Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Hwy1 South
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 10:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I crossed going north at the west P.O.E. on March 2. That was before the Covid19 outbreak had affected travel very much, and it took about an hour and forty five minutes to cross.

From what I have read, there is very little traffic crossing north now so it should go pretty quick! While I was inching along the barrier fence, I noticed the border agents (MX and US) inspecting a freshly cut section! Then I started noticing dozens of repaired spots over several blocks!

AK, Did you notice if you could access Sentri lanes from the traffic lanes that parallel the border fence?

Sorry, I don't cross very often, and have not bothered to apply for SENTRI, so I did not pay much attention to the access. They were still in the process of remodeling the entrance lanes, and may not have had it in place yet, but that is a guess!

While waiting my turn at the agent booth, another agent on foot checked to see if I had my documents ready. I showed him my passport card, and I am sure he told me that it would be good for using the sentry lane, but that would be at the east P.O.E.!

I have never read, or heard that anywhere else, so don't take it as a fact unless corroborated.

Edit; CORRECTION!....Now that I think about it a bit more, I believe what the agent on foot told me is that my passport card was good in the ready line, not sentri!

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
DIWR17
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 10:08 AM

Gracias guys and/or gals.
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DIWR17  
Gracias guys and/or gals.

Good luck with your crossing! Let us know how it goes!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 11:13 AM

AK
Were you using passport or passport card?
My understanding is that Ready Lanes are with the card not the book
Just curious if that has changed
DIWR17
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 01:01 PM

I found out the hard way you have to use your Sentri card to use the Sentri Lanes. Had my card for years but didn't register it after I got it. No help on DHS or CBP websites.

2 years of crossings was threatened with vehicle impoundment, $25k fines, secondary inspections etc.

El Cortez website says not accepting reservations. Hopefully that will change by the end of the month.
DIWR17
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2021 at 07:16 PM

Just did the drive from Breck to SJD. Arrived last night. Border is open at Mexicali. Hotels are available. All good. 4 dayer.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.