23 PM

Good work. :saint::cool:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 02:07 PM
Thank you so much

We thank the many donors who will make life easier for the Grandpas, and make a difference in their lives and the caring efforts of the caretakers.

We also need to acknowledge Penny, who is continually giving us guidance in the selection of what is needed most. This is Penny's most recent advice

"John, I just spoke with Juan, He said They need Heaters(2-3) and Warm Clothes desperately right now, it is unusually Cold for them and We can't have Them getting Sick so early in the Winter, Also Warm blankets if you can"

Without taking a risk of not having those things available in Ensenada at Costco, we, using donated monies, purchased 4 nice warm jackets, 4 warm blankets from Costco on-line, and tomorrow we'll go to Costco and pick up two of the radiant heaters for use as Penny suggested.

If any of you wish to confirm that we received your donation, please email us. We are keeping close records of all of this.

Thanks again. John and Barbara Marnell

[Edited on 12-30-2019 by John M]
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 04:38 PM

Great work and wise choices, thank you!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2019 at 07:22 PM

If anyone from the Nor Cal area is headed down, I have 3-4 heaters that I could donate. I could meet up with someone, I'm in Sutter Creek about an hour South East of Sacramento. I could also bring them with me in March to Tecate, if someone else could deliver? We will be on motos from the border on.
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 12-31-2019 at 08:23 AM

Thank you So Much John, We Truly appreciate Everything that you're doing ❤This is such an Amazing Group of Men, They have Endured So Much in their Lives But They Continue to Love and Give Thanks, I Love them Deeply and I Thank Each and Every Nomad for your Support for my Grandpas💙
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 12-31-2019 at 09:57 AM

John, with a part of my donation, can you take some Apple Pie to the Grandpa's, they seemed to really like it last time... and your discretion on the remainder, Thank You. JH
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.