Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Global Entry Questions
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 1-30-2020 at 09:04 PM

Re:trucks with campers:

I have had basic camper shells on various trucks (Leer & Callen) and have driven them via SENTRI for many years without problems. One agent asked how long I've had the truck- which made me think the rules have changed over the years. But in general- no problems.

That said: Having a 4WCamper may be a bit different- there are cupboards & storage areas not easily seen from the outside, so you may attract a more aggressive search.

But in my experience- the trucks/campers are more likely to be inspected when I'm heading SB than NB.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2020 at 09:40 AM

Thank you for the update Whale-ista!
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2020 at 11:22 AM

Whale-ista,
Thanks for the response, and yes, I generally a get a quick look into my camper when heading SB. Will definitely clearly explain my vehicle situation at my interview, fingers crossed.

The camper issue is the only reason I didn't do this years ago, I was applying for GE just for my air travel, I always thought you had to have SENTRI if you were driving across the border, never knew you could add vehicles under GE...if this pans out it will be a HUGE win!:bounce:
kowalsn

[*] posted on 2-5-2020 at 09:37 AM

I live in northern California, and all of the Sentri enrollment centers are far away and along the border. If I apply for Global Entry (which has an enrollment center in San Francisco), do I need to have my vehicle inspected at a Sentri enrollment center? Below is what the US Customs and Border Protection website says.

"Global Entry members who wish to drive their vehicle in the SENTRI lanes, must register their vehicle with CBP and schedule an appointment at a SENTRI enrollment center to conduct a 7-point vehicle inspection."

Thanks
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 2-5-2020 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by kowalsn  
I live in northern California, and all of the Sentri enrollment centers are far away and along the border. If I apply for Global Entry (which has an enrollment center in San Francisco), do I need to have my vehicle inspected at a Sentri enrollment center? Below is what the US Customs and Border Protection website says.

"Global Entry members who wish to drive their vehicle in the SENTRI lanes, must register their vehicle with CBP and schedule an appointment at a SENTRI enrollment center to conduct a 7-point vehicle inspection."

Thanks

The first time you cross with your new card is when they will pull you into secondary for the inspection, or they may not, some get inspected and some don't from what I hear.

If you have a trip to Baja planned, the Calexico office usually has little wait for interviews too.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.