Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Secure hotel parking in Loreto
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 08:23 PM
Secure hotel parking in Loreto

I'll be needing to stay the night in Loreto on March 1st and I'd like a recommendation on a hotel that has secure parking that will fit my truck and boat. Total length for the combo is 60' including the outboards.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 09:06 PM

La Mison.

Best hotel in Loreto by a very wide margin. Huge gated lot behind the hotel.

Ocean front views. Typically can get it for about $150/night. Not cheap for MX, but it's a very nice hotel. Local craft beers at the bar outside. 3 min walk to the marina or town center.

https://www.hotels.com/ho270440/la-mision-loreto-hotel-loret...

[Edited on 1-22-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 09:10 PM

Thanks JZ!
Good luck on your truck quest!
AguaDulce
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 09:27 PM

Hotel Angra 1 mile in town but takes care of business
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 10:04 PM

Hola,

a BIG 2nd on hotel angra. a large fenced and gated parking lot that you can see from your room.

great sized clean rooms with an acomodating english speaking owner operator and great hot showers.

a sixty foot rig may be a problem, call and ask.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2020 at 10:37 PM

If less expensive is what you are after, go for Hotel Santa Fe. Very nice place, less than a mile off MX 1. Best steak restaurant in town next to it. You can get it for less than $70.

Santa Fe is better than Angra and will fit 60 feet out back. The hotel next door to it (forget the name) will as well.

Again, La Mision is the best hotel in Loreto.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 07:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
Hola,

a BIG 2nd on hotel angra. a large fenced and gated parking lot that you can see from your room.

great sized clean rooms with an acomodating english speaking owner operator and great hot showers.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

I would agree as well just stayed there going north and south. Good price, clean, breakfast at 6:00am included, and they close the gate I believe at 10:00pm.
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
Hola,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

I would agree as well just stayed there going north and south. Good price, clean, breakfast at 6:00am included, and they close the gate I believe at 10:00pm.

How tall and wide is that archway into Hotel Angra's courtyard? Will overcab truck racks with camping stuff or a boat T-Top fit through the archway?
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RnR  
Hola,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

How tall and wide is that archway into Hotel Angra's courtyard? Will overcab truck racks with camping stuff or a boat T-Top fit through the archway?

I drove my 2015 Ram 2500 through so width isn't a problem I don't recall height being an issue but maybe someone else can confirm.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 08:32 AM

Hola,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Height is definitely a concern for me. I need 12' of vertical clearance. Sorry I didn't include that info, but I had not considered overhead arches. Thanks for posting that question.
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaParrothead  
Hola,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Height is definitely a concern for me. I need 12' of vertical clearance. Sorry I didn't include that info, but I had not considered overhead arches. Thanks for posting that question.

Overhead clearance is definitely an issue at several popular hotels along the way south be it arches, overhead gate frames, hotel signs, powerlines, etc.

We typically travel with bicycles on a roof rack on top of a camper shell on an F350. That puts the bicycle handle bars at just over 11 ft. Sometimes we have to pull the bikes off to fit under something.

Based on the website photos, Hotel Angra's arch looks too low at the outer corners for our rig. I keep wanting to stop there and check it out but always seem to just go on by and stay at Tripui.

Still looking for a suitable and secure hotel in Loreto.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 01:05 PM

I stayed at Cocos Cabanas in Loreto and they had just enough room for me to pull my back my rig right in. In the morning I pulled straight ahead to the ramp and launched. My partner then parked the truck and trailer back at Coco's then walked back and we headed out. Reversed everything each evening

In Memory of E-57
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 02:02 PM

I just drove by the Angra and no way Jose could you even think about clearing the arch. I drove in and asked around and they said it was 3 meters (9.8 feet) at it's highest point. Keep in mind that it is an arch and the height drops down quickly from the highest point.

For the easiest with peace of mind you might have to stay at The Mission hotel and just try and suck up the approx. $175 a night price. Definitely the fanciest hotel in Loreto and once you get over the sticker shock you should be happy.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
I just drove by the Angra and no way Jose could you even think about clearing the arch. I drove in and asked around and they said it was 3 meters (9.8 feet) at it's highest point. Keep in mind that it is an arch and the height drops down quickly from the highest point.

Mil Gracias for checking out Hotel Angra. It is definitely a 'no go' for us.

The outer corners of the roof rack on our F350 are at 7'-4". No way to fit under that arch!

Saved me a trip into Loreto to check. Guess it is on to Hotel Tripui.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 03:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

For the easiest with peace of mind you might have to stay at The Mission hotel and just try and suck up the approx. $175 a night price. Definitely the fanciest hotel in Loreto and once you get over the sticker shock you should be happy.

Thank you Howard, that's good to know ahead of time. Does the Santa Fe have an arch going into the rear lot?
If I was traveling with the Mrs, I'd definitely do the Mision, but I don't need fancy for a few hours sleep. Might come down to it though.:(
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 03:43 PM

No arch at Santa Fe. You "might" have to unhook to fit it.

Hacienda Suites is right next to Santa Fe and is very comparable. A little bit bigger parking space I believe. About $65 a night. Decent place.

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 03:51 PM

Thanks JZ. From Google Earth, the one on the west side looks biggest. I was assuming that was Santa Fe; maybe I'm backwards.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2020 at 04:20 PM

Yeah, I guess you are right. Hacienda's parking is across the street (alley).

Per Google Earth, one is 90 feet long and the other is 130 feet.

La Mision is like 300 feet long and 150 feet wide.

[Edited on 1-22-2020 by JZ]

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-23-2020 at 12:22 PM

Hotel Martín has gated parking in back. May have to disconnect the boat. Clean and cheap. Not far from El Rey Del Taco.

Desert Inn (the La Pinta) has a HUGE lot that is guarded night-time.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 1-23-2020 at 05:56 PM

Desert Inn would work for you, easy parking however the hotel itself is a little long in the tooth. Not sure of prices. 60' is a big rig.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.