Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: INAPAM card – question regarding application requirements
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Not irrelevant at all. Tourists should not qualify.

What are you talking about? Tourists don't qualify. You have to be a resident.

Im talking about people who have resident papers but don´t live here.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Not irrelevant at all. Tourists should not qualify.

What are you talking about? Tourists don't qualify. You have to be a resident.

Im talking about people who have resident papers but don´t live here.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 08:23 AM

I’ve got an INAPAM card somewhere, from maybe ten years ago, I too wondered what it was good for and applied for it mainly, well, just because I found I could. I think I tried to use it on a bus back then, and found out about the limited seats available. And I used it a couple of times in museums when I visited Oaxaca, again, many many years ago.
The discounts then, and now, are small, and I doubt many foreign born residents would ‘need’ them (but if any reader here does, go for it, more power to you)

Here’s a list of the discounts available currently. I really doubt anyone could spend/save any money on ‘big purchases’

Pharmacies: Wal-Mart, Bodega Aurrera, Soriana, La Comer, Sam's Club, Superama, etc.

Laboratories: such as Simi, CHOPO and some Orthopedic and Optical centers.

Restaurants: including California, Wings, Woolworth, Applebee's, El Porton, Pastelerías El Globo, Vip's, SanBorn's Cafeteria, etc.

Department Store: Suburbia

Recreation & Cultural: Hotels, Water Parks, Museums, Recreational Parks, Archeological Sites

Buses: ETN and Primera Plus 50% discount

Airlines: Interjet and AeroMexico 15 to 20%​​ based on age and usually not on having an INAPAM card.

Movie Theaters: Cinepolis, Cinemex

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Bob and jane
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 08:32 AM

Also water bills, car papers, driver's licenses...……..
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and jane  
Also water bills, car papers, driver's licenses...……..

And property taxes
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 06:35 PM

https://themazatlanpost.com/2020/01/22/meet-inapam-mexicos-d...

INAPAM cards were designed by the Mexican government, in part, to ENCOURAGE Americans and other foreigners to retire as residents in Mexico. Where we live, property taxes are discounted by 50%/year; water bill is 50% off. We are surrounded by restaurants and pharmacies that welcome senior cards. An INAPAM card is a nice thing to have.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marla Daily  
https://themazatlanpost.com/2020/01/22/meet-inapam-mexicos-d...

INAPAM cards were designed by the Mexican government, in part, to ENCOURAGE Americans and other foreigners to retire as residents in Mexico. Where we live, property taxes are discounted by 50%/year; water bill is 50% off. We are surrounded by restaurants and pharmacies that welcome senior cards. An INAPAM card is a nice thing to have.

Maybe in Mazatlan?
Hey, Maria Daily, I just noticed your location is Loreto. Mine, too. I’ve found the reduction in water bill is negligible, certainly not 50%, and I thought that the local government decided four or five years ago no INAPAM discounts for gringo property taxes. Yes, I live in Loreto Bay and yes, they red-line. Discounts for paying certain months before, but do you really get an INAPAM discount? Would love to know more on that. I’ve never heard of a restaurant in Loreto that takes the card. Please enlighten me. I haven’t tried using the card at a pharmacy, since monday is regular 50% off day. I do use it on the mainland for admissions to museums, archeological sites, etc. I’ve tried using the card for buses, here and on the mainland, and have never once found an available senior seat...always ‘no hay.’
Maybe I should find the thing, dust it off, and try using it again.

[Edited on 2-2-2020 by rhintransit]

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-2-2020 at 06:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

And property taxes

Yeah, that's never worked for us in our area. Flat out refused.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 2-2-2020 at 02:20 PM

We too have our INAPAM cards, I just got mine and the hubby has had his for 10 years.  In fact while I was getting mine, my husband showed the helpful lady (at the INAPAM office) his "old" card.  She suggested he get the current card which he did.   

We have only used the card at a couple of places.  When our cat was still alive, she required thyroid medication so it was about a 10% discount.  Here in CSL, they do give INAPAM card holders a 50% discount on property taxes.  Here's whats funny...many gringos "think" they are getting the 20% discount that is given to everyone in the month of January PLUS an additional 50% off with their INAPAM card.  Truth is, they can get one or the other not both but it is amazing how people can not do simple math or they would be able to calculate they are only getting a 50% discount.  As we as in the South...Bless their hearts!!

In order to get the 50% discount at the CSL tax office we are required "every year" to provide two copies of our USA passport, two copies of our INAPAM card, two copies of our R/P cards (front & back on the same page).  In the past there has been a "special window" for senior citizens" during the month of January only. 

This year (January) when the hubby went to pay our taxes the computers were down so he could not pay but it did allow him to ask some questions. He was able to confirm the max discount is 50% and if you have an INAPAM card you will still get the 50% when you pay in February so there is no need to rush down to the tax office in January since that is their busiest month.  The young lady answered "yes" to both questions.

Like many folks here have said...the rules seem to be different depending what city/office you go to!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.