Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
You forgot wife/husband :P

Whose???
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 06:01 PM
THE BAJA EQUIPMENT TRIP LIST

Left off the BIG BAJA TRIP EQUIPMENT LIST: a jack platform.
Custom made for your Pro Baja Jack and vehicle.
The platform for a floor jack and Econoline with hellwig rear bar is at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/datakollmarineresearch/JACKPLATF...

nice Washington 2x4.
The floor jack’s rear wheels are off the platform with jack body rails resting directly on plywood, front wheels set against the plywood lip on the 2x4’s.
Safety and maneuverability on soft surfaces.
:bounce:
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 06:04 PM

BTW, idea seed credits always go to Gene Kira and Baja Catch, manana !
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 06:10 PM

no nails. Drywall screws driven in with an electric drill.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2011 at 12:13 PM

Add legs and you've got a table for camp.
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2011 at 08:44 AM

fuel filter
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 10:59 AM

A good person friend like me is always the best thing you can have on hand!!! :spingrin:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2012 at 10:02 AM

...dunno if it's in here,,,but the #1 biggest thing I reccomend to campers in Baja is a doormat,,,preferrably one of those with thick-pile,plastic 'grass' mat.......somewhere to change without standing in sand,,,keeps sand from the van and bed,,,easily brushes feet off even when you get-up at night

[Edited on 1-22-2012 by micah202]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-22-2012 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roadhog
no nails. Drywall screws driven in with an electric drill.

use one of these instead....

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BTD142HW-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Co...

Spearo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2012 at 03:29 PM

If you're towing, I always have an extra set of seals and bearings for the trailer hubs along with two spares and an air compressor.

I also carry 47 fishing rods, 5 tackle boxes, three spearguns, nine filets knives, a skillet and a frying pan. And a bottle opener. But that's just me...

Were it not for the abdomen, man would easily reckon himself a god.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2012 at 06:05 PM

After 7 years I don't know what this List is about anymore... Sleeping in a truck is one thing, tenting is another, towing is a different thing again. Different kits for every scenario - perhaps only car kit remains the same.

About that lost-misplaced ignition key: after calling AAA a few times (no such thing in Baja of course), I just ordered 3 spare keys. One is a designated car key, with a big pendant so it's easy to find (old car, no remote). One is on the ring with my house keys (you carry those in Baja anyway). And one more is in my desk at home. Make your own variations if you like - ex, one key in sleeping/clothes bag. Have never failed. For 2 people make more keys.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-4-2012 at 06:14 PM
Spare key taped to rear frame rail

Quote:
Originally posted by Alm
After 7 years I don't know what this List is about anymore... Sleeping in a truck is one thing, tenting is another, towing is a different thing again. Different kits for every scenario - perhaps only car kit remains the same.

About that lost-misplaced ignition key: after calling AAA a few times (no such thing in Baja of course), I just ordered 3 spare keys. One is a designated car key, with a big pendant so it's easy to find (old car, no remote). One is on the ring with my house keys (you carry those in Baja anyway). And one more is in my desk at home. Make your own variations if you like - ex, one key in sleeping/clothes bag. Have never failed. For 2 people make more keys.

If you see my F150 (we call it the Silver Bullet) look under the back bumper and there will be a spare key taped up to one of the brackets.
Always there when I need it.
And, if you need to borrow the Bullet, well you know how to get it started...
Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2012 at 10:15 AM

damn good boots/shoes if you need to walk out or for help - pack all your medications too.;)
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-3-2012 at 05:45 PM

Cooler repair parts.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-3-2012 at 06:25 PM
bajajudy

Hola, all the ladys that I have been with taught this guy to ALWAYS,,ALWAYS HAVE = T.P. with ya and I always travel with water,beer,dogfood,beer,freezedryed food for a week,beer,knife,beer....lol and lots of gas to start with !! K & T :cool:
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2012 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Ok you are going out into the desert, off to find a secluded beach for camping, to try to find those hot springs everyone has told you about, to try to find that water falls with the swimming hole....whatever. You are going on a Baja adventure.....what do you pack?

That is how it all began

I am ready to go

R U?

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2012 at 07:52 PM

Almost, I just need a bigger car!
ballzcowboy

[*] posted on 8-26-2012 at 12:05 PM

Bailing wire...forerunner to zip ties but can do things zip ties fail at. And yes, don't leave home without JB Weld!
EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 10-18-2012 at 08:52 AM
..another my dear?

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Oh.... and most important: a gasoline powered blender for margaritas on the trail!:lol::light::cool:

Funny! A friend has a 12 volt dc electric model that plugs into a ciggy lighter socket and another on his golf cart. This has been a great and helpful thread, after years of travel there is always something that will make it easier/safer. We were supposed to head south on Wednesday but are holding off until we get a handle on the road/gas, especially gas, situation in Baja Sur. Besides Baja we run around the desert in Anza Borrego and AZ so a lot of things cross over.
There is a product called 'After Bite' that is great on stings, ant bites, bug nastiness in general. It is an ammonia based topical that comes in what looks like a marks-a-lot and has a pocket clip. We keep one in each vehicle, our backpacks and kayak kits. While kayaking past Puerto Escontito toward Juncalito once when Baja was wet/green and were hit by a swarm of bees. They usually don't sting when swarming unless threatened so we were lucky but the boats must have looked like a convenient resting place. I was surprise the bees were making a passage over water.

EdZ KG6UTS
San Diego/Borrego Springs

PS Its darn hard looking at our loaded and packed vehicle parked out front and not being on the road ~8^)
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-15-2013 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...dunno if it's in here,,,but the #1 biggest thing I reccomend to campers in Baja is a doormat,,,preferrably one of those with thick-pile,plastic 'grass' mat.......somewhere to change without standing in sand,,,keeps sand from the van and bed,,,easily brushes feet off even when you get-up at night

[Edited on 1-22-2012 by micah202]

One like this? They're called petate.

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.