Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Dreams come true! New Whale Magic Tour whale camp opens
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-14-2020 at 01:30 PM
Bump!

QUOTE;
"So I have a proposition for anyone traveling down to GN in mid to late January. I need to get 4 of the expedition tents down here so if you can bring one to me, there is a free hotel room for the night, hoodie or a whale watch in it for ya.
The tent is about 4'X2' and in a nice bag and can be easily picked up or delivered by my buddy who has them in San Dimas CA."

Shari, do you have any delivery offers yet? I just returned from an unplanned trip to Anchorage, or I would have been down your way already.

I intend to be on the road soon, and although I usually avoid Southern California on my way south, I would make an exception to pick up a couple of tents (possibly all) if need be.

Would this put me in the "Items to declare" line?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2020 at 03:16 PM

David, for a single traveler with a dog, car camping is a tent next to your car. A tent big enough to park your car in would be hard to explain if you have more than one of them!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 11:40 AM

Few months back I took down (2) tents for Shari, and they were monsters, both of them well over 100 pounds. We had (2) vehicles in our caravan so we decided to split them up, then crossed at Tecate without problems.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 01:01 PM

Customs say "One camping tent" is allowed.

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 11:02 PM

Shari still need a couple of tents brought down to her.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2020 at 08:41 PM
MMc......

Check your U2U inbox!

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 06:58 AM

How do you take care of your waste out there...especially your shower and toilet waste? How have the cooperativas reacted to your new venture? I thought they had exclusive rights?
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 08:03 AM

I work hand in hand with a local fishing cooperative who have the concession for whale watching and camping...the fishermen provide the boats and lancheros, I provide the passengers and they are grateful for the work.
we have sun showers and eco toilets provided by the government and recycle waste as well as recycle garbage...thanks for your concern.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 08:10 AM

No need to be snippity. It was a legit question. the solar shower water goes somewhere...and eco friendly toilets have waste that has to be put somewhere. The Mexican government is not known to be the most effective in this area. Again it was a legitimate question.
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I will provide my own latrines and shower most likely.

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
we have sun showers and eco toilets provided by the government and recycle waste as well as recycle garbage...thanks for your concern.

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
The Mexican government is not known to be the most effective in this area. Again it was a legitimate question.

Well, the mexican govt. was kind enought to help a gringo private business, instead of helping the local people.

[Edited on 1-17-2020 by Archie]
Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 11:24 AM

So many haters on this forum.

Shari, you go girl.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

Shari, you go girl.

Seriously,
Gringo?
Do they not know that Shari is a Mexican citizen, born in Canada and since then married to an Arce and mother to a Mexican daughter? Can't be more Baja Californian than being an Arce!
Shari is the real deal!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 01:08 PM

Woww, sounds amazing!
I'll check out deets for a visit mid february.
Hoping to camp with my setup,, sleeping in van? <;~o
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 01:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

Shari, you go girl.

Seriously,
Gringo?
Do they not know that Shari is a Mexican citizen, born in Canada and since then married to an Arce and mother to a Mexican daughter? Can't be more Baja Californian than being an Arce!
Shari is the real deal!

Now there is a new one. Marriage made her an Baja California Arce....I thought she went by Blondy by the way. No matter still does not tell me where her waste goes. Last time I was there (many years ago) human waste was floating with the whales becasue there was no where else to put it. Cess pools won't work because of such a high water table. I guess the eco waste goes out there as well.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 02:08 PM

Women keeping their birth name after marriage is a "progressive" idea, I thought? It is Bondy not Blondy, FYI.
If you think she wants any harm to come to the whales you are sorely mistaken. Even if your theory had any truth, don't whales poop, too? Doesn't Nature deal with mammal waste. Where do the fishermen poop? Seriously, silly distraction over jealousy of a Nomad who has brought so much joy and education to people.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-17-2020 at 07:26 PM

I have been a Mexican citizen for many years & had lived in Guerrero Negro before most other whale company operators....geezo
My daughter's Papa was one of the first 3 fishermen to take tourists out in the lagoon way back in 1988 and I helped them develop their skills at approaching whales & dealing with tourists...before the ejido was there & before the Biosphere Reserve was there so I do have some history there and have put in my time, hard work and investment....not to mention my passionate love and respect for whales whom I have relentlessly tried to protect for going on 40 years now!

[Edited on 1-18-2020 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 07:41 AM

Oh fercrissake, Norte. shut it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 08:03 AM

You can just refer to us as "fact-checkers" and Nomad friends.
You could be one too.
Going negative on Nomad-owned businesses, without any first-hand knowledge, has just what goal or benefit?

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Women keeping their birth name after marriage is a "progressive" idea, I thought? It is Bondy not Blondy, FYI.
If you think she wants any harm to come to the whales you are sorely mistaken. Even if your theory had any truth, don't whales poop, too? Doesn't Nature deal with mammal waste. Where do the fishermen poop? Seriously, silly distraction over jealousy of a Nomad who has brought so much joy and education to people.

It all started with a question, David. No attacks. A silly question I guess, after all where do the whales poop. and what about fishermen? And after all, she is a member of the forum (huh?). I guess I should not be surprised at the chicken coop mentality, it pervades much of our politics as well. I don't swim upstream, downstream from a cesspool.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 08:41 AM

Shari answered your question right away, next reply below it, and your reply (instead of saying 'thank you') was to call her "snippity". If you can't accept the answer that is your problem, not hers. Have you gone to her website to get more info? Are you at all interested in going on a tour to see the whales up-close?

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.