Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Dreams come true! New Whale Magic Tour whale camp opens
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Women keeping their birth name after marriage is a "progressive" idea, I thought? It is Bondy not Blondy, FYI.
If you think she wants any harm to come to the whales you are sorely mistaken. Even if your theory had any truth, don't whales poop, too? Doesn't Nature deal with mammal waste. Where do the fishermen poop? Seriously, silly distraction over jealousy of a Nomad who has brought so much joy and education to people.

It all started with a question, David. No attacks. A silly question I guess, after all where do the whales poop. and what about fishermen? And after all, she is a member of the forum (huh?). I guess I should not be surprised at the chicken coop mentality, it pervades much of our politics as well. I don't swim upstream, downstream from a cesspool.

Norte,
You ever been whale watching at SI or GN?
Perhaps you should pair up with DK and do a road trip together to see the whales, and work out your differences!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 09:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Women keeping their birth name after marriage is a "progressive" idea, I thought? It is Bondy not Blondy, FYI.
If you think she wants any harm to come to the whales you are sorely mistaken. Even if your theory had any truth, don't whales poop, too? Doesn't Nature deal with mammal waste. Where do the fishermen poop? Seriously, silly distraction over jealousy of a Nomad who has brought so much joy and education to people.

It all started with a question, David. No attacks. A silly question I guess, after all where do the whales poop. and what about fishermen? And after all, she is a member of the forum (huh?). I guess I should not be surprised at the chicken coop mentality, it pervades much of our politics as well. I don't swim upstream, downstream from a cesspool.

Norte,
Perhaps you should pair up with DK and do a road trip together to see the whales, and work out your differences!

Many years ago. Take the time to read the posts above. You seemed to have joined the coop.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Norte,

Many years ago. Take the time to read the posts above. You seemed to have joined the coop.

Yes, I am a skinny foghorn leghorn with a northern accent :lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 10:48 AM

you know what is really ironic...when Norte first asked about waste etc., I answered him nicely and thanked him for his concern which was sincere and not snippety at all.....I appreciate when people are concerned about our environment...but dont appreciate being accused of being snide when it wasnt my intention at all.

there are 59 permits for whale operators in the zone and they employ over 2,500 people and have very beneficial economic spin offs and dont seem to disturb the whales at all.

I have studied whale behavior since before whale watching was even thought of and although in some areas like the feeding grounds, tourism can have an adverse affect by disturbing whales trying to eat...I have seen very interesting changes in whale behavior in the baja lagoons.
Once they lost their fear of boats and being killed by boats, they started to trust humans and now they push the babies up to us to babysit! Crazy but true.

In the beginning of the whale watching craze, I was very concerned about how pangas would affect the whales in this most sensitive area, and put forth the idea of to just have anchored viewing platforms near the canals the whales use. Whale watchers would be ferried out to them but would not approach whales. I still love this idea but doubt it will ever happen.

My point is, I have always cared about the protection of the environment and it's creatures and have walked the walk...have you?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.